Sherm on NFLAM re: Harvin Acquisition

nsport

Reaction score
I am on the east coast today and had to go to work so I missed it - they were teasing it all night last night - hoping someone caught it!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":13l59u4f said:
I watched the NFL Am interview on NFL.com....Sherm was very laid back and very diplomatic. But he's often 'quieter' on NFL AM because he's up so early LOL.

dude just looks worn out to me, hopefully he takes a break sometime soon and gets some rest. Hopefully he has a vacation planned.

iigakusei

Reaction score
He is an absolute shoo-in for a big time network gig when he is done football. This is the type of interview I love to hear from Sherman.

McGruff

Reaction score
iigakusei":1kpo80tp said:
He is an absolute shoo-in for a big time network gig when he is done football. This is the type of interview I love to hear from Sherman.

Boring and canned?

drdiags

Reaction score
Nice interview. Unfortunately by the time he is due for a contract renewal I suspect his view on how the NFL's FO interact with players is going to be a little jaded. Only way all the players get paid that he mentions is that Rice, Miller, Leon and either Mebane or Red (maybe both) will be shown the door.

John Clayton wrote a column a few weeks back and he claimed your usual NFL team cannot have more than 8 players making > $6M. Now whether he pulled that number out of thin air or not, your QB, LT, all-world FS and Top CB coming due around the same time is going to make things tough, especially with Harvin soon to make > $12M.

Next offseason and beyond is going to be tough for those who got close to some of the fan favs with the team. The business side is just how things have to be with a cap and non-guaranteed contracts.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I don't think Clayton is wrong.

The odds that Me bane, Byant, Rice or Miller reach the end of their contract is probably not going to happen.

Since we have 2-3 years until their release that should free up cap space to resign our young guys.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I saw the interview. That was quite a different Sherm from the Bayless throwdown. He was back to being very personable and offered some good insight. Sounds like he knows he is going to get paid but wants to make it work in Seattle. Lets hope he does, but that negotiation really scares me

themunn

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3ji91pza said:
I saw the interview. That was quite a different Sherm from the Bayless throwdown. He was back to being very personable and offered some good insight. Sounds like he knows he is going to get paid but wants to make it work in Seattle. Lets hope he does, but that negotiation really scares me

Almost as if he was saying "I want to be the highest paid corner in the league... but not at the expense of the rest of the team", which would be awesome

iigakusei

Reaction score
McGruff":rxt7ve6k said:
iigakusei":rxt7ve6k said:

Boring and canned?

Exactly!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2lg85zkc said:
Lieutenant Dan":2lg85zkc said:
I watched the NFL Am interview on NFL.com....Sherm was very laid back and very diplomatic. But he's often 'quieter' on NFL AM because he's up so early LOL.

dude just looks worn out to me, hopefully he takes a break sometime soon and gets some rest. Hopefully he has a vacation planned.

In the last month, he's been to Vegas and Miami, I believe.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Call it boring and canned if you like. To me it was informative and fun. And safe, yes.

The question about does Sherma want/expect Seattle to make him the highest paid shack ever was lame, lowbrowl, tacky, premature and sensationalist. And Sherm handled it well.

hawker84

Reaction score
it was nice to see his intelligent/articulate side shine through in this one...maybe's he's letting off on the throttle a bit....

CANHawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1r663ae9 said:

He'll be the new Warren Sapp. Except... y'know... smart.

dunceface

Reaction score
Sherm prob felt bad for upsetting all you guys so he played nice this time
what an all pro Stanford graduate class act!

Latest posts