UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
My biggest concern will be just how much we're going to have to be paying him next season, as he's a FA in 2014, and if that cost looks to be prohibitive, just how much draft capital we'd be looking to spend.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
YES! My number one want for this offseason. I'd gladly give up a 1st for him. He'd make our team so much better.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Why? I'd rather have Tavon, Steadman Baily, or Ryan Swope. If this is the case I hope they aren't offering a whole lot. No more than a third rounder or Matt Flynn at that point it makes sense. I hope he isn't a head case.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Schefter seems to think this will happen. Craziness

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
There are two things to focus on:

1) Pete Carroll LOVED Harvin coming out of high school.

2) Harvin is going to cost a lot. He is asking for Calvin Johnson type of money. That is a lot for a WR especially for a WR on our offense.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I would give up a 3rd rounder and Flynn for a one year rental of Harvin.

pinksheets

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":33hkw51b said:
2) Harvin is going to cost a lot. He is asking for Calvin Johnson type of money. That is a lot for a WR especially for a WR on our offense.
Except for all of that nonsense came from this quote:
"[Harvin] is a star player in our league, but I would imagine that he sees himself in the class of the top wide receivers in our league," the source said. "I do know at his production, when he was healthy, he was producing along with Larry and Calvin and those guys. I could see Harvin's agent making the argument that he deserves their type of pay."

So it's bullshoot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"AdamSchefter 10:48am via UberSocial for BlackBerry
And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode."

Sounds pretty damn promising

Reaction score
Am I the only one who kind of hopes that this happens but only on some sort of a one year rental sort of deal?? I was initially against it because of the prohibitive cost of the new contract that he wants but feel he it could work on a 1 year sort of deal. (I tend to think that his game is too similar to Tate's - he's obviously a better, quicker version, but think he could stretch the field a bit more). I'm not as big of a fan of this move if they want it to be long term - we need a taller burner type receiver more than another short, shifty guy for the long term.

pinksheets

Reaction score
QuickLightning":z59td9iy said:
I would expect the trade to be more expensive than Alex Smith.
Maybe, but it's just about impossible to compare a trade involving a quarterback that still has 2 years left on his deal to a trade involving a WR who does not want to play for his current team and walks in FA after the current season.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I bet this is for very low compensation. I would be shocked if they give up a 3rd rounder for a locker room "headache." Pun intended.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical - Per Glazer

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DONE DEAL FOLKS!

RT @JayGlazer: The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin physical

GhostHawk

Reaction score
If this trade takes place i can not see it being a one year rental sort of a trade. I see a 4 or 5 year deal in place before the trade happens. it will cost the team to much in my opinion not to have a deal in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.