Pete Carroll: Harvin "arguably best player in America"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
Sorry about the title- it's slightly misleading due to a character limit. I just stumbled across a great article on Harvin to Seattle today and I thought it had a really interesting insight into Carroll/Harvin that is IMO worth it's own thread:

We know Bevell likes Harvin, but it’s fair to use the term “love” when we’re talking about head coach Pete Carroll. When Harvin was coming out of Landstown high school in Virginia, he only took two visits: Florida and Carroll’s USC. And in October of his year, Carroll had this to say on Harvin:

“He’s so good you just have to showcase him. … He’s a fantastic player. He was arguably the best player in America coming out of high school. So the fact that he’s playing with all the top guys and his numbers are on top of the league, that’s fitting.”

As if we couldn't tell from the price Seattle paid, it's clear our coach and GM LOVE Percy Harvin.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes, when Michael Robinson was on ESPN talking about it yesterday (there's a clip posted somewhere in that original thread I think), there was mention of pete's USC being the only other school he visited before choosing to go to Florida, so it's another case of someone pete has had his eye on for a very long time now.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1w0ck94x said:
Yes, when Michael Robinson was on ESPN talking about it yesterday (there's a clip posted somewhere in that original thread I think), there was mention of pete's USC being the only other school he visited before choosing to go to Florida, so it's another case of someone pete has had his eye on for a very long time now.

Yeh, he likes to get his guy eventually, Irvin and Sherman have been some of the other recent cases. Kinda makes me think Arthur Brown will be a Seahawk come day two of the Draft. Pete Carroll said he was the best linebacker prospect he'd seen in almost a decade when he tried to get him at USC.

Status
Not open for further replies.