UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

Could also see asking Miller and Rice to restructure.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksRawk wrote:I think it may be for to much, Love the fact we are trying to get this guy.

But is it worth that much?

Easily worth it, are you going to find someone with this much talent at their given position like Harvin? I don't think so, its BEAUTIFUL!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Some defensive coordinators are gonna have nightmares!

Pick your poison! :thirishdrinkers:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

I'm thinking the same, though not sure about Miller and Rice restructuring.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• 1st round pick for Percy - ok
    7th round - we got that for Tarvaris who we would have cut so - ok
    4th round conditional - absolutely ok if conditions are right. Dude stays injury free and plays great then I am ok with that price. Dude doesn't play no 4th round pick..........

I still wished the trade was 1st round pick AND Flynn. would have made sense for both
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Experience in option offense? Check.
    Knows the offense from time with Bevell? Check.
    Young? Check.
    Makes the Hawks better immediately? Check.
    Playmaker? Check.
    Kick returner? Check.

So far, so good. The first day of the draft is going to be boring, though.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Wow.. this is EXCITING.

Find us a pass rush.... SUPERBOWL!!!

WELCOME TO SEATTLE..... PERCY!
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• Tweeted by Jason LaCanfora about 30 minutes ago...

For my money, Seattle GM John Schneider has been best in the biz the past 3 yrs - bold and aggressive and had reaped great value in deals
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• redhawk253 wrote:
    really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

You can kiss that thought good bye now

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!!!
    The Seahawk Domination is upon us!
    SeahawksRawk
    * #1 TOP SUPPORTER *
    * #1 TOP SUPPORTER *

• Didn't someone on here say they wanted to bring in a young WR that had the same work ethic as Russell Wilson to grow with him? How does Percy Harvin fit into that thought?
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

• mjwhitay wrote:My goodness, I love this deal! Wow. Percy Harvin is an elite talent in this league. Matching him with a talent like Wilson is a scary proposition for opposing defenses. I'd trade the 25th pick in the draft 100 times out of 100 times to acquire a one of a kind player like Percy Harvin.

Russell
    Beast Mode
    Percy
    Rice
    Tate
    Miller
    Insert pass catching TE here

Good luck, NFL.

sorry but tate is as good as gone.. him and percy are redundant.. baldwin is better suited at the slot spot and cheaper.
    I think we'll hear more about running up the score this year. What a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. I HEART Schneider and Carroll. HEART them.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• Imagine this guy running wide open when Wilson draws defenders up when scrambling, LORD JESUS!

We're droppin 40 burgers on EVERYONE
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Somewhere out there, Harbaugh is having a temper tantrum.....
    Last edited by Axx on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• redhawk253 wrote:its pending a contract negotiation and passing his physical...

you guys do realize this likely spells the end for tate (who is a poor mans harvin) and leon washington... i dont think i like it but i will wait til i see the actual contract numbers and whether we get a 2nd rounder back in the trade or what...

really woulda much rather went after wallace who woulda complimented our receiving core instead of getting percy who makes tate (one of our best up and comers who was huge for us last year.. and he is best friends with russell wilson.. them and their wives hang out all the time..) plus it means we are likely gona grab an aging vet to use as a bandaid on the d line...... really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

Tate isn't going anywhere, unless he flounders in Training camp. We'll have Tate and Rice on the outside and Harvin in the slot (my guess anyway). This moves everyone down a notch in the depth chart though, and you can pretty much bet the farm that Obamanu is as good as gone unless he restructures for a minimal contract (basically allowing him to compete for the final slot).

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• *Uses one hand to change pants, and the other to swat away niggling worries of future cap situation*

Go Hawks and go Harvin! I think?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Happypuppy wrote:I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

This could be goodbye to Leon though.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• DJrmb wrote:Didn't someone on here say they wanted to bring in a young WR that had the same work ethic as Russell Wilson to grow with him? How does Percy Harvin fit into that thought?

I think he got his money and will be happy. It is his #1 choice location , he knows the OC and Rice as well
    Last edited by Happypuppy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• redhawk253 wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...

You're right, we only need 2 WRs plus Baldwin :sarcasm_off:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• redhawk253 wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

Harvin played primarily in the slot. Tate is fine!
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Tate is an outside WR. Percy plays more out of the slot. If anyone is gone it's Baldwin.

Now we have:
    Percy Harvin - The most broken tackles in the league for WR and the 5th most YAC!
    Last edited by DJrmb on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

• kidhawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:its pending a contract negotiation and passing his physical...

you guys do realize this likely spells the end for tate (who is a poor mans harvin) and leon washington... i dont think i like it but i will wait til i see the actual contract numbers and whether we get a 2nd rounder back in the trade or what...

really woulda much rather went after wallace who woulda complimented our receiving core instead of getting percy who makes tate (one of our best up and comers who was huge for us last year.. and he is best friends with russell wilson.. them and their wives hang out all the time..) plus it means we are likely gona grab an aging vet to use as a bandaid on the d line...... really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

Tate isn't going anywhere, unless he flounders in Training camp. We'll have Tate and Rice on the outside and Harvin in the slot (my guess anyway). This moves everyone down a notch in the depth chart though, and you can pretty much bet the farm that Obamanu is as good as gone unless he restructures for a minimal contract (basically allowing him to compete for the final slot).

no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• Weird, had a ninner fan giving me crap this morning about how the ninners were going to get Harvin and how that would make them unstoppable on offense, if only I was psychic instead of psycho :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• sc85sis wrote:This could be goodbye to Leon though.

My thoughts exactly, you just beat me to the punch.
    mrdaija
    NET Bench Warmer

• redhawk253 wrote:no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..

Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Last edited by DJrmb on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

• Chukarhawk wrote:Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.

He missed 1 game his rookie season.

He missed 2 games his 2nd season.

Didn't miss a game in 2011.

An ankle injury (plus some friction with the HC, reportedly) landed him on IR last year.

So prior to 2012, he had played in 45 of a possible 48 games.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• harvin lines up everywhere.. go back and see how bevell used him in minny.. he lines up on the outside a lot and he has speed.. so they are gona use him on the edge to try and take the top off... why do you think tate sounds so pissed off in the quote that was instantly taken from him after the trade was announced.. even tate knows the deal.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..

Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying

how about you dont tell me what to do on the forums.. its kinda annoying.. i can hold multiple conversations with multiple people.. people like to be addressed specifically and not generally most of the time... so if you dont like it.. dont read my posts. giddeeeyaup
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• Just got up from a late night at work checked in with .net all I can say is yessssssss I'm freaking stoked!
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• sc85sis wrote:I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

You don't spend first, seventh and conditional fourth for a situational guy. He will be a #1 receiver lined up on most offensive possessions
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I'm so on the fence about this. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us =(
    I like a little...
    Science In My Fiction
    mech.romance
    NET Bench Warmer

• Deion Branch Trade 2.0

The similarities between the two acquisitions are eerie.

1) Production - has not produced like a true #1 WR. Look at the stats.
    2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent
    4) Size - below average. Hawks needed to get bigger at WR.
    5) Salary - wants #1 WR money even though he has not earned it.

Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

• My reaction:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• And Tate/Bladwin are still on their rookie deals correct? They're safe.

Nothing wrong with having 4 WR's.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Thunderhawk wrote:Deion Branch Trade 2.0

2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent

Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.

:34853_doh:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

You don't spend first, seventh and conditional fourth for a situational guy. He will be a #1 receiver lined up on most offensive possessions

yup.. there ya go.. someone with some sense.. with what we are giving up for him and have to assume we're paying him... its plain as day.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent

And the cheese stands alone.

You're the cheese. Stinky cheese.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent

Harvin is about as similar to Deion Branch as I am.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• volsunghawk wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.

He missed 1 game his rookie season.

He missed 2 games his 2nd season.

Didn't miss a game in 2011.

An ankle injury (plus some friction with the HC, reportedly) landed him on IR last year.

So prior to 2012, he had played in 45 of a possible 48 games.

Beat me to it. His migraines are a thing of the past also. Football players get injured. Ryan Mathews is an example of a guy that can't stay healthy. Percy Harvin sprained his ankle last year. Big whoop.

If you don't trust Pete and John by now, knowing what they know about this team, it's youth and it's window, then you shouldn't even bother being a fan, honestly. It will never be better to be a Hawks fan than it is right now.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

• redhawk253 wrote:

I don't understand this thought process at all... Green Bay has some "redundant" receivers, doesn't seem to be a problem there. Weapons are weapons. You see redundancy, I see versatility. We want our O line, linebackers and d lineman versatile, but receivers have to be slotted. You have to a slot guy, split end and flanker. Tate played outside and can play the slot, Harvin can do the same, even Sidney Rice played a little slot. There is a spot for Baldwin. Having too many weapons is a good problem.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• Sign M. Bennett or P. Kruger on D and color me estatic.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• BAllenHawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:

I don't understand this thought process at all... Green Bay has some "redundant" receivers, doesn't seem to be a problem there. Weapons are weapons. You see redundancy, I see versatility. We want our O line, linebackers and d lineman versatile, but receivers have to be slotted. You have to a slot guy, split end and flanker. Tate played outside and can play the slot, Harvin can do the same, even Sidney Rice played a little slot. There is a spot for Baldwin. Having too many weapons is a good problem.

Because apparently we are only allowed to have 2 starting WRs and 1 slot WR...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Strongly disagree with all the tate-hate... still think he's the best receiver on the team even with harvin
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

• BAllenHawk wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:

Redhawk doesn't seem to realize that we expect all of our WRs to be able to play every position.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent

1) I think PC may know who Reggie Bush is. I am pretty sure he beats ALL of us at determining Reggie Bush's value.....
    2) While we may get a guy that sticks in the 7th round I don't see that as a real cost. That is just change doesn't matter. The 4th rounder is conditional so would mean we play him most of next year for sure so while he doesn't have to be great probably ok is enough to spend that. If he produces definately worth it
    3) You can't just look at numbers. Go look at Ponder playing. At one point I saw some writers wanting Ponder to have two of the worst EVER passes in 2012 alone. He is not a good qb and Minnesota has not had a good qb for the duration of Percy's time on that team.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• So we gave up a first round pick for Harviin, is it this years 25th it probably is but i haven't heard for sure yet. It was a first round pick though says JC.
    Last edited by General Manager on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

True dat.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information