Zach Miller

OL
Russell Okung
John Moffit
Max Unger
James Carpenter
Breno Giocamini
J.R. Sweezy

I see 11 of those 14 on the field the majority of the game. Are we done? Are we still missing anything?

IMO that is a dream offense. When the Cardinals went to the Superbowl and lost in the final minute to the Steelers, they had Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin (both in their prime) and Kurt Warner (at the end of his career) and not much of a running game. With the offensive weapons we'll be trotting out next season we have playmakers at every position. We have a QB who can run or pass, we have a WR who can line up anywhere and is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball. We have two WR who can throw beautiful TD passes...

nategreat

Reaction score
We STILL need Carpenter to remain healthy @ LG. And if that's the case, I would prefer an upgrade @ RT. And preferably RG as well, if neither Sweezy or Moffit can step it up. Sweezy has potential I think, but until he cleans things up, he's still a project. And just the fact that Moffit didn't start over him, leads me to believe that the team isn't necessarily too impressed- which is enough for me to downplay him, as much as I like his personality and believe he's great in the locker room. So in other words, I would gladly take some help on the O-line.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The pieces are there for sure. Any additions, to me, are nitpicking at his point and depend on your overall offensive philosophy.

I still have high hopes for Carp there. Look what happened to Unger and Okung at the three year mark.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say the core of the offense is on the roster, but with as much two tightend sets the hawks run, I'd like to see an upgrade over McCoy with a better receiver, YAC type.

I'd also like a speed RB added to replace Leon.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
nategreat":1qdfdtbm said:
We STILL need Carpenter to remain healthy @ LG. And if that's the case, I would prefer an upgrade @ RT. And preferably RG as well, if neither Sweezy or Moffit can step it up. So in other words, I would gladly take some help on the O-line.

Breno graded out pretty highly at RT, and cut down on the flags a lot by the end of the season. I think the idea of upgrading ANY position sounds great on paper, but the likelyhood of doing that at RT will be harder than most people think.

I 100% agree with you though, LG/RG are really the only spots that are wild cards for me on offense.

To Jester's OP, this is as complete of an offense as we have fielded in a LONG time (maybe ever). And we aren't even half way through the offseason yet.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Get us a pro bowler right guard and we are set on offense although id love to have Reggie Bush on our roster also.

JKent82

Reaction score
Move TE is about it in my opinion, don't really have space for a big Mike Williams type at this point. And a scat back behind Turbs and Marshawn.

GhostHawk

Reaction score
i would say another pass catching tight end to compliment Miller and push McCoy. I could live with Breno another season at RT if we couldn't find some where better as it was stated already that he did cut down on his penalties as the season wore on.

hawker84

Reaction score
i don't think we need to address TE at all, i'm happy with McCoy behind Miller... just needs to get a little more consistant.. but he's shown he can come up with big plays.. and Miller was off the Charts last part of the season..

i think they should focus on defense at this point.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I don't know about complete, but probably adequate. As already mentioned, some retooling of the OL is likely in order. And another wideout. I really have grown to covet Va Tech WR Marcus Davis. 6'4, 230. 44" vert / 4.37 40. Could be a steal in the 4th/5th rd and surprise a lot of people.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3vr8va3h said:

Harvin and Tate can both be that speed guy being used with the occasional end around, or in the screen game to supplement the power run attack.

two dog

Reaction score
Pass blocking. Whether it's new blood or upskilling the guys that are there,
Russell needs just a little more time.

I hope they re-sign Frank Omiyale who provided good play when he was needed.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1tk9nycx said:
I'd say the core of the offense is on the roster, but with as much two tightend sets the hawks run, I'd like to see an upgrade over McCoy with a better receiver, YAC type.

I think McCoy is just fine as depth for Miller. He was really solid as a second TE last year. What I'd like to see is that H-back/Joker type of tight end added to the group, but if we go into the season with just Miller and McCoy, I'll be comfortable with that.

From what I've seen on him, I don't think it's all that much of a stretch to envision Harvin in the back field as the 3rd down back. In 2011 Harvin rushed 52 times for 350 with a 6.6 yard average. That's pretty consistent with anything Leon's ever done as a "change of pace", and I think we'd all agree that Harvin is a much bigger receiving threat than Leon. That would be a pretty dynamic look actually; 3 wide with Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller at TE with Harvin in the backfield. The possibilities out of a look like that are almost endless... Trips, trips bunch, read option... read option end around out of trips bunch... read option end around WR pass to a streaking Russell Wilson down the sideline... omg... it's crazier than Tecmo Bowl.

The O-line is pretty solid IMO, just need to get Carp healthy. Okung and Unger are all world talents as far as I'm concerned. Carp looked pretty good at LG, but needs to stay healthy (I still have lots of hope for him). Breno's really pulled up his socks with the bonehead stuff and was pretty good last year. Sure we could upgrade, but it's not a huge need right now. If there's a weak spot, it's RG. Either Sweezy or Moffitt really needs to step up and take over the position this year. Glad to have McQuistan though. Guy is a swill army knife. Omiyale and Lemuel seem to be pretty solid back ups.

So yeah, I'd say the offense is about as complete as you can ever hope to get anything complete in today's NFL.

nategreat

Reaction score
kidhawk":36uiki7b said:
Recon_Hawk":36uiki7b said:

Harvin and Tate can both be that speed guy being used with the occasional end around, or in the screen game to supplement the power run attack.

True, but we are going to need to have 3 RB on the depth chart, regardless, IMO. And with Beast Mode and Turbin having somewhat similar styles, I would prefer a speed-back type as a change of pace- someone like Kendall Hunter or LaMichael James. I'm sure this can be found in the draft.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
nategreat":pgb23d4e said:
kidhawk":pgb23d4e said:
Recon_Hawk":pgb23d4e said:

True, but we are going to need to have 3 RB on the depth chart, regardless, IMO. And with Beast Mode and Turbin having somewhat similar styles, I would prefer a speed-back type as a change of pace- someone like Kendall Hunter or LaMichael James. I'm sure this can be found in the draft.

If the have 3 RBs, it will most likely be for the sake of special teams, and obviously not on returns. Turbin as big as he is, really is more of a COP than Lynch. They loved using Turbin on third down last year, and I think that continues into next. Harvin/Tate both have the ability to be scatbacks, with Turbin providing the more traditional change of pace. If they do keep a 3rd I don't see a situation, outside of injury or simply blowing a team out of the water, where we see him on the field much on offense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
nategreat":ne6dweum said:
kidhawk":ne6dweum said:
Recon_Hawk":ne6dweum said:

Honestly I don't see a specific need for a 3rd RB on the roster. I can see us drafting one later in the draft and maybe putting them on the practice squad, but Leon was pretty much just there for special teams and really only played RB very rarely.

McGruff

Reaction score
We need one of our three young guards to become what we hope they can be . . . and we need long term upgrades to Giacomini and McQuistan.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I would rather see Michael Robinson's eventual replacement as a 3rd RB. Love MRob but he is 30 this year, we gotta get the FBOTF on the roster NOW!

Latest posts