Pete Carroll on Moving the Chains (2:20 PM)

AgentDib

Reaction score
PK: If i'm sitting in your spot, I'm thinking it's like moving up and you saw Harvin as the best receiver and you had to move up to get him. I look at it like a bargain for you.

PC: We looked at it like that. We looked at what would be available and thought Harvin was the top tier player. He's gonna be one of the guy who will be making plays and all. We know he can play, we thought he was a terrific player and we wanted to get an impact player in the first.

TR: Clearly he would be more expensive than any player you can draft but I think he's worth it. It's been reported that a deal is in place?

PC: That has been announced and is done. It's sounds official and he is already here with us.

TR: Talk about defending him, the challenge defenses face when defending a guy like him.

PC: One of our put out transcripts and I was raving about trying to stop him. He gets the ball so many ways and he is such a dangerous runner after the catch. They got it to him in a multitude of ways and one of the great things is that Bevell coached him into the league and respects the hell out of him. We're going to fit him and we have a really nice group with Sidney Rice, Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin. He does have some qualities - he carries the ball out of the backfield like a tailback and

PK: Speculation people may be let go for salary, ripple effect.

PC: He's not taking anybody's spot, we're just adding guys in to get as many good players. We love what golden and sydney are doing for us, and those will be our top 4 and that is good news for us.

TR: Chris Clemon's injury?

PC: I haven't seen him, he's going to be in here this week. His rehab is supposedly going tremendously, but we'll count on Chris playing for certain next season. You can't have enough pass rushers and we are always looking to heat it up. Irvin improved a great deal this year but he is going to get a lot better, and Clem is trying to get back in action. We are kicking tires and trying to see who is out there.

TR: Ripple effect of harvin trade - Leon released? Is that hard from a personal standpoint?

PC: That is always a hard part of it. We're hoping for Leon and we would love to have him play, but this is a move we had to make because of the contracts and business side. This was a tough call we had to make and I love that kid.

PK: When do you turn your interest to the draft? Are you done with the FA thing or will you stick with it for a few weeks? What do you do with your time in the personnel time?

PC: This phone call took me out of a meeting talking about 6 players, and we're not done with FA at all. There may be some opportunities to get a couple guys in here who can help us and we're never gonna stop battling. John did a great job with Harvin, and we're trying to keep it going. I'll jump right back in and will be talking with the next position group right now.

TR: St. Louis may be signing Jake Long, Boldin with 49ers, West is unbelievable divison.

PC: Anquan is a great player, everybody is jacked up in this division . last year we established ourselves as one of the tough divisions and we're gonna battle it out next year.

PK: Thanks for joining us Pete, you might as well get back in there and not waste any time.

OP
OP
AgentDib

AgentDib

Reaction score
MTC speculation after interview:

- Sounds like Rice is not going anywhere.
- They may resign Leon if he doesn't get a quick deal elsewhere.
- Alan Branch is unbelievably important but they are letting him get a market contract. I wouldn't be shocked if he is back with Seattle.
- PK: Lynch has been great for Seattle character wise and Harvin should follow suit.
- TR: No behavior issues anticipated for harvin either.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Sounds like Clem should be good to go so I suspect DT is the big focus

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Start the speculation: Who are the six players?

This phone call took me out of a meeting talking about 6 players, and we're not done with FA at all. There may be some opportunities to get a couple guys in here who can help us and we're never gonna stop battling

The Outfield

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.

Man, I really hope Clemons comes back fully and quickly. Damn FedEx Field.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":v6vtji79 said:

This phone call took me out of a meeting talking about 6 players, and we're not done with FA at all. There may be some opportunities to get a couple guys in here who can help us and we're never gonna stop battling

One's probably a western European who played basketball, doesn't know the English language, but can run a 4.6 40 and is willing to sign a three year futures contract.

(How far off I will be, really?)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fbfnpxi said:

Woodson, Bryant, Abraham for sure.. our interest in them has already been stated.

Who knows what else these guys are after. I like Sarlacc's guess

NYCoug

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":d4ggabxu said:
JSeahawks":d4ggabxu said:

One's probably a western European who played basketball, doesn't know the English language, but can run a 4.6 40 and is willing to sign a three year futures contract.

(How far off I will be, really?)

By just a few continents, actually. Heard there's an African scientist currently doing research in Antarctica. Stands 6'8" and weighs 340 pounds. Ran a 4.8 40 when an avalanche nearly took out his post. Team's been high on him ever since. Possible 3-Tech.

w00t

Reaction score
The Outfield":35l5vx8m said:
Thanks for the post.

I really hate Dan Synder. Fix your field jackass.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
w00t":kbyroi98 said:
The Outfield":kbyroi98 said:
Thanks for the post.

I really hate Dan Synder. Fix your field jackass.

There was a long segment on the Dan Patrick show this morning with a writer from the Washington Post regarding the crappy field. Seems everybody gets it but Snyder. What a maroon...