How Terrifying a formation is this?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:Situation: Third & short

    Formation: Shotgun, empty set.

    Goal: Get the defensive in their nickel package.

    Players: Rice and Tate on the outside. Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. Miller standing up at TE.

    Play: First, motion Harvin into the backfield next to Wilson. Second, motion Miller to either side of the tackles OR to the outside of Rice/Tate, drawing a defender with him.

    From there, the sky is the limit. You can run option game, play action, or a number of different screen plays to Harvin/Tate/Baldwin.



    I don't think you can "motion" two players before a snap.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am
  • I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am
  • You can have two players motion at the same time as long as they set before the snap.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You can have two players motion at the same time as long as they set before the snap.


    Mind = Blown
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm
  • NorCal wrote:I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.

    The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 855
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm
  • Hawknight wrote:Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.

    Agreed. Would not hurt if the whiners lost goldston. I read hes testing the waters. Hopefully he goes elswhere that would make me smile.
    Some mind's are like cement, Mixed up well and Permanently SET!
    kearly wrote:The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.
    User avatar
    HawkMania
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 233
    Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 am


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    NorCal wrote:I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.

    The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.


    Obviously the team won't look to the fan's site for scheme. My comment was in reference to other fan's thoughts of a formation.

    And why wouldn't the Niners be considered the team to beat in the division? They won the division and went farther in the playoffs. Yes, Harvin goes add a weapon, but to think the offense is now unstoppable is fans being fans.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    Hawknight wrote:Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.


    You mean three times this season :)


    Why do you want them to make the playoffs?


    Well, if we beat them 3 times, it means we at least made it to the NFC title game.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 666
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm




It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information