Thunderhawk wrote:Deion Branch Trade 2.0
The similarities between the two acquisitions are eerie.
1) Production - has not produced like a true #1 WR. Look at the stats.
2) Injury Risk
4) Size - below average. Hawks needed to get bigger at WR.
5) Salary - wants #1 WR money even though he has not earned it.
Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.
Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.
1) I think PC may know who Reggie Bush is. I am pretty sure he beats ALL of us at determining Reggie Bush's value.....
2) While we may get a guy that sticks in the 7th round I don't see that as a real cost. That is just change doesn't matter. The 4th rounder is conditional so would mean we play him most of next year for sure so while he doesn't have to be great probably ok is enough to spend that. If he produces definately worth it
3) You can't just look at numbers. Go look at Ponder playing. At one point I saw some writers wanting Ponder to have two of the worst EVER passes in 2012 alone. He is not a good qb and Minnesota has not had a good qb for the duration of Percy's time on that team.