Seahawks in contact with Charles Woodson

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know Sherman was campaigning for it a week or two ago, and I know there was some speculation but it looks like its now official that we're at least interested. Along with the Jets, Dolphins and Giants.

I think it would be a good move. He could play CB at times but probably mostly play safety. Would really give us a ton of versatility in the defensive backfield. He would allow ET to play some nickel cb in some situations and allow Kam to play some linebacker in other nickel/dime situations.

ESPN's Josina Anderson cited league sources to report that Woodson's camp has been contacted by the Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Miami Dolphins and New York Giants.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

drdiags

Reaction score
Most say he is done as a CB. Safety is his most suitable role. But who knows? Maybe he comes in as a dime DB?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Woodson has been good his entire career, and like you said it would definitely give us more depth. I would happily welcome him to Seattle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I believe that story is a touch dated.. remember seeing it last week.. but pretty cool to see we're interested in Abraham, Woodson and Bryant.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":q2f3py5n said:
I believe that story is a touch dated.. remember seeing it last week.. but pretty cool to see we're interested in Abraham, Woodson and Bryant.

I dont know, it was in the "latest buzz" section of free agency on nfl.com. I know there's been a lot of speculation that he might be a target, but I believe the fact that we're actually in contact with him is new news.

But, of course, i might be wrong!