harvin in relation to need for pass rushers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

niveky

Reaction score
The more and more I think about this trade.....and all the talk about how this will take the Seahawk offense to another level.....and someone combined that in their post about going after pass rushers....it got me thinking about Kearly talking about this being the deepest draft he's seen in years...aside from DE/DT being a couple of the few that are not that deep in talent this year.....aside from having a bunch of beast pass rushers, what would be the best way to get pressure on the qb......If your offense is a juggernaut and gets a big lead early....the other team is going to have no choice but to air it out....the Seahawks defense is already awesome...what do you think will happen when it can just potentially focus in on one aspect of a teams gameplan as each game unfolds. The defense gets to pin its ears back and even if they were not able to improve pass rush potential with new players, the ones they have will get to the quarterback more just because of the situations they could be put in potentially. Now, I don't believe for a second that the dl will not be upgraded this offseason....so if this carefully calculated move works....the defense is going to be scarier and the offense is going to obliterate opposing defenses week in and week out.....again and not for the last time football season needs to be here.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
You should trade 7 elipses for a new paragraph a couple late round commas :)

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2zhe3z1h said:

dude, normally i would agree...but news of this magnitude causes complete lack of grammatical structure and an instant and intensely garbled message as you barely keep yourself from going into a drooling stupor in which you stare emptily at the computer screen as you daydream about the wonderous NFL season to come.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
niveky":3qmfcwcw said:
SNDavidson":3qmfcwcw said:

dude, normally i would agree...but news of this magnitude causes complete lack of grammatical structure and an instant and intensely garbled message as you barely keep yourself from going into a drooling stupor in which you stare emptily at the computer screen as you daydream about the wonderous NFL season to come.

Lol....great response.

:th2thumbs:

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Harvin changes the game way more than a first round pass rusher in this draft can. the field position in the return game, home run threat from the line of scrimage, not to mention taking the top off the defense is somthing the seahawks have not been able to find in recent years. i would take Harvin over anyone in this years Free agent class he is by far the most dangerous weapon. The amount of respect the teams will have to show him coverage wise will only make things easier for Beast Mode to be unleashed on the league even more so than last year. I think this will only help the other recievers I could see Rice n Tate having big years becuase you cant cover everyone and play the run too I see alot of sleepless nights ahead for seattle's opponents.

sc85sis

Reaction score
There's some truth to this for sure. For a while now I've seen posts here mentioning that Pete doesn't blitz much, and all I kept thinking when reading those posts was how we used to blitz a fair amount at USC. Part of that was because we could afford to do so since the offense was extremely capable of putting points on the board.

Good defense helps your offense. The converse is also true.

edogg23

Reaction score
I agree. I have heard people whining on sports talk radio how this is a bad move because now the hawks can't spend big bucks on a fa pass rusher. What they fail to remember besides your point is that if the offense scores 5 more points a game that is the same effect on winning as the defense improving by 5 pts a game. We don't have to worry about stopping the opponent on the final drive if we are up by 10 instead of 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.