Sherm on NFLAM re: Harvin Acquisition

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Great insights from Sherm on the organizational culture. Loved hearing about the player-friendly college atmosphere that Pete has built here. I think that really comes through on the field and in the behind-the-scenes stuff we get to see. And am I wrong, or did it sound like he was open to being flexible in compensation to keep the key peices together?
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Re: Sherm on NFLAM re: Harvin Acquisition
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:43 am
  • It was nice seeing a more calm version of Sherman. And I'm glad he likes the trade
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am
  • Love the fact that he seems to have a genuine love for this organization and the way it is run. His ringing endorsement could be very helpful in attracting free agents to Seattle and it comes at the perfect time as Free agency is on all players minds right now.
    RezHawk
    NET Veteran

• If he is smart and I'd say he is considering he is a Stanford grad, then all this trash talking and getting his name out there is preparing him for his next contract. Not to be the highest paid player from his contract in the NFL, but from his contract+endorsement deals. Think about it, if this guy can continue to keep becoming someone everyone wants to see/hear then his face/mouth will equal advertising dollars not cap dollars. I hope this is what he is going after with all the trash talking because after all Seattle is the team that brought him in, and I'd think to a guy like Sherm that means everything. I guess we'll have to see how the next few years pan out, but I love this dude playing for Seattle and I would hate to see him leave, ever.
    McG
    NET Veteran

• Well we will see, when a player says it's not about the money you know it's all about the money. In Seattle we seen this a few times.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 am
  • LOL, Harvin throws the media under the bus for exaggerating the bad blood angle between him and the Vikings/Frazier. Seems like an up-front dude.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:03 am
  • I thought Sherman, like most NFL players, left Stanford (college) early before he graduated? Had he really graduated when he joined the NFl draft? Anyone know?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:I thought Sherman, like most NFL players, left Stanford (college) early before he graduated? Had he really graduated when he joined the NFl draft? Anyone know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sh ... n_football)#College_career

He graduated. Likely finished his degree to get his resume bright enough as a CB to be drafted; he did switch away from being a receiver after two seasons under Douchebaugh to get away from the man.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:I thought Sherman, like most NFL players, left Stanford (college) early before he graduated? Had he really graduated when he joined the NFl draft? Anyone know?

Sherm got a Bachelor's in Communications and used his last year of football eligibility to start work on a Master's.

Edit: Roland got to it first.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information