If you had $10mm

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
If you had $10mm
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am
  • Assuming we have around $10.5mm in cap space, how would you split it between DT/DE/LB and who would you target?

$3.5mm to DE/DT Israel Idonije (2yr/$7m)
    $3.0mm to DT Alan Branch (3yr/$9mm)
    $3.5mm to LB Connor Barwin or Brad Jones (4yr/$14mm)
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: If you had $10mm
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am
  • Sign Branch, draft pass rushers.

Pass rusher are always more expensive than solid run stopping DT's.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am
  • People that are interested in signing Seymour:

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    Btw, in a shocking development, DL Richard Seymour prob only going to play if he gets paid a lot.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am
  • If I had $10mm you know what I'd do...? Two chicks at the same time buddy...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am
  • CANHawk wrote:If I had $10mm you know what I'd do...? Two chicks at the same time buddy...

This man is smarter than all of you.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am
  • Israel Idonije is going into his age 34 season and made just $2.5m last year. He had 7.5 sacks. By comparison, John Abraham got paid $4.4m and was said to be seeking double that amount this year. He had 10 sacks last year. I see Israel as the bargain.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:20 am
  • 12th_Bob wrote:Sign Branch, draft pass rushers.

Its typically assumed to be 2-3 years before Defensive lineman adjust to the NFL and play at their full potential. It's fairly unlikely that a rookie D-lineman can come in and make much of an impact this year, especially considering we don't have a 1st round pick...
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    12th_Bob wrote:Sign Branch, draft pass rushers.

Its typically assumed to be 2-3 years before Defensive lineman adjust to the NFL and play at their full potential. It's fairly unlikely that a rookie D-lineman can come in and make much of an impact this year, especially considering we don't have a 1st round pick...

Does that mean that you expect our 1st pick from last year to improve his skills this year, and if so, do you think we may already have the answer to the question on our roster?

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:If I had $10mm you know what I'd do...? Two chicks at the same time buddy...

If we had $10 million we certainly wouldn't be hanging around with you assholes!

:lol:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 am
  • LOL, sure you would Les, you like all of us.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:If I had $10mm you know what I'd do...? Two chicks at the same time buddy...

If we had $10 million we certainly wouldn't be hanging around with you assholes!

You love us, admit it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:LOL, sure you would Les, you like all of us.

Sadly my cross to bear. It also breaks my heart that you see through my bravado so easily. hahahahahaha

And if you believe that I want to talk to you about some lake property I have for sale in the Navaho Indian Reservation.

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am
  • If I had 10 mil, I'd buy me and 15 of my closest .net pals charter season tickets, so send me your lottery tickets :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 am
  • Could Connor Barwin do the LEO thing? I was under the impression that he was really good, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to him last year, because I was very surprised by his stats. What happened to him?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    12th_Bob wrote:Sign Branch, draft pass rushers.

Does that mean that you expect our 1st pick from last year to improve his skills this year, and if so, do you think we may already have the answer to the question on our roster?

Yes kind of. I fully believe Pete Carroll when he says that Irvin is the perfect mold for his Leo position and will be the successor to Clemons. I don't know if he is completely ready to take over that role full time this year though. And even if he is then we need someone to play the other DE position on passing downs.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am
  • Rat wrote:Could Connor Barwin do the LEO thing? I was under the impression that he was really good, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to him last year, because I was very surprised by his stats. What happened to him?

Could Connor Barwin do the LEO thing?

Yeah, he is scheme-versatile and can play DE/LEO.

This is another reason why I like him.

He did fall off last year.. he went from 11 sacks to just 3. I don't think it has to do with ability because the guy can run a 4.40 40 yard dash and has a 40inch vertical. He's very athletic.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am

• Yes kind of. I fully believe Pete Carroll when he says that Irvin is the perfect mold for his Leo position and will be the successor to Clemons. I don't know if he is completely ready to take over that role full time this year though. And even if he is then we need someone to play the other DE position on passing downs.

All the more reason why we shouldn't break the bank on Abraham or Seymour. All we need is a capable rental for cheap.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 am
  • SDHawk wrote:

Yes kind of. I fully believe Pete Carroll when he says that Irvin is the perfect mold for his Leo position and will be the successor to Clemons. I don't know if he is completely ready to take over that role full time this year though. And even if he is then we need someone to play the other DE position on passing downs.

All the more reason why we shouldn't break the bank on Abraham or Seymour. All we need is a capable rental for cheap.

Break the bank?

Both those guys are expected to sign veteran minimum deals (or close to it) just to play 1 or 2 more years and compete for a championship. They are exactly what we're looking for...
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am
  • Throwdown wrote:

I got in late, but I was going to say something to the effect of "Sign nobody, go on vacation".
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:

Break the bank?

Both those guys are expected to sign veteran minimum deals (or close to it) just to play 1 or 2 more years and compete for a championship. They are exactly what we're looking for...

DJ, I suggest you actually read FA news before commenting. Seymour is looking for lots of money, Abraham is looking for $8-$12m per season.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am
  • SDHawk wrote:DJ, I suggest you actually read FA news before commenting. Seymour is looking for lots of money, Abraham is looking for $8-$12m per season.

So far that is just agent talk and rumors. They themselves have not come out and said that personally. And do you really expect any team to pay guys of their age that much money? I don't, 5M is about where they'll be I think.

People said that Percy Harvin would get 12-15M per, how'd that turn out?
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am
  • CANHawk wrote:If I had $10mm you know what I'd do...? Two chicks at the same time buddy...

You don't need $10 mil for that. Head to Thailand.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am
  • Also as guys sit longer their price goes down. I'm definitely not for bringing in old Vets for overpriced contracts but I don't think they'll have any problem getting Abraham to the 4-5M range if they want him. That's about what he was going to make this year anyways for Atlanta.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

Man that's coooooooooooooooooooooold, I'm probably one of the nicest assholes you've never met.
    I'd probably just buy 7 foot stilts, so's I could look down my nose at all those peons that aren't Seahawks fans.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am
  • Sticking to the Seahawks having $10 million

Take away $1 million for Kicker..........none signed right now
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]