Cap situation currently?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Cap situation currently?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 am
  • does someone have a good idea on how much cap room we have left post Harvin deal and cutting Leon? How much money would trading Flynn free up? With our current draft picks how much to we have to leave open to sign them?

Anybody have any idea what kind of cap hits the following guys would command this year on 1 year deals?

Seymour
    Abraham
    Avril
    Freeney
    Osi
    Winfield
    Woodson
    Branch
    Jones
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Re: Cap situation currently?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 am
  • From what I've heard, Harvin's cap hit THIS year is actually comparatively small... about $5 million (his new signing bonus spread across the life of the new deal plus the remaining year from his rookie season). It's going to jump up a lot next season, but that dovetails nicely with Zach Miller's cap hit dropping like a rock.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:17 am
  • Who knows. Let the front office worry about it.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:22 am
  • The contract was renegotiated the last year of the rookie contract is gone. It is big money this year spread in multiple years an then more in salary future years.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:26 am
  • mikeak wrote:The contract was renegotiated the last year of the rookie contract is gone. It is big money this year spread in multiple years an then more in salary future years.

Not according to this:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... cy-harvin/

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:26 am
  • Some one will correct me on this i am sure because there are more knowlegable people out there but i am guessing we have around 14 or 15 mill left in cap space after the signing of PH and releasing Leon.
    GhostHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 am
  • Harvin's cap hit for this year is only $4.5M, which is composed of his 2013 salary of $2.5M and a prorated signing bonus of $2M (1/6 of $12M).
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 am
  • Curious what is going on with Obomanu. I would have thought that he would have been released by now
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04 am
  • We old members really miss the time when Hawkstorian had a line into cap info and we always knew up front what the numbers were.

Thanks for those years Hawkstorian. I learned a lot about cap and various rules from you in those days. And paid attention to them, unlike what we see now.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 am
  • The Radish wrote:We old members really miss the time when Hawkstorian had a line into cap info and we always knew up front what the numbers were.

Thanks for those years Hawkstorian. I learned a lot about cap and various rules from you in those days. And paid attention to them, unlike what we see now.

Well there might have been a salary cap thread that was pinned at the top of the board for awhile, and it MIGHT have been bumped up today just for guys like you Les 8)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716&start=40
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:07 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:We old members really miss the time when Hawkstorian had a line into cap info and we always knew up front what the numbers were.

Well there might have been a salary cap thread that was pinned at the top of the board for awhile, and it MIGHT have been bumped up today just for guys like you Les 8)

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716&start=40

I just realized it was missing and was on my way here to link it. Thanks for setting me straight.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information