Smart or lucky?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Smart or lucky?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

During the offseason, in many posts, I voiced concerns over Wilson routinely buying time, only to find nothing open downfield. I've been wanting a Bush/Sproles/Tayvon type "waterbug" type player as Wilsons outlet. IMO, that was the best player type to compliment Wilsons play. Well, Percy Harvin is all those dudes, plus much, much, much more.

Was it dumb luck? Or, do I actually know football? Know enough that I've been posting about this for sometime and brought a few others on board.

Yeah, this is an arrogant post, so I apologize. The trades awesome in general. And, at least to me it feels awesome because at least in some respects my opinion has been validated.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Smart or lucky?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

During the offseason, in many posts, I voiced concerns over Wilson routinely buying time, only to find nothing open downfield. I've been wanting a Bush/Sproles/Tayvon type "waterbug" type player as Wilsons outlet. IMO, that was the best player type to compliment Wilsons play. Well, Percy Harvin is all those dudes, plus much, much, much more.

Was it dumb luck? Or, do I actually know football? Know enough that I've been posting about this for sometime and brought a few others on board.

Yeah, this is an arrogant post, so I apologize. The trades awesome in general. And, at least to me it feels awesome because at least in some respects my opinion has been validated.

DUM LUK!
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Oh Scott (e), I'll teach you someday.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 pm
  • Hopefully we don't have a new thread started by everyone that stated that they wanted us to upgrade at WR.........
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Hopefully we don't have a new thread started by everyone that stated that they wanted us to upgrade at WR.........

Okay, thats fair and deserving. I'm just giddy, we got the best waterbug type maybe ever.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Hopefully we don't have a new thread started by everyone that stated that they wanted us to upgrade at WR.........

Okay, thats fair and deserving. I'm just giddy, we got the best waterbug type maybe ever.

Glad you could take it for what it was and not get all bent out of shape about it :)

I simply couldn't resist.... :)
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm
  • I Love your arrogance Pe, and man, Ima happy camper here.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Did you make up the term 'waterbug' or is that a commonly used term?
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm
  • 6 years ago, we had the best pillbug in the game, now the best waterbug. Robbie Tobeck shit his pants, is he a stinkbug?
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm
  • Not dum luk Scott. Dim luk is closer.

pe is so full of it as usual. He's actually a pool player that knows little or nothing about football.

Sure has a good looking daughter tho.

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm
  • I hate waterbugs!

Good call though. I did a little bragging on facebook too. A year ago, when rumors started swirling around Harvin possibly not being happy in Minnesota (think it was around training camp), I posted that I thought he'd end up a Seahawk as Pete Carroll's prized "touchdown maker." I was off by a year but whatever.

I'm gonna go with smart here, just because everyone else is going to give you s*** and say dumb luck haha
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:6 years ago, we had the best pillbug in the game

Out of this redundant self promoting thread comes one of the best lines I have read on this board in a long time. Nice shot Mojo.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Where is "annoying" as a third option?

:D

GO ZAGS!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 pm
  • But do we still go after Moss is all I want to know? Oh wise and brilliant Vegas comic guy.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm
  • I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Yes, you were correct with your prognostication that every single other Seahawks fan already knew was a need; a serious threat at WR.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Yes, you were correct with your prognostication that every single other Seahawks fan already knew was a need; a serious threat at WR.

:th2thumbs:
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm
  • This just about evens up Pe's overdrawn credibility account for his Kelly Jennings love affair and his humping of Vince Young's leg.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Smart or Lucky? Christ, Pehawk, give yourself a little credit, you humble man. This was brilliance and you called it! I remember reading your original post on our needs for a waterbug, and I couldn't have agreed with it more. I will admit I was a little jealous that my cro magnon-sized brain couldn't have conceived it, but in my opinion, this is what seperates you from the usual riff-raff found on this site.

When the news broke this morning on Brock and Salk, I called my elderly father to give him the good news. "Dad," I exclaimed, "we got Percy Harvin!"

"That's great" he replied

"Just like Pehawk said, Daddy, just like Pehawk said!" I continued. "Well not specifically Harvin, but he is the ultimate waterbug!"

"What's a Pehawk?" the old man asked.

"He is Nostradamus-Louis CK-and Jeff Stryker all rolled into one and he posts his knowledge on Seahawks.NET," I explained.

"Oh, I read .NET, too," my dad explained. "I love that Jesterhawk. He keeps me laughing with all his side splitting humor."

"You are an idiot, you old man. And your wife has saggy knockers," and I hung up.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 pm
  • Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

We get it, you are still upset about Gus Bradley. :roll:
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

More "Boa Brilliance"
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Russell will be our OC next year. Bevell is a clipboard holder
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Did you make up the term 'waterbug' or is that a commonly used term?

Nice :mrgreen:... reminded me of the hawks at cards two years ago where Brian Billick's color commentator used the term "bang-bang play" and Brian says "bang-bang play? I'm not sure I've heard that term before, could you explain it for our audience?" unfortunately he was not joking :177692:

Oh..and congrats to PeHawk for his successful negotiations with the Vikings!
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Hawk Strap wrote:Smart or Lucky? Christ, Pehawk, give yourself a little credit, you humble man. This was brilliance and you called it! I remember reading your original post on our needs for a waterbug, and I couldn't have agreed with it more. I will admit I was a little jealous that my cro magnon-sized brain couldn't have conceived it, but in my opinion, this is what seperates you from the usual riff-raff found on this site.

When the news broke this morning on Brock and Salk, I called my elderly father to give him the good news. "Dad," I exclaimed, "we got Percy Harvin!"

"That's great" he replied

"Just like Pehawk said, Daddy, just like Pehawk said!" I continued. "Well not specifically Harvin, but he is the ultimate waterbug!"

"What's a Pehawk?" the old man asked.

"He is Nostradamus-Louis CK-and Jeff Stryker all rolled into one and he posts his knowledge on Seahawks.NET," I explained.

"Oh, I read .NET, too," my dad explained. "I love that Jesterhawk. He keeps me laughing with all his side splitting humor."

"You are an idiot, you old man. And your wife has saggy knockers," and I hung up.

Well in all sincerity HS be glad he didn't say Huggy rather jester.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

You call it arrogance, I call it winning!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm
  • I'm not gonna lie, Hawk Strap's dad sounds like a hell of a guy.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Or, I could've done it to get brilliant shots at my expense; Scott, Strap, Diags. Each of those comments had me laughing. Plus, get other funnies.

Yes, its common knowledge Hawks needed a WR.

But, IMO, with Wilsons game a Bush/Sproles in NO, Tayvon, Young Cribbs or Harvin was ideal. I posted about that alot in the NFL forum. IMO, that's the BEST possible offensive addition.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Unlike you, or 85% of other Seahawks fans, I dont care who the OC is, I just want to win.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:45 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

IMHO, Gus Bradley was the blackhole of the Hawks defense, I celebrated when he got the head coaching gig!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:14 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

Incorrect. On multiple fronts.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:

Whatever.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:

It was a joke. On multiple fronts.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 pm
  • They are not water bugs-They are water skimmers.

And, yes it was just dumb luck..........or not.

Congratulations anyway for thinkin' it.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:Incorrect. On multiple fronts.
    It was a joke. On multiple fronts.[/quote]
    And I scratched my arse and head in multiple places AT THE SAME TIME!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Yawn! Harvin is no Sean Dawkins, but we'll have to make due. 8-)
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information