UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Yeah guess I just got worked up after watching a segment on NFL Am where they all preferred the Boldin trade compared to the Harvin trade. Either way I love what the FO did as well as the deal that they worked with Harvin.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• mjwhitay wrote:
    themunn wrote:I expect production around 60 receptions for 900 yards, 30 rushes for 200 yards, he's never going to get 120+ targets in this offense, as Wilson will spread the ball around often.

Tom Brady spreads the ball all over the place and Wes Welker still gets 150 targets a year. I know they throw a lot more, but Percy is gonna get a 100 reception season or two with this offense. I'm sure of it. He's too damn good.

Tom Brady also throws the ball over 600 times a year and the Patriots play that high-tempo 70 play a game hurry-up offense.
    And whilst they have a decent receiving corps, they've had Randy Moss for a couple of years, Brandon Lloyd for a year, but their actual receiving corps depth is probably not comparable to ours, so Welker is going to get targetted a lot more (even by someone who spreads the ball around)

Welker's receptions account for a little under 20% of Brady's attempts - Rice (our receptions leader) had 50 catches this year with Wilson attempting close to 400 passes. So around 12.5% of Wilson's attempts were caught by Rice (who dropped a lower percentage of balls compared to Welker)
    Unless you expect Wilson to focus in on Harvin and throw a third of attempts Harvin's way - not to mention through the ball more than 450 times, he'll get nowhere near 100 receptions.
    We just don't play that way
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information