Washington State Income Tax & Harvin's Contract

Sturm

Reaction score
From PFT:

He gets a $12 million signing bonus, paid in full by the end of 2013 in a state that has no income tax.

Does anyone know what this means in relation to player's contracts in Seattle vs players in the league that sign with other teams? Examples would help.

Axx

Reaction score
he still has to pay federal income tax doh......

I dont think players care to much about how much they will get taxed honestly. They are workers no "Business owner capitalist".

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Well California has a 10.5% tax on income over 1 Million, so a 10Mil deal in Seattle is better than an 11Mil in SF, Oak, or SD by about 155k

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Axx":bmidsadg said:

I dont think players care to much about how much they will get taxed honestly. They are workers no "Business owner capitalist".

Why would a player worry a ton about how much his contract pays him and then not worry about how much of it will go towards taxes?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Axx":dq8r7f11 said:

Damn them business owner capitalists! You know, the ones that made the money that they pay to the players! Damn them for negotiating a huge TV contract and thereby increasing the amount of money the players get! Those selfish bastages! They are all like Scrooge McDuck! Quack quack quack! :p

pinksheets

Reaction score
I think Axx may be taking some early college level courses in perhaps sociology, maybe political theory, delving into a little Marx, and trying to say that the players are the laborers, members of the proletariat, not the bourgeois owners of the means of production. Not sure what that has to do with their personal accounting, though.