Comparing Harvin early years...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Comparing Harvin early years...
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 am
  • Its interesting to see the differences in how Harvin is utilized with Farve than with Ponder. For a reminder of what Farve looked like, check this out :
    Vintage Farve...triple coverage...so what.

Harvin's rookie year was the year that Farve literally force fed the offense through Harvin, because everyone else was getting injured. Also Farve seems to have left a lasting impression on Harvin at least when you read this 2009 ESPN article, he does...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread10/Percy%20Harvin. Notably Harvin brought up Farve's name several times when comparing Russell Wilson to a good NFL QB in today's press conference.
    Last edited by jake206 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
    jake206
    NET Starter

Re: Comparing Harvin early years...
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 am
  • This Tweet from Doug Farrar sums it up pretty well. Plus, it feeds my fan-ego for my beloved Seahawks, which I love.

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar
    Percy Harvin QB mentions -- Brett Favre: about 10. Russell Wilson: about 500. Christian Ponder: About zeroooooo.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am
  • My impression of Harvin is he's a misunderstood ultra-competitive guy who expects the best from everyone including coaches/QBs. His standards are high and he expects everyone around him to be the best. Pretty stoked about this season.
    jake206
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 am
  • It seems to me like perhaps Harvin's problem with Ponder is that Ponder didn't have a work ethic close to Harvin's, and since he was a mediocre QB on the field, Harvin probably thought he should have been busting his ass to improve since he had a long ways to go.

If I'm a great talent in the NFL and my QB's not, and not working harder than anyone to correct that; then considering what the QB position is and how it's automatically a leadership position, I'd have contempt for my QB in that scenario, too.

You can't fault a guy who's just not that good if he's working his ASS off to try and get better, and just can't seem to. You can totally fault a guy if he's not that good and doesn't try super-hard to become good, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am
  • His early years being covered here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66339
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information