UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'll say:

6 years, $62 million, $26 million guaranteed (including $18 million signing bonus)

First season: $4.5 million base $3.6 signing bonus = $8.1 cap number

**Mod edit**

Here is the deal:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Harvin numbers coming. Will post full details. $67 million over six years. $14.5 million fully guaranteed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's going to be big.

He wants Johnson/Fitzgerald money. Those were eight years, 120+ million with over $50 million guaranteed.

I am expecting at least 6 years, 80 million, and 30 guaranteed. Otherwise, Harvin will just sit tight on the Vikings and try his luck as a FA next year.

This is not a done deal until he agrees to a new contract.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
We wouldn't have done the trade if we didn't have a contract done with his agents. They just can't announce it till tomorrow. 6 years 66mil 28 guarenteed

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Jeezus, he is a football player in a GAME! It's not like he is curing cancer or caring for orphans. No way he gets that kind of money.

I'll say $60K per year, company phone, gas reimbursement at $0.35/mile, 1 week paid vacation and 5 sick days.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1cva7ot4 said:
Jeezus, he is a football player in a GAME! It's not like he is curing cancer or caring for orphans. No way he gets that kind of money.

I'll say $60K per year, company phone, gas reimbursement at $0.35/mile, 1 week paid vacation and 5 sick days.

1 week vacation? God, you have no idea what you're talking about.

General Manager

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":ubvxsbbd said:
We wouldn't have done the trade if we didn't have a contract done with his agents. They just can't announce it till tomorrow. 6 years 66mil 28 guarenteed

I agree they have a deal in principle.

tooshort

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":3tgs3aqi said:

My friend coined the nickname "pricey" harvin and I shot back "bet we sell our souls to the pricey Harvin devil for a few rings @6years $66mil... "

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I'll say 6 yrs, $67M. $14.5M fully guaranteed, with another conditional $11M forthcoming if he stays healthy. Just a stab.

Biggiec76

Reaction score
I Wouldnt be surprised if Seattle gets him on a short term deal maybe 3yrs with a 4th yr option, I only hope they dont put us in a high cap situation with harvin a couple years from now when our core needs to be resigned Cause.... he may not hold up long term???? paying him a bunch up front and with the caveat that allows us to cut him in a couple a years with a low cap hit to us!!!!

FYI- these huge long term deals suck all that matters is we front load the deal so we dont get bit on the back end.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
It will be big but I trust John to make the right move here. I'm sure it passed the Pete, John, Tom & Darrell test. 12 mill signing with a 6-75-38 guaranteed with incentives. Hell, I really have no clue.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":17v46qed said:
5 years, 72 mil.
Dwayne Bowe just signed for 5 years, $55 million ($11 per year)
Last year Vincent Jackson signed for 5 years, $55 million as well

No way that Percy gets a contract worth 30% more than those guys, not with this front office running things.

heyu123

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1il83fpd said:
KARAVARUS":1il83fpd said:
5 years, 72 mil.
Dwayne Bowe just signed for 5 years, $55 million ($11 per year)
Last year Vincent Jackson signed for 5 years, $55 million as well

No way that Percy gets a contract worth 30% more than those guys, not with this front office running things.

Maybe not 30% more, but he'll probably get slightly more. and I think more years too(6 in my opinion).

Harvin is better than those two. Not sure by how much, but at least marginally.

I'm going to guess 6/70 with 30 mil guaranteed

ivotuk

Reaction score
4 years, 48 million, 22 million guaranteed, with a huge (10 million dollar) signing bonus so that we take the cap hit this year.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
There's just as many reports that PH WASN'T trying to extort the Vikings for a top WR contract, I don't think its necessarily true.

I'd say for being on a true contending team, with a real stand out QB, that he can help become a top 15 offensive team, along with a top 10 defense and great special teams...

I don't think its necessary to sign him to a Wallace type contact, I don't think PH wants that much vs. a chance to be on a great team.

I predict 5 year, around $40 million, no idea on guaranteed money or cap hit or performance perks.

pinksheets

Reaction score
LaConfora is saying it'll be more than $12m a year. They must really like Percy, he'll certainly cost us some of our homegrown guys in the longrun, but I'm sure that's been factored in.