PFF Signature Stat: Drop Rate - Harvin 2nd best in 2012

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Didnt he have 80 targets by the week we faced them? I have been drinking and didnt check my info but if he only had 63 catch able on 80 targets.... Perhaps he will do well with a real qb...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sprfunk":jvtu88du said:
Didnt he have 80 targets by the week we faced them? I have been drinking and didnt check my info but if he only had 63 catch able on 80 targets.... Perhaps he will do well with a real qb...

Perhaps. Russel is much more decisive and quick. He doesn't ponder (pun intended).

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":111w8g15 said:
And I saw he ranked 3rd TOTAL in the entire league in YAC even though he missed 7 games. .. Upgrade? Yes. .

They just mentioned on Mike and Mike that his YAC total after 9 games last year was more than our entire receiving core combined during the entire season.

themunn

Reaction score
That's an interesting results page, that the "worst" 10 WRs include Wes Welker, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker & Demarius Thomas - ie. top flight receivers and/or receivers with elite quarterbacks.

Perhaps all it goes to show is that these guys are trusted by their QBs to make much more difficult catches and so the ball gets thrown to them in "catchable" space, but maybe not "easy to catch" space.

A lot different from Percy Harvin, whom my main criticism of is that he catches a lot of screen passes and is really more of a quick running back than a wide receiver

sutz

Reaction score
One thing about drops. In a pass happy offense, a few drops don't matter as much. If a receiver expects 15 targets a game, it doesn't hurt that much if he drops a couple, depending somewhat on circustances, of course.

In our offense, a receiver can't expect more than 4-5 targets a game. We run too much, and we have too many receivers out there to expect more. You'd better catch pretty much anything thrown your way, or your drop percentage starts to drift into the 20% range, which means the QB and coaches will not be planning to throw your way because they don't trust you.

We tolerated Darrell Jackson for years, and he dropped a lot of balls. But that was in Holmgren's ball control passing system, where we routinely threw 35-50 times a game. Currently, I doubt that Pete would tolerate the kind of drop rate that DJ had. We can't afford it.

If PH has good hands like that, he'll fit right in. He won't get 10-15 targets a game, but he won't drop 3 or 4 of them either. Looks like our whole team has pretty good hands.

kearly

Reaction score
Rice, Tate, Harvin, Miller lining up on most passing plays.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Turbin in the running game.

#1 defense from last year.

#2 special teams.

#1 in DVOA by a good margin.

I'm not going to predict 19-0, but I do think Seattle's got a very real chance at setting the points differential record next year.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
kearly":ktqh162t said:
Rice, Tate, Harvin, Miller lining up on most passing plays.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Turbin in the running game.

#1 defense from last year.

#2 special teams.

#1 in DVOA by a good margin.

I'm not going to predict 19-0, but I do think Seattle's got a very real chance at setting the points differential record next year.
(Sorry to not add to the thread topic but...) It was a few games last year where the D let us down in the closing seconds. Now that we have real chances to have 2+ score leads...it shouldn't be so much an issue anymore! :th2thumbs:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Harvin just adds another demension to an offense, and I'm glad he's on ours. We not only have one of the bet teams and rosters in the NFL but we have one of the most versitile teams, one who can play grind it out smashmouth ball, or one that can throw quick west coast passes, or take shots deep. Our defense is built to hit and can stuff the run with oversizeded DE Bg Red but built to speed rush with a 4.4 (40) Bruce Irvin.

All this flexabiity allows us to match up with any team, some teams are built in ways where they just don't match up well with certain teams, well that's not the seahawks, we can adjust to any style. Stop the Patriots passing or Niners smash mouth it doesn't matter they can do it.