UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• BeastMode sighting

MarshawnLynch ‏@MoneyLynch
    @Percy_Harvin Let's do work bra bra
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.

As a diehard Toronto Blue Jays fan as well as a Hawks fan (lifer, not just a frontrunner now) I'll borrow a line from the Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos. He says that you want both teams to feel like they come away as winners from any trade because you want to continue to have a good working relationship with the other clubs in the league. If you're consistently ripping people off, people are going to stop doing business with you. Win/Win trades are what's best for everybody involved. This looks like one of those trades. In order to get, you have to give.

Great post Absolut. I agree 100%. I'm not the biggest fan of Percy Harvin the person, but as a football player he's dynamite. Let's hope that Pete works his magic with him and that the football gods bless his beat up, brittle body with a clean bill of health in the future.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:If you just took Percy away from the Vikes and threw him into the draft pool as he is, where do you think he goes in this draft?

Here's an interesting way to look at the value of the draft picks that we gave up for Harvin.

This year's 1st rounder is worth 720 points.

This year's 7th rounder is worth 4.6 points (approximately).

Next year's 4th rounder is worth this year's 5th rounder at 30.2 points.

Add them together and you get a total of 754.8 points, which is almost equivalent to pick #23 (760 points).

If Harvin were in this year's draft, he'd most certainly be drafted before pick #23.

I call that good value for the Hawks.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Gunner wrote:Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

With that being said, last season another player with known off the field issues was traded, so just want to throw this out there, would you rather have Harvin for what we have given up or Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders?

Yeah, but it's not everyday you're in the middle of a phonecall with Jeff Ireland and he strokes out. Hard to use that trade as a measuring stick.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:I'd imagine we'll see him lined up next to Russell Wilson in the shotgun formation for some read option.

Filthy.

*sploosh*
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I never would have guessed the Hawks would have made this move offensively. Russell Wilson is now Seattle football and just got a tool to make us an offensive powerhouse. I am thinking the defense isn't getting big money FA's now, will be interesting to see how the DL plays out. They must have some faith in Scruggs to do this trade.

The Seahawks made that fundamental shift from defensive minded to offensive minded. First name Russell last name Touchdown.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:I have faith in people being paid to know more then me, but isn't Percy Harvin essentially golden Tate with speed? Not that two gts would be a bad thing but I didn't think wr was a need.

Wasn't Harvin in MVP consideration/Talk before he got hurt here in Seattle last year? I'd say he's a bit more than Tate.
    Last edited by DynoHawk on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Harvin changes so many things for the opposing defense and makes our whole Offense better.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• Lady Talon wrote:I never would have guessed the Hawks would have made this move offensively. Russell Wilson is now Seattle football and just got a tool to make us an offensive powerhouse. I am thinking the defense isn't getting big money FA's now, will be interesting to see how the DL plays out. They must have some faith in Scruggs to do this trade.

... First name Dangeruss last name Touchdown.

Fixed.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I like the player and I like him as a Seahawk. I just don't know if I like the deal. I really saw a lot of Harvin in Golden Tate. Either way, he makes the offense even better regardless of the salary. You can look at it from the draft perspective, the Hawks were going to be looking at another WR somewhere. This way, they have one that can ball immediately and provide some seriously dangerous play out of the R/O on top of being just amazing after the catch.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• pinksheets wrote:
    Gunner wrote:Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

With that being said, last season another player with known off the field issues was traded, so just want to throw this out there, would you rather have Harvin for what we have given up or Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders?

Yeah, but it's not everyday you're in the middle of a phonecall with Jeff Ireland and he strokes out. Hard to use that trade as a measuring stick.

Very true, but it does sort of put the value were paying into perspective, as Marshall is more of a prototypical #1 wideout with crazy production, but with how our offense is now set up I can see Harvin, providing he stays healthy produce similarly.

Plus, our 3rd rounder sort of turned out to be an alright player as luck would have it!
    Gunner
    NET Bench Warmer

• Well, this sucks. Now there's no reason to watch the first day of the draft.

#firstworldproblems
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Lady Talon wrote:I never would have guessed the Hawks would have made this move offensively. Russell Wilson is now Seattle football and just got a tool to make us an offensive powerhouse. I am thinking the defense isn't getting big money FA's now, will be interesting to see how the DL plays out. They must have some faith in Scruggs to do this trade.

The Seahawks made that fundamental shift from defensive minded to offensive minded. First name Russell last name Touchdown.

I don't know that they shifted from one side of the ball to the other. I think they're trying to achieve strength on both sides of the ball, and this move helps accomplish that. And for the record, I don't think that a big money FA on D was ever going to happen even without the Harvin trade.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• From a comment in the Bleacher Report, article on it, here is the best summary of what the Vikings are losing:

Vikings now have 4 offensive plays:
    AP to the left
    AP in the middle
    AP to the right
    Ponder sack

If we were getting a low first rounder, a throwaway seventh rounder, and a mid-rounder next year for losing a star wide receiver in his prime, would we be happy about it? I think not. I think this place would be meltdown city, followed by a rash of ankle injuries at local hospitals from all the folks bailing off the bandwagon.

This trade is better for Seattle than it is for Minnesota, folks.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Kirwan says "I knew this is the guy they were looking for, that's why I slotted Tavon to them in my most recent mock"
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'd imagine we'll see him lined up next to Russell Wilson in the shotgun formation for some read option.

Filthy.

*sploosh*

Clean up on Aisle 3 please

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Well, this sucks. Now there's no reason to watch the first day of the draft.

#firstworldproblems

Not so fast. Knowing this front office, they're already lined up to trade back into the first round with another team. Probably Cleveland. And they'll probably get it for our first round pick next year and a Happy Meal.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:From a comment in the Bleacher Report, article on it, here is the best summary of what the Vikings are losing:

Vikings now have 4 offensive plays:
    AP to the left
    AP in the middle
    AP to the right
    Ponder sack

If we were getting a low first rounder, a throwaway seventh rounder, and a mid-rounder next year for losing a star wide receiver in his prime, would we be happy about it? I think not. I think this place would be meltdown city, followed by a rash of ankle injuries at local hospitals from all the folks bailing off the bandwagon.

This trade is better for Seattle than it is for Minnesota, folks.

Maybe, but they do have an extra 1st round pick to use on finding a good replacement receiver.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:I never would have guessed the Hawks would have made this move offensively. Russell Wilson is now Seattle football and just got a tool to make us an offensive powerhouse. I am thinking the defense isn't getting big money FA's now, will be interesting to see how the DL plays out. They must have some faith in Scruggs to do this trade.

... First name Dangeruss last name Soon To Be Super Bowl Champion.

Fixed.

Fixed again. :D

GO ZAGS!!!
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Well, this sucks. Now there's no reason to watch the first day of the draft.

#firstworldproblems

Does this mean I dont get to bitch this year about how they always cut to commercial during our pick?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• redhawk253 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    redhawk253 wrote:no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..

Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying

how about you dont tell me what to do on the forums.. its kinda annoying.. i can hold multiple conversations with multiple people.. people like to be addressed specifically and not generally most of the time... so if you dont like it.. dont read my posts. giddeeeyaup

Don't know if HF77 will take your advice, but I sure as hell will, I don't like reading nonsensical bs :141847_bnono: .
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Gunner wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Gunner wrote:Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

Very true, but it does sort of put the value were paying into perspective, as Marshall is more of a prototypical #1 wideout with crazy production, but with how our offense is now set up I can see Harvin, providing he stays healthy produce similarly.

Plus, our 3rd rounder sort of turned out to be an alright player as luck would have it!

Some other differences between Marshall and Harvin. Marshall's a more standard #1 WR... he doesn't have the versatility of Harvin. Don't get me wrong, Marshall can play his role REALLY damn well... but he's still a one-role kind of guy. Another thing is that Marshall has crazy good chemistry with Jay Cutler. I don't know that you would have seen those same results anywhere else.

Finally, while Harvin might be a bit of a diva, Marshall's a bit of a diva with documented mental issues.

I'll stick with the deal we got. :mrgreen:

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Is it August yet?! The Harvin news is great and all, but it's making the wait till next season more and more anticipated :180670: :3: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• I think this is the type of year where maybe they only want to add a few impact players. I could definitely see a trade to get back in the 1st.

Carroll said how hard he thought it would be for rookies this year to make the roster, so why waste draft picks on guys you might not be confident in making your team? Maximize your resources.
    Last edited by Hawkfan77 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• You're right. All of the sudden they just forgot how to run a team. You should really let them know the errors of their way and how they will destroy this team for trading for a true playmaker[/quote]

Did you even read what I posted? I never anywhere stated they destroyed this team. I also stated Percy is an exciting player and I get being excited about what he could add to the offense. I understand why they made the trade. I just think there were receivers in the draft for MUCH cheaper (and still lots of talent) that have not had attitude issues everywhere they have gone. Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• Natethegreat wrote:Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.

:34853_doh:
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• Thunderhawk wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

Being on the injury report and missing games are two different things.

Lynch was on the injury report every week.

So LOL at him being brittle. He hurt his ankle and was IR'd because of his butting heads with Frazier. The other three games he missed due to migraines, which if you've ever had a bad one.. you can attest they're pure hell. You cannot even move, much less play football. But apparently he doesn't suffer from these anymore.
    Last edited by Hasselbeck on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• He got hurt against Seattle last year.

Just making sure he avoids injury in the future.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• TheHawkster wrote:He got hurt against Seattle last year.

Just making sure he avoids injury in the future.

I guess as long as he's on our team, then he should be fine :mrgreen:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:

So LOL at him being brittle. He hurt his ankle and was IR'd because of his butting heads with Frazier. The other three games he missed due to migraines, which if you've ever had a bad one.. you can attest they're pure hell. You cannot even move, much less play football. But apparently he doesn't suffer from these anymore.

Well that's just great. Now BeastMode has a substantial injury history, thanks to you Hasselbeck. :x

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Natethegreat wrote:I just think there were receivers in the draft for MUCH cheaper (and still lots of talent) that have not had attitude issues everywhere they have gone. Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.

:lol:

WR's are the biggest crapshoot pick in the draft. Yeah one of them COULD be good, but very rarely do you get a lot of production out of a rookie. Look how long it took Tate to blossom.

Harvin is the real deal and you know what you're getting out of him. Basically we just drafted Percy Harvin at 25 and kicked the Vikings a 7th round pick for the trouble. I'll take that over some iffy DT/DE or WR that may or may not even see the field in 2013.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• volsunghawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:

Well that's just great. Now BeastMode has a substantial injury history, thanks to you Hasselbeck. :x

:D So perfect. I don't mean to belittle another person's opinion (ok, maybe I do a little bit) but the claims people are making about Harvin's health really are that absurd.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• Has anyone really zeroed in on the genius of this move? The Seahawks will be unstoppable on Madden now.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Here's a sampling of what the heads are saying throughout the Twitterverse:

Jim Rome (@jimrome) - "Percy Harvin to the Seattle?! Is he worth all the trouble? Hell yes. To Seattle he is. Great trade for the 'Hawks."

Skip Bayless (@realskipbayless) - "Great move by the Seahawks acquiring PercyHarvin. Gamebreaker. You'd better answer by trading for Revis, 49ers."

Rich Eisen (@richeisen) - "I'm just beginning to try and wrap my head around @DangeRussWilson, Marshwann Lynch and Percy Harvin in same offense. Wow."

Jeff Capellini (@greenlanternjet) - "@richeisen @DangeRussWilson Plus Tate, Rice and Miller. It's madness. #Seahawks"
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    CalgaryHawk wrote:Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")

That's a fine generality. How about OUR coaches? In 3 full seasons have we heard of a single incident that threatened the stability of this team or the locker room? Has there been anyone we offered a sizable contract to that has caused problems? If there is no precedent for it, why worry about it?

I'm going to celebrate the hell out of this day, then cue up a bunch of Percy's highlights, followed by RW, Tate, Rice, Lynch, & Miller highlights, and get even more crazy excited and wish even more that today was Sunday, week 1 of the 2013 NFL season!!!

It's a good point you make and I don't disagree with your general point. On the other hand, in the three years Carroll/John S. have been in charge, they have yet to offer a sizeable contract to someone with a reputation for being as big a malcontent like Harvin, so I think this is really our first test case. And we have had players with small contracts brought in who did cause problems and didn't listen to the coaching (L. White), so it's not as if the Seahawks coaches are somehow immune to this. The difference is that L. White and those guys didn't cost us anything, so they could be easily shipped out if they didn't buy in to Carroll's program.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Rookie

• A few points - I am for the trade so you are clear :)

1) For those against - what are your thoughts if SF had traded for Percy....... curious how you would have felt about that
    2) For those saying it is like trading a 23 round pick or trading up to fifth cheaply etc -- no it is not. You also spend the money that you don't on a rookie and this guy can re-negotiate whenever which a rookie can't. I like the deal but it is not the same. Also less risk I give you that
    3) Natethegreat is right - saying he is wrong just because the front office know what they are doing counters the use of an online forum.... I did do this in regards to Reggie Bush but it is different (in my mind) as PC coached Reggie for years

4) After the season towards the tail-end I would say there was an overall agreement on this forum. We need pass rusher and we need better Wide Receivers.

Based on number 4 alone - how can this be a bad deal? We got one of the two key improvements one that can make up for points allowed by the defense and it tells me that we are moving away from power-running football. Now we sign Abraham and get some more in the draft for the defense.
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:Has anyone really zeroed in on the genius of this move? The Seahawks will be unstoppable on Madden now.

Seattle doesn't get respect outside of the pnw.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• TheHawkster wrote:He got hurt against Seattle last year.

Who didn't get hurt against Seattle last year? #LegionofBoom
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SmokinHawk wrote:Here's a sampling of what the heads are saying throughout the Twitterverse:

Jim Rome (@jimrome) - "Percy Harvin to the Seattle?! Is he worth all the trouble? Hell yes. To Seattle he is. Great trade for the 'Hawks."

Skip Bayless (@realskipbayless) - "Great move by the Seahawks acquiring PercyHarvin. Gamebreaker. You'd better answer by trading for Revis, 49ers."

Rich Eisen (@richeisen) - "I'm just beginning to try and wrap my head around @DangeRussWilson, Marshwann Lynch and Percy Harvin in same offense. Wow."

Jeff Capellini (@greenlanternjet) - "@richeisen @DangeRussWilson Plus Tate, Rice and Miller. It's madness. #Seahawks"

Shit, Bayless loves the deal. We were fleeced!! :D
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Scottemojo wrote:Has anyone really zeroed in on the genius of this move? The Seahawks will be unstoppable on Madden now.

Second tweet down, #25 has ;)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149380/article/percy-harvin-trade-to-seahawks-sparks-twitter-buzz
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Just realized Percy went to high school in Chesapeake, VA, less than 2 hours from Richmond, where RW and MRob are from.

Harvin and Russell won state championships at the same time (2004, different leagues). I wonder if they ever played against each other in HS?
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I wonder if we trade McCoy now..........

Not cut - trade. Just saying we have lots of weapons now, McCoy had a good year last year and should have created some value maybe we take advantage and get something back........

No?
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:If you just took Percy away from the Vikes and threw him into the draft pool as he is, where do you think he goes in this draft?

Here's an interesting way to look at the value of the draft picks that we gave up for Harvin.

This year's 1st rounder is worth 720 points.

This year's 7th rounder is worth 4.6 points (approximately).

Next year's 4th rounder is worth this year's 5th rounder at 30.2 points.

Add them together and you get a total of 754.8 points, which is almost equivalent to pick #23 (760 points).

If Harvin were in this year's draft, he'd most certainly be drafted before pick #23.

I call that good value for the Hawks.

This doesn't factor in that what you are paying Harvin per year will be about 7-8 times what you pay the #23 pick, so you are really giving up the #23 pick and what other free agents the Hawks could get this year for 9 million or so. Plus, we know the Hawks ability to get a good player in the 4th round is worth much more than 2 spots in the first round.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Rookie

• Sidenote: It's almost a mortal lock that one Seahawks-Niners matchup winds up on NBC this year
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• He wore #1 in college, could look cool I suppose...
    Attachments
    HARVIN #1.jpg
    HARVIN #1.jpg (30.68 KiB) Viewed 744 times
    Handyman
    NET Bench Warmer

• He can't wear number 1.

I think we will see him rocking 82, but I think it'd be awesome to see him rocking the double ocho!

Cut Morrah now!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

Rob is so far off base here, it isn't even funny. Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. All that matters is missed games, that is it. So even with all the problems Rob wants to point out, he missed three games between 2009-2011. None in 2012 before his first significant injury. The migraines are under control, and everyone player gets nicked up and misses practice time. Anyone that considers this a problem, is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

PS - your observation wasn't ironic, and nothing Rob said disputes what I said.

I'm sorry? Is missing 12 games, 20% of your career, suddenly statistically irrelevant? Would you concede that he has a statistically higher probability of injury than a guy like London Fletcher, whom has 237 straight starts. If so, then our disagreement is based solely on the term 'injury-risk'. To you missing 12 games in four seasons, being undersized, and having an history of migraines does not equate to injury risk while, to me, it does.

But ultimately this is not about the player it is about the DEAL. Injury history is critical information when NEGOTIATING appropriate compensation. If we were trying to trade Sidney Rice other teams would certainly low-ball us based on his injuries, not his talent. Therefore, when calculating appropriate compensation for Harvin, his mediocre productivity, his cap hit, his attitude and, yes, his injury history suggest to me he wasn't worth what we paid. You disagree. NBD...
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

• Great new! Now all we need is Desmond Bryant at 3tech and either Osi, Freeney or some other quality DE and we are set!
    Last edited by kf3339 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?

Who thinks we lose to anyone last year with him in the line up? Maybe the 49ers at Candlestick.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information