Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • CalgaryHawk wrote:This doesn't factor in that what you are paying Harvin per year will be about 7-8 times what you pay the #23 pick, so you are really giving up the #23 pick and what other free agents the Hawks could get this year for 9 million or so. Plus, we know the Hawks ability to get a good player in the 4th round is worth much more than 2 spots in the first round.

I agree about not forgetting about the money. With that said

Lets put Harvin at $10 million per year

Kendall Wright WR went number 20 last year and signed four years $8.2 million so $2 / year
    AJ Jenkins signed number 30 last year WR and signed four years $7 million

So about five times what you pay a rookie

AJ Jenkins was active FOUR games for SF last year.......that is a draft pick and those things happen
    Wright - 64 catches 626 yards 4 TD's -- I would say he played pretty good especially on that offense
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Yes! Touchdown makers a plenty! This O will give defenses fits! Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Marshawn, Robinson and Wilson? That is an embarrassment of riches right there. And there’s also that DEFENSE. It’s almost not fair. I think they might score 100 points at some point next year. We might be the first team to have our entire offense and defense start in the pro bowl. With a few exceptions in the trenches, I think we have legitimate pro bowl caliber talent at every position on the field.

I'm totally giddy right now!
    FREE PEHAWK
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Just want to add a bit to this thread:

Percy Harvin is a gamebreaker. Great player. Can run out of the backfield, catch mini screens, run through the slot. and return. He makes this offense a lot, lot better.

he doesnt have an injury "history". He didnt have a migraine all 2012-2013. He did have the nasty ankle thing. But who knows how hurt he was, as the Vikes were dead set on jailing him.

He is not a malcontent. However, he does speak his mind. he was upset at contract negotiations earlier in 2011 and again in 2012 (hes on a rookie contract). He hated catching passes from Ponder and made it known. Thats not a problem if Wilson runs an effective offense. He just wants to win.

the only downside I see in this move is that we have to pay Sherman, Wilson and some other young stars in the near future. Alot will depend on what Harvin's contract looks like

**should preface this with I live in MN and hear all the opinions on Harvin from the locals, so I'm basing alot on what talk radio and local print and tv media give us**
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Boldin to 49ers.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• The 49er's just responded by trading the Ravens a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin

‏@AdamSchefter
    As @RavensInsider insider reported, WR Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick. WRs piling up in NFC West.
    Last edited by White Devil on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    White Devil
    NET Veteran

• So this is how it rolls over on 49er's Zone:

Whiner Nation: "This guy is a locker room cancer, he's going to destroy the 'Hawks cap space, he can't stay healthy, he's a prima donna. I hope he chokes out Carroll. F-Bomb. Howard Dean scream. Fire in the hole! Etc., etc., etc."

A reasonable reply by a 'Hawk fan (think Roland): "You cupcakes said the same crap about Beastmode. How's that worked out?"

Whiner Nation: <crickets>.

So enjoyable...
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• we will waive the retired status on the jersey #12 for Percy Harvin
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:we will waive the retired status on the jersey #12 for Percy Harvin

No.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Harvin gives a lot more than Tate, Tate is tougher, that's about it.

You can line Harvin up anywhere, slot, outside, in the backfield, he's one of the most multidimensional players in football. He can score from anywhere at anytime. That's what the Seahawks need, explosiveness.

This is a Win Now move, and I like it.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• He starts to hear rumors that the Seahawks are strongly pursuing Harvin:

but by his "bullcrap" you can tell he doesn't believe it.

He just found out Harvin is a Seahawk:

It actually hit him... HARVIN IS A SEAHAWK:
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• 49ers answer by trading for Anquan Boldin.
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie

• This is an awesome move for the following reasons

1. Leon is pretty much just a kick returner and he hasn't even really been doing that well lately, and turbin wasn't so much as a dissapointment as much as he was a regular rookie. Having percy gives us a real third down back. no more "WTF IS LEON DOING IN THERE ON 3RD AND 1!!?" moments, plus we don't lose too much on the kick/punt return department.

2. The yearly story that is Ben Obamanu barely squaking by in the preseason and earning his keep by doing some awesome special teams play may have come up a bit short this year. Granted it was due to injury but ben really didn't seem to have the fire he ususally does on the field. replace that with percy freaking harvin and you have two golden tates on the field at all times.

3. We basically picked up percy harvin with the number 25 pick. a proven reciever and not a rookie.

4. body wise he fits our reciever scheme perfectly, percy is built like a tank for a wr and can also block.

He gonna have to give up that jersey tho pimp...
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• So this was in the Boldin thread - not trying to confuse the issues so sticking to Percy Harvin in this thread

SeahawksFanForever wrote:
    @PFCentral: 49ers were second place in Harvin sweepstakes so this trade makes sense

So for those that don't like the Percy trade - does it impact your thoughts if in fact 49ers was second. I already posted to the same effect but this came out afterwards.

To me it does

now obviously not happy with Boldin to 49ers but I do think that the matchup of Sherman vs Boldin is more favorable to us vs Percy working the middle so overall I think the price for Harvin is worth it especially keeping him from SF
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• White Devil wrote:The 49er's just responded by trading the Ravens a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin

‏@AdamSchefter
    As @RavensInsider insider reported, WR Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick. WRs piling up in NFC West.

Yeah, Boldin is definitely an upgrade for them. They'll still be paying him plenty, too - $6 million for a one-year rental, unless they're working out a longer-term deal for him.

I know people are going to want to compare the draft pick compensation, but it should be noted that Harvin's in his prime at 24 years old while Boldin turns 33 in October.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Can't believe the whiners got Anquan Boldin for a sixth round pick unbelievable.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm sorry? Is missing 12 games, 20% of your career, suddenly statistically irrelevant? Would you concede that he has a statistically higher probability of injury than a guy like London Fletcher, whom has 237 straight starts. If so, then our disagreement is based solely on the term 'injury-risk'. To you missing 12 games in four seasons, being undersized, and having an history of migraines does not equate to injury risk while, to me, it does.

He's only missed 10 games...just sayin.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

• That's funny. They just got Boldin though for a 6th.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• Natethegreat wrote:Can't believe the whiners got Anquan Boldin for a sixth round pick unbelievable.

The Ravens were going to cut him. It was a 'better than nothing' deal.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Adrian Peterson‏@AdrianPeterson

"The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!"
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• LOL that's funny I wonder if the Boldin to 49ers deal was pure knee jerk reaction to Seattle's trade.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Lady Talon wrote:LOL that's funny I wonder if the Boldin to 49ers deal was pure knee jerk reaction to Seattle's trade.

No, the Niners had two receivers to replace this year.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• pcbball12 wrote:Adrian Peterson‏@AdrianPeterson

"The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!"

What does he know..............oh wait
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:Just want to add a bit to this thread:

Percy Harvin is a gamebreaker. Great player. Can run out of the backfield, catch mini screens, run through the slot. and return. He makes this offense a lot, lot better.

he doesnt have an injury "history". He didnt have a migraine all 2012-2013. He did have the nasty ankle thing. But who knows how hurt he was, as the Vikes were dead set on jailing him.

He is not a malcontent. However, he does speak his mind. he was upset at contract negotiations earlier in 2011 and again in 2012 (hes on a rookie contract). He hated catching passes from Ponder and made it known. Thats not a problem if Wilson runs an effective offense. He just wants to win.

the only downside I see in this move is that we have to pay Sherman, Wilson and some other young stars in the near future. Alot will depend on what Harvin's contract looks like

**should preface this with I live in MN and hear all the opinions on Harvin from the locals, so I'm basing alot on what talk radio and local print and tv media give us**

yes. Excellent POV. He isn't going to be the be all and end all of our offense, he's not going to be what makes us go... he's going to be what makes us go fast. It's like our offense is a Corvette. Corvette go real fast right from the factory, right? Well Percey Harvin is a nitro bottle in the trunk. Corvette go STUPID fast on Nitrous. If we run out of nitrous (percey gets hurt) well we still have a 500 horsepower V8 under the hood.
    FREE PEHAWK
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• volsunghawk wrote:
    White Devil wrote:The 49er's just responded by trading the Ravens a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin

‏@AdamSchefter

Yeah, Boldin is definitely an upgrade for them. They'll still be paying him plenty, too - $6 million for a one-year rental, unless they're working out a longer-term deal for him.

I know people are going to want to compare the draft pick compensation, but it should be noted that Harvin's in his prime at 24 years old while Boldin turns 33 in October.

Exactly. Bolding will be 33 this season and will be on the decline of his career while Harvin turns 25 before the season and is still a dynamic threat offensively.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• How much does it mean to AP?

What does Vegas think about it?

White Devil
    NET Veteran

• So uh, when does Boldin submit his retirement paperwork?

(I don't think he does...but that was the claim, right?).

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• pinksheets wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:Can't believe the whiners got Anquan Boldin for a sixth round pick unbelievable.

The Ravens were going to cut him. It was a 'better than nothing' deal.

Yeah I get the why but still frustrating though. Anquan Boldin is an excellent receiver. I do think that the Seahawks are better set up to defend him than most though.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• Weird that the niners traded for Boldin. He is an older, slower Crabtree. Granted, it was a sixth round pick, but without a deep threat they are pretty predictable in the passing game.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Adam Schefter just tweeted this...

Las Vegas already has established SF and SEA -- today's movers and shakers -- as co-favorites to win next Super Bowl.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:So this was in the Boldin thread - not trying to confuse the issues so sticking to Percy Harvin in this thread

SeahawksFanForever wrote:
    @PFCentral: 49ers were second place in Harvin sweepstakes so this trade makes sense

So for those that don't like the Percy trade - does it impact your thoughts if in fact 49ers was second. I already posted to the same effect but this came out afterwards.

To me it does

now obviously not happy with Boldin to 49ers but I do think that the matchup of Sherman vs Boldin is more favorable to us vs Percy working the middle so overall I think the price for Harvin is worth it especially keeping him from SF

I was against the idea of the trade when when talking hypothetically. I like our WRer corp and felt they would look to improve in the draft and not through a high priced acquisition like a Mike Wallace or Percy Harvin. You can't argue that this trade doesn't make us a better team next year. I am really curious what the contract is going to be.

Since we have him: IN PETE AND JOHN I TRUST.

I try not to worry too much about any of the other NFC West teams picking up big players and don't put much stock in a team going after a player solely so he doesn't end up on a rival's roster.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    * NET Moderator *

• Looks like an "Arms" buildup in the NFC West. This seasons going to be awesome.
    Eamon696
    NET Practice Squad

• Boldin is slow old and at the end of his career . Harvin is one of the best playmakers in the league and was talked about for MVP prior to injury and that's with Ponder throwing to him. Harvin Rice and Tate are now in the top 5 WR groups in the NFL.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• FANTASTIC TRADE.

Low value 1st rounder, 7th rounder and mid rounder next year for one of the best (if not best) all around football players in the league.

Hands, speed, route running, ability to get open. Remember all those times RW scrambled and no one worked to get open? Not going to happen with PH.

I expect a trade or big FA DE signing as well. This team is stacked if we simply get the same amount of production.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Today has made this offseason even more unbearably long...
    White Devil
    NET Veteran

• Excellent news.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• Thunderhawk wrote:I'm sorry? Is missing 12 games, 20% of your career, suddenly statistically irrelevant? Would you concede that he has a statistically higher probability of injury than a guy like London Fletcher, whom has 237 straight starts. If so, then our disagreement is based solely on the term 'injury-risk'. To you missing 12 games in four seasons, being undersized, and having an history of migraines does not equate to injury risk while, to me, it does.

Where did I say it was statistically irrelevant? As for "statistically higher probability", I am guessing you don't understand statistics or probability all that well, considering this statement. Past events do not influence future results. Our disagreement is not about the term "injury risk" it is about people over emphasizing his injury history. There is NOTHING in his past that is a red flag going forward, when it comes to missing games. He had ONE significant injury, that again most likely wasn't as serious as the Vikings made it out to be.

But ultimately this is not about the player it is about the DEAL. Injury history is critical information when NEGOTIATING appropriate compensation. If we were trying to trade Sidney Rice other teams would certainly low-ball us based on his injuries, not his talent. Therefore, when calculating appropriate compensation for Harvin, his mediocre productivity, his cap hit, his attitude and, yes, his injury history suggest to me he wasn't worth what we paid. You disagree. NBD...

No, it isn't. Your post was trying to call out mine because Rob did a little digging and found out what everyone else already knew: Harvin suffered from migraines and was questionable because of it a number of times. That is not some big reveal. On top of that, he has had the exact type of injuries that every skill player (most all NFL players to be honest) fingers, hamstrings, etc. None of those were serious injury that kept him from playing.

I am not going to argue with you about compensation. If you don't get that Harvin is worth the picks plus what we pay him, that is on you. But to say that he had MEDIOCRE productivity completely debases what ever argument or viewpoint you have here. So, yeah it isn't a big deal that we disagree, because you are clearly wrong.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• onanygivensunday wrote:Adam Schefter just tweeted this...

Las Vegas already has established SF and SEA -- today's movers and shakers -- as co-favorites to win next Super Bowl.

An hour ago I posted this on my Facebook:
    "Was planning on getting to Vegas and making a big futures bet on the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl next year, and now with the Harvin trade i'm for sure getting worse odds! They couldn't have waited a week to make the trade?!"
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• My only issue is what it's going to cost hopefully it's not a redunkulus amount.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• "The best all around player I've ever seen or you'll ever see goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!"

-Adrian Peterson on Twitter...more
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... ?mobile=no

"You have to really like what Seattle has done in the past two years,'' one veteran club personnel man told me recently. "They're going to do things their way and not worry about the public perception. They've really approached things in a unique fashion and forged a new identity for themselves. They didn't use a high draft pick to find a quarterback, and they're willing to draft players that they love, but that not everybody else does. You have to be impressed. They know what they want, and what they're doing.''
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Love the deal, other than salary cap implications over the next few years when we have to resign ET, Sherm, Kam, etc.

Russell Wilson with full season of experience under his belt and a full offseason with all of the #1 reps, throwing and handing off to Percy, Sidney, Tate, Lynch, or keeping the ball himself....

"You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:Adam Schefter just tweeted this...

Wow! Whoever comes out of the Thunderdome (NFC West) as the survivor is going to be the favorite to take it all.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• ??? Have you all forgotten that this kid missed like 5 games two yrs ago with so called migraines???...this is a bad move. Vikings are happy to move him because of locker room issues as per NFL Network. Throw in the yr of the migraines and not playing all of last year. Add to that the fact he is costing us first round pick, and finally add the fact that he is small, just like Baldwin and Tate. What we needed was a big tall speed guy to stretch the field. Not another small guy that is going to cost us way too much. This was a big mistake. Same thing i said yrs ago when we got Branch and everyone was happy with that one too. Look how that turned out. Seattle does not have a good history when it comes to bringing in FA Wr's....i will be curioous to see how this pans out and how it effects out team. What will happen to Baldwin and Washington...as Harvin can replace both of them. Lots of ????
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

• xCalibur wrote:??? Have you all forgotten that this kid missed like 5 games two yrs ago with so called migraines???...this is a bad move. Vikings are happy to move him because of locker room issues as per NFL Network. Throw in the yr of the migraines and not playing all of last year. Add to that the fact he is costing us first round pick, and finally add the fact that he is small, just like Baldwin and Tate. What we needed was a big tall speed guy to stretch the field. Not another small guy that is going to cost us way too much. This was a big mistake. Same thing i said yrs ago when we got Branch and everyone was happy with that one too. Look how that turned out. Seattle does not have a good history when it comes to bringing in FA Wr's....i will be curioous to see how this pans out and how it effects out team. What will happen to Baldwin and Washington...as Harvin can replace both of them. Lots of ????

Your post is full of wrong.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• xCalibur wrote:??? Have you all forgotten that this kid missed like 5 games two yrs ago with so called migraines???...this is a bad move. Vikings are happy to move him because of locker room issues as per NFL Network. Throw in the yr of the migraines and not playing all of last year. Add to that the fact he is costing us first round pick, and finally add the fact that he is small, just like Baldwin and Tate. What we needed was a big tall speed guy to stretch the field. Not another small guy that is going to cost us way too much. This was a big mistake. Same thing i said yrs ago when we got Branch and everyone was happy with that one too. Look how that turned out. Seattle does not have a good history when it comes to bringing in FA Wr's....i will be curioous to see how this pans out and how it effects out team. What will happen to Baldwin and Washington...as Harvin can replace both of them. Lots of ????

:34853_doh:

No need to provide accurate details or read the thread, right? Why would you.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• If I hear Branch's name one more time as a reference to Harvin I am going to throw up. Zero relevance. Would be the same as saying spending a 3rd rounder on Russell Wilson was stupid because 3rd round QB's never work out...look at David Greene!
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time

xCalibur wrote:and finally add the fact that he is small, just like Baldwin and Tate. What we needed was a big tall speed guy to stretch the field. Not another small guy

Your boy Largent was pretty small too huh?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• MLTHawk wrote:"The best all around player I've ever seen or you'll ever see goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!"

-Adrian Peterson on Twitter...more

Apparently he has never seen any of those guys we could have gotten at 25, because according to some fans all of them are better then Harvin. :sarcasm_off:
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yea, but if i recall Largent never cried abouot migraines and missed 20% of this games. I am not saying this is a bad move, i am saying i am worried. This kid is not the end of all wr's like some of yoou seem to think. Hell, to listen to some of these posts you would think we just signed a young Jerry Rice
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information