UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • If he told the coaching staff that Ponder is not good enough to be a qb and the coaching staff disagrees then all that says is that the whole coaching staff fails the eye exam portion of the physical we are going to give Percy.

It doesn't even say that Percy passes the eye exam.......
    Last edited by mikeak on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Greenhell wrote:
    vikesfan wrote:3. He has lead the league in broken tackles by a non RB every year he has been in the league. Meaning...he catches and makes the first guy miss.

Watching the YouTube Percy Harvin highlights, this guy slices through crowds of defenders like a hot knife through butter more than any other player I've ever seen.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    Ruminator
    NET Rookie

• ivotuk wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Thunderhawk wrote:Deion Branch Trade 2.0

The similarities between the two acquisitions are eerie.

1) Production - has not produced like a true #1 WR. Look at the stats.
    2) Injury Risk
    3) Malcontent
    4) Size - below average. Hawks needed to get bigger at WR.
    5) Salary - wants #1 WR money even though he has not earned it.

Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.

Deion Branch was made by NE's offense and Tom Brady. In Minnesota Harvin had Christian Ponder and Tarvaris Jackson throwing the ball to him. Bit of a difference there. Not to mention the fact that Harvin is 3 years younger than Branch was and a million times more explosive. The only similarities you got right are WR & 1st rounder pick.

Harvin had Brett Favre throwing to him. He also had the leagues best running back keeping the defensive backs honest.

When he played with Brett...he was a rookie and it was Rice that was the go to guy.
    Brett's 2nd season the team fell apart and Brett got hurt.
    He then played with McNabb and Ponder's rookie season and then last year Ponder's 2nd.

He has had 1 good season with a QB ( his Rookie) and in that season he has 700+ yards while sharing the ball with Rice (1300 9 tds) Peterson (1300 yards 18 tds) Shank our TE (11 tds). How do you compare that with Deion Branch and having Brady?
    vikesfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sounds like the WR's are looking forward to being a pain in the ass to the rest of the league, Rice has Harvins back and will help him here. We won't see the blow up that the Vikings had, in fact Rice had issues there as well and he's been pretty quiet here also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• As far as Austin goes, he is the same as Tate, he would have to learn how to really play WR, Tate is just beginning to get there, the two year OTJT is over as far as WR's goes. Austin may be a talent but we have a project in the works already.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Greenhell wrote:
    vikesfan wrote:Hello board,
    I really think this trade was a great trade for both teams.
    Some points I want to point out about Percy....
    1. The demise of his health is overstated. As it was pointed out he missed 3 games in 3 years. Last season he was expected to miss 1 game, had a blow up the week before and then he was placed on IR. The blow up was reportedly him telling the coach that Ponder is not good enough to be a starting QB (truth).
    of 4

2. He has never had a 1000 yard season but has been in the top 3 in total yards 3 out 4 years (last year only played 8 games)
    3. He has lead the league in broken tackles by a non RB every year he has been in the league. Meaning...he catches and makes the first guy miss.

4. He was an MVP candidate this season before being shut down.
    5. He had Ponder throwing the ball to him. The guy had about 6 games under 100 yards passing this season and several others where he was behind and just broke the 100 yard barrier. I.E. Harvin should explode. Don't be surprise if you see everyone's stats explode due to the stress he places on defenses.

Basically... both teams won. The 7th round is throw away.

Thanks for the heads up. How are other Vike fans and the Minnesota area responding to the trade?

Fans like getting the 1st because they felt we would get a 2nd for him. I thought it would be a 2014 1st.
    Honestly, I think there was a market for his services and the price equalled what he was worth. People are going to say Boldin for a 6th was good choice but where is the future in that trade? No new contract, and a WR who will be 33 next season. You guys just signed a 24 year old superstar. Did I mention that he could set the record for kick returns. I think he has 5 to Hester's 8 KRs. He has been doing it part time for us. He averaged 32 yards a return last season( i think) I believe he is the best returner in the game but we used him sparringly in this role.
    vikesfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• I love this move.It an aggressive win now type of trade.Signing a player like him will force the team to let others go in time but this is the type of player that you keep as a core member as long as you can.
    The price of the trade doesnt bother me at all.You dont have a chance to get a player like this very often.Low price to pay imo.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• One other fact that I haven't seen brought up yet in this thread. Arguably Seattle's biggest offensive weakness was YAC. The Seahawks were 30th in Yards After Catch-Team last year with 1361. Percy Harvin was 3rd in YAC-Individual in the NFL last year with 531. In 9 games.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Remember several short years ago, we were rolling with:

Julius Jones, Deion Branch, Burleson, TJ Housh and Carlson? Yikes.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... ard-TD-run

Which other WR in the league can do this?
    That's a WR running over a LB in the redzone to score.

Harvin has elite speed but he has the fastest acceleration in the league. Hands down. Other guys maybe faster but he hits 0-60 faster than anyone else.
    He also has RB strength at the WR position.
    vikesfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Ruminator wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:
    Axx wrote:Somewhere out there, Harbaugh is having a temper tantrum.....

Ha ha. That boy sho nuff is soiling hisself.

Looks like a temper-tantrum toddler in an adult's body.

Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
    Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

Niners!!! 4 Life! 2014 Division Champions... Already crownd.
    Last edited by SeaStar49 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SeaStar49
    NET Bench Warmer

• ^^^ says the raiders fan
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    Ruminator wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:Image

Ha ha. That boy sho nuff is soiling hisself.

Looks like a temper-tantrum toddler in an adult's body.

Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
    Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy Within 20 mins.

Niners!!! 4 Life! 2014 Division Champions... Already crownd.[/quote]

LOL.

Seattle - 42
    San Fran - 13

Bear in mind this was BEFORE acquiring one of the NFL's most electric playmakers. Have a nice day.

Signed,
    -Seattle
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• SeaStar49 wrote:Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
    Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy Within 20 mins.

Probably more likely that the 49ers were pursuiing the trade for harvin as well, as soon as it didnt work out they went to their back up plan. Imo, thats why the moves came so close together.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• SNDavidson wrote:^^^ says the raiders fan

Typical... Seattle fan can't read...
    SeaStar49
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'd be worried about my coach if he had no concerns about the team that absolutely thrashed my team in the last matchup, and I mean just thrashed, outclassed, in totally embarrassing fashion.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:^^^ says the raiders fan

No, its just that we know 49er fans were Raider fans until like 2 years ago.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:
    Sidney Rice ‏@sidneyrice
    Woke up to 60 plus text and 20 missed phone calls.. Thought the world was ending or something.. Then this… http://instagr.am/p/Wu8IRijYPX/

LOVE THIS!

That is by far the best thing I've seen this year. And I saw Russell Wilson single-handedly force the best comeback in playoff history in January
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• SeaStar49 wrote:

I think you should be worried about who is going to take the top off the defense. Randy only caught 50 balls but he kept a safety over the top. So mu question to you with Davis, Boldin and Crabtree all being the same type of player...Who is going to be the top off the defense guy and will AJ Jenkins ever play?

Also...his migraines were food induced. He cut out Gluten and he hasn't had and issue.
    Also, he is a better WR than crabtree. Different WRs but I rather have Harvin.
    vikesfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeaStar49 wrote:Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player

Hilarious. :lol:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    SeaStar49 wrote:Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.

Probably more likely that the 49ers were pursuiing the trade for harvin as well, as soon as it didnt work out they went to their back up plan. Imo, thats why the moves came so close together.

But why a number 1 pick? I think SF just baiting you into spending way more... Jim knew all along that Boldin would be cheaper. Just trying to make Seattle spend.
    SeaStar49
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    SeaStar49 wrote:Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.

But why a number 1 pick? I think SF just baiting you into spending way more... Jim knew all along that Boldin would be cheaper. Just trying to make Seattle spend.

Boldin's cheaper because he's 32 years old, well past his prime, winding down his career and will probably be in SF for a year. Harvin is more expensive because he's 24. Hasnt even yet reached his prime. Is already one of the top 2 or 3 play makers in the league. Will probably sign a 5 or 6 year deal to stay with Seattle through his prime.

Its not rocket science.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The fact that the 49ers are here bashing on the aquisition in itself tells me
    1, they are pissed that we pulled off the trade and grabbed him from them so they had to settle for a 6 million dollar possession receiver that blocks really well and is on a one and done deal.

2, they are concerned that we have improved already on a team that thrashed them on national TV and could do so again even worse.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    SeaStar49 wrote:Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player

Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Seattle fans at flat out delusional.
    SeaStar49
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

AJ Jenkins. lol
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• SeaStar49 wrote:

Typcal... Bandwagon fan doesn't get sarcasm...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    SeaStar49 wrote:Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player

Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Don't bother responding to the above twatwaffle...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• SeaStar49 wrote:

2PM: Junior hears about this in shop class.

2:45PM: Junior twisting his Bieber bangs in sweet, sweet anticipation of trolling 'Hawks.net.

3:00PM: Short bus picks up Junior.

3:30PM: Short bus delivers Junior.

3:45PM: Junior forgoes 4Chan "friendship club" to troll on 'Hawks.net.

5:00PM: Mom makes Kraft Mac & Cheese, celery sticks w/peanut butter and a Fred Flintstone vitamin.

5:01PM: Junior berates Mom for forgetting the Sunny D'.

5:10PM: Junior back on 'Hawks.net, delivering troll posts #3, 4 and 5.

8:00PM: Junior in footed PJ's, curling up to his Pillow Pet, feeling warm inside for "showing those guys" what is what.

8:01PM: Junior sprouts first pube.

Good night, Troll. Sleep tight, Troll. Eat scat, Troll.

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

Percy Harvin also embarrassed your team this year... with Christian Ponder throwing the ball to him.
    By my reckoning he missed 7 games this year (that's what happens when you face the Seahawks, just ask Vernon Davis how it feels to get hit by the 12.31 express). Before that he missed 3 games in 3 years.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• DohBoy wrote:
    SeaStar49 wrote:

2PM: Junior hears about this in shop class.

2:45PM: Junior twisting his Bieber bangs in sweet, sweet anticipation of trolling 'Hawks.net.

3:00PM: Short bus picks up Junior.

3:30PM: Short bus delivers Junior.

3:45PM: Junior forgoes 4Chan "friendship club" to troll on 'Hawks.net.

5:00PM: Mom makes Kraft Mac & Cheese, celery sticks w/peanut butter and a Fred Flintstone vitamin.

5:01PM: Junior berates Mom for forgetting the Sunny D'.

5:10PM: Junior back on 'Hawks.net, delivering troll posts #3, 4 and 5.

8:00PM: Junior in footed PJ's, curling up to his Pillow Pet, feeling warm inside for "showing those guys" what is what.

8:01PM: Junior sprouts first pube.

Good night, Troll. Sleep tight, Troll. Eat scat, Troll.

DohBoy

Bwahhahahahajajagajagajan
    WIN!!!
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• DohBoy wins the thread.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• vikesfan wrote:When GT is being called a MVP with a QB like Ponder at QB...call me.

Ha, Tate will never have to have a qb like ponder throw to him, because to receiver in their right minds would sign for a team with Ponder as their qb.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• RolandDeschain wrote:DohBoy wins the thread.

Absolutely. He has the typical Niner fan schedule down to a T.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• SeaStar49 wrote:Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Boldin embarrassed your team because your defensive backs rely on great pressure from your DEs, which results from Justin Smith eating double-teams every down. When he's out or in but not fully healthy, your DBs are mediocre. This is the situation with most teams. The Seahawks are a rare, and possibly the ONLY, exception to this. Our pass rush was bad most of the year, but our DBs still ball.

I'd say you're the one that doesn't know football, junior.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SeaStar49 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

Have you SEEN your secondary? Baltimore could have started a powderpuff girl and she would have embarrassed your team!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• JSeahawks wrote:

This.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm cautiously optimistic but feel we spent too much and that he is not worth Calvin or Fitzgerald money, not even close to it.

His production isn't all that great either, 24 TDs rushing and receiving in 4 years equals 6 TDs a year on average. 3302 yards receiving in 4 years which is a respectable 825 yards per year. 683 yards rushing over 4 years. Of course this doesn't include his kick returns. But still, not that great of numbers.

Then there is the injury history. He's built pretty solid but takes some big hits. But his injury troubles started in college where he had "Missed time in 2008 with ankle, hip pointer and tendonitis in his knee and heel." Add to that the migraines, a recurring ankle injury and it starts to worry me.

#25 overall could have gotten us someone like DeAndre Hopkins, Kawaan Short or Margus Hunt. And what if someone Jarvis Jones slips to #25? We will be kicking ourselves then.

I don't like the trade. If it had just been the 1st rounder and a decent contract, okay. But if we give him big money on a contract, I'm going to be really depressed.

The first thing I thought of when I heard this was Charlie Whitehurst. I just don't see where Percy Harvin is worth that kind of draft compensation and money when we desperately need help on the defense.

With a good defensive end last year, we would have beat Atlanta. With Percy, who knows. He might not have been healthy enough to play.

Too much to give up imho.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• :sarcasm_on: Look guys Boldin had 4 td passes in the regular season by the qb who is currently paid most in the whole league so clearly he is a major upgrade over Moss....

Don't tell the 49er fans but the future of the NFL is 30+ year old WR's. If they find out about this they are going to resign Moss to a 5 year deal and sign TO so keep this quiet :sarcasm_off:

Look Boldin next year is a good WR. There is no doubt about it. He will replace what you had with Moss at the end of the year and maybe just a tad more. That is it

Look at our team - Percy Harvin is a game changer. This is what many of us wanted and hoped for. Now we get a pass rusher and this will be fun........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• You do realize people consider Tate Harvin LITE right?
    Again... Tate is good....Harvin is spectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBC2tvLqmA0
    You can't keep up. Trust me.
    Think about it..... your GM and coaches see GT every day and still felt the difference between the two were worth of a 1st rounder and a huge contract. What does that say...cut it out :17:
    vikesfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeaStar49 wrote:Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
    Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

42-13
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

42-13
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

42-13

Yes, we all know that was your Super Bowl.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• NorCal wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

42-13

....so get used to it, what you saw was a preview . :)
    Last edited by Happypuppy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• NorCal wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

42-13

how did your superbowl go?

gifted a trip to the big show and you blew it...now you gotta face a better version of the team that schooled you to your worst defeat last year...I'd be a little pissy too :)
    flmmkrz
    NET Practice Squad

• SF was getting there asses handed to them before the Mysterious blackout and you LOST THE GAME.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• 49er fans are sooooooo insecure. Why are you even here? Don't you got your own things to discuss?
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information