Florio speculates Sidney Rice may be released

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Yeah don't see that happening right now.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• To me releasing Rice makes no sense
    MrNorseman
    NET Bench Warmer

• Guys, there are already direct statements from Carroll quoted in this thread confirming they are keeping Rice (and Tate and Baldwin).
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Dude I would be pissed if we released Sydney Rice. I really hope he's just trying to conjure up something to write about out of thin air.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    The Yugoslavian wrote:Why release him this season? What do we need the money for? Next off season re-evaluate maybe to resign Earl and Sherm but there's no point this year

I guess it doesn't matter how many times it is said as people don't seem to get the concept. THE CAP SPACE ROLLS OVER TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

that would be what we need the money for

I believe you are partially correct about that as some does but there are instant savings as well. Or else teams over the cap would be shit out of luck

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• I missed it. Whst did Tate say about the Harvin deal? Florio made it sound that Tate wasn't happy about it.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Tate was asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN, and he said

When asked about the trade, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, whose spot on the Seahawks' depth chart will be altered with the addition of Harvin, told Josina Anderson that "it's a business."

"The Seahawks are trying to do whatever they think is necessary to put together a Super Bowl quality team. If this is one of the steps they think works to accomplish that, then that's their choice. I don't think it will impact any of our work habits. We are still going to grind and let the cards play out the way that they will," he said.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1cp07& ... lot=1&wjb=

Doesn't seem too upset and I'm sure everything will be cool with Harvin is scoring points for us. Tate's a Seahawk he will be fine with this.

95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• The Yugoslavian wrote:Tate was asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN, and he said

When asked about the trade, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, whose spot on the Seahawks' depth chart will be altered with the addition of Harvin, told Josina Anderson that "it's a business."

"The Seahawks are trying to do whatever they think is necessary to put together a Super Bowl quality team. If this is one of the steps they think works to accomplish that, then that's their choice. I don't think it will impact any of our work habits. We are still going to grind and let the cards play out the way that they will," he said.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1cp07& ... lot=1&wjb=

Doesn't seem too upset and I'm sure everything will be cool with Harvin is scoring points for us. Tate's a Seahawk he will be fine with this.

Much ado. Florio made it seem worse. I think it will make him better as Harvin will command the attention. Tate will ine up against the third corner in modt cases.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Good God, someone kill this stupid thread already! It keeps popping back up to the top of the list when it's pathetically unrealistic. Unless of course people just want to gripe about Florio.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I don't think he will, if you are suggesting he will be in the slot in 3 wide sets that is. I'm assuming it will be Harvin & Rice in two wide and Tate Harvin (slot) Rice in 3 wide.

The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• Um...No. AT least I hope not. Not this year. He was healthy enough last year and made some big plays. I don't think we go out there with just Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin. We need Rice's big plays.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

• What do you suppose Florios' conduit to this insider information
    that nobody else seems to have could be?

Sometimes I think these guys just throw something out there to
    see how much they can shake the tree.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:Florio is a dolt. Couldn't carry Adam Schefter's BlackBerry...

What's a blackberry?

I agree with the consensus. Eventually, but not now.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Hawks wouldn't be smart to release Rice. He's to big a play maker and would compliment Harvin nicely. Match up nightmare for other teams if we keep him along with harvin, tate, Baldwin, miller, lynch. That's a crazy list.
    Seattle Patriots
    NET Bench Warmer

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I don't see it.

But we shall see.

Sadly, I do. He's getting paid a lot of money for middling production. He's good for stretching the field but his play style makes him an injury risk (he falls down hard after almost every catch), and Golden Tate is establishing himself as the bigger threat. Much as I'd love to see Harvin, Rice, and Golden on the field together, it seems likely that Rice is the odd man out.

'Sadly,' I think this post is over-dramatc and exhibits a narrow-mined view of how the offense evolved as the season progressed. Kinda 'sad' actually. He 'fell' soft enough to stay injury-free all of last season, so yeah, I can see where that's a hugh problem.

Who needs play makers anyhow when we have GT with his single, modestly-productive season. And Sid should have hooked up more often wth RW, cuz it's not like they were only working with 1/3 the reps they would normally get in preseason.

Maybe I should just mind meld with a mediot so I won't have to bore myself with all the details. This has been very enlightning. Thank you much.
    Last edited by HawKnPeppa on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Florio is a dolt. Couldn't carry Adam Schefter's BlackBerry...

What's a blackberry?

Must be a typo. Only bruthas have them fruit.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information