UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • kidhawk wrote:As far as the draft picks go, you have to look at Harvin and the draft as what his value would be. Where would you pick a guy like this if he's available? He is likely to go top 5, and top 10 for sure. I basically figure we just paid a 7th rounder and a mid round next year to move up 15 -20 spots in the first round and in way you slice it, THAT is a good deal.


    That's a really great way of looking at it. Harvin's a massive talent, and we paid pennies to "move up" and grab him. Yeah, his contract is going to be massive, so there's a difference between him and a rookie talent. But he's also proven he can dominate in the NFL, and he's still young... we've got him for his prime.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8491
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

    "Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

    Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

    His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."



    Per Glen Peer‏@weekapaug009

    "Last week NFL radio, Amani Toomer and Alex Marvez I believe were talking Harvin's football IQ, and personality...both acknowledged he had attitude issues, but were out of being upset over the play calling/game planning...it's not he's just a head case...both called him..1 of smartest WRs in the game...the flare up with Frasier vs. Seattle-they said-was over a lack of AP touches in 2nd half, not his touches"
    Last edited by pcbball12 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pcbball12
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 390
    Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 am


  • Most of his sideline outbursts were reportedly due to him feeling like he was the only one giving his all out on the field. Who he wants to play with is the definition of our Seahawks.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1742
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • Lynch Mob wrote:Well if this goes thru the seahawks will have the most dynamic offense in the division if not the entire NFL but there will be some collateral damage in the form of players being cut in my opinion now and later. i can see them letting leon washington go for sure maybe sidney rice or golden tate so we will probably see one of our main weapons possibly getting the boot unless they take a big pay cut becuase they have alot of money on that side of the ball. But the offense is not like the defense were a big name big contract could mess up the dynamic of the unit i think but who knows, Harvin is young and his best days should be ahead of him. If the hawks do make this trade there a still plenty of picks and i think they shold be used more on the defensive side of the ball and still pick up richard seymour then I think its Super Bowl or bust for the seahawks.


    His contract, no matter how big, won't hurt our cap too much this year. These kinds of deals normally get huge signing bonuses and the first year is quite low salary wise. What will happen is it will give us a full year to be able to evaluate all our talent and see who's worth what at the end of next season before deciding on any cuts or restructures. The only person who is going to be a casualty on the offense due to their salary is Obamanu, and that was happening even without the Harvin signing
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14949
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • pcbball12 wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

    "Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

    Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

    His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."



    Per Glen Peer‏@weekapaug009

    "Last week NFL radio, Amani Toomer and Alex Marvez I believe were talking Harvin's football IQ, and personality...both acknowledged he had attitude issues, but were out of being upset over the play calling/game planning...it's not he's just a head case...both called him..1 of smartest WRs in the game...the flare up with Frasier vs. Seattle-they said-was over a lack of AP touches in 2nd half, not his touches"


    If that's true, the man will fit right in with this team. (And he was quite right, seeing as ADP was carrying the Vikings all year.) It also makes this the steal of the year.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15797
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Axx wrote:
    Thunderhawk wrote:2) Injury Risk



    He has only missed 3 games in his entire career.

    Also every player is "Injury Risk". We just dont look at it this way because the team was lucky in that department last season.

    I mean Clemons wasnt suppose to be at risk of injury and neither was Marshawn or big red.



    Actually, he's missed 9 games i believe. He missed 6 games last year with a sprained ankle.
    Image
    User avatar
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 775
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm


  • You can bet the rest of the division's butts are starting to pucker. In your face SF in your face.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • TheLargentLine wrote:Harvin has missed what, three games?

    He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

    This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis


    I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... rcy-harvin
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    User avatar
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 502
    Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

    "Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

    Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

    His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."

    After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 772
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • The last Vikings WR we picked up who had injury history concerns worked out pretty well once we got a real QB to throw to him. I'll be worried about Harvin when there's reason to be after he joins our team.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26928
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • The potential is amazing for this offense..can't wait to watch this team next season.

    User avatar
    White Devil
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 225
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm
    Location: Florida


  • Called it. Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harvin is the quintessential Pete Carroll offensive weapon/return man.
    Image
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    TheLargentLine wrote:Harvin has missed what, three games?

    He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

    This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis


    I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... rcy-harvin

    So before last season when he actually injured his ankle, he missed 3 games in 3 years. That's what people are talking about
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • pcbball12 wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

    "Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

    Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

    His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."



    Per Glen Peer‏@weekapaug009

    "Last week NFL radio, Amani Toomer and Alex Marvez I believe were talking Harvin's football IQ, and personality...both acknowledged he had attitude issues, but were out of being upset over the play calling/game planning...it's not he's just a head case...both called him..1 of smartest WRs in the game...the flare up with Frasier vs. Seattle-they said-was over a lack of AP touches in 2nd half, not his touches"

    That is really good to hear!
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7503
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Natethegreat wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

    "Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

    Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

    His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."

    After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

    Please explain how it's a "big if" for Harvin being healthy?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • If Harvin has a couple of great seasons, how long before he's holding out for even more money? The Hawks better pay him at least 12 million a season, or he'll be unhappy with his contract again as totally a "me first" player, not a team player. Unless he helps us win a Super Bowl in the next two years, I'm guessing the Hawks will regret this trade a couple of years from now. And is this guy going to listen to Russell Wilson and the coaches give him instruction? From what I hear, he doesn't listen to anybody in an authority position. I question this move by the Seahawks. Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:54 am


  • Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.



    Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

    Please explain how it's a "big if" for Harvin being healthy?


    It's not a big if. It's a small if. He has to pass a physical or there's no deal. He's supposedly on his way to seattle now for his physical and contract talks. We don't sign him or trade for him if he doesn't pass the physical. Future injury is ALWAYS a risk in the NFL, but I don't consider that a problem here, or you'd have to call it a problem with ALL deals
    Last edited by kidhawk on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14949
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    TheLargentLine wrote:Harvin has missed what, three games?

    He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

    This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis


    I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... rcy-harvin


    10 games in 4 years, and 7 of them were last season due to an ankle injury (which rumors suggest he could have returned from, but the situation between him and Frazier was deteriorating quickly, and he landed on IR).

    A Vikes fan on FG noted that the migraine issues Harvin had early in his career were eventually solved and he hasn't suffered from them in 2 years.

    Harvin's size means he gets banged up a bit, but last season was the only 1 of his 4 thus far where he missed significant time with an injury.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8491
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • kidhawk wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

    Please explain how it's a "big if" for Harvin being healthy?


    It's not a big if. It's a small if. He has to pass a physical or there's no deal. He's supposedly on his way to seattle now for his physical and contract talks. We don't sign him or trade for him if he doesn't pass the physical. Future injury is ALWAYS a risk in the NFL, but I don't consider that a problem here, or you'd have to call it a problem with ALL deals

    Exactly
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • What number will Percy be? #12 is retired!
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


  • So WR was the priority after all, it's the right call we needed to give Wilson a legit number one reciever Harvin's only like 24 years old we have him at his best for the next 4 years at least. No knock on Tate or Rice but Harvin is a notch above them in ability.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • Well, you know I read through this whole thread, nine pages so far, and only a couple of you mentioned what I'm most concerned about.

    I don't give a skinny rat's a$$ how much money he gets. the FO has always been good a juggling the books.

    I doubt Baldwin will be gone; I doubt Leon will be gone. Obo maybe, but he probably wouldn't make the cut this year anyway.

    What I am concerned about is Harvin's "primadonna" attitude. We don't need a cancer in the locker room. Hey, didn't we let ol' Housh walk away with a buttload of money just because he was such a pain in the arse? Same possibility here. And don't give me that jazz about "competitive", RW is competitive but he shows it by preparation and discipline, not by screaming at the coach. As good as this guy is, it may go South. Juct my two cents.
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    User avatar
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1108
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm


  • I get being excited about his potential for our offense I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 772
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • HawksFTW wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.



    Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.


    I find this post ironic based on:

    "There’s also a substantial injury history.

    In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."


    Props to Rob at SDB for the research.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    User avatar
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 502
    Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm


  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Thunderhawk wrote:
    TheLargentLine wrote:Harvin has missed what, three games?

    He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

    This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis


    I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... rcy-harvin


    10 games in 4 years, and 7 of them were last season due to an ankle injury (which rumors suggest he could have returned from, but the situation between him and Frazier was deteriorating quickly, and he landed on IR).

    A Vikes fan on FG noted that the migraine issues Harvin had early in his career were eventually solved and he hasn't suffered from them in 2 years.

    Harvin's size means he gets banged up a bit, but last season was the only 1 of his 4 thus far where he missed significant time with an injury.


    We all saw his injury against us too. His leg got rolled up on very awkwardly which can happen to anyone, at anytime. He still tried to play in the game but was kept out.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1742
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • How the hell do other teams gameplan for this offense now?
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1842
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


  • tdlabrie wrote:Well, you know I read through this whole thread, nine pages so far, and only a couple of you mentioned what I'm most concerned about.

    I don't give a skinny rat's a$$ how much money he gets. the FO has always been good a juggling the books.

    I doubt Baldwin will be gone; I doubt Leon will be gone. Obo maybe, but he probably wouldn't make the cut this year anyway.

    What I am concerned about is Harvin's "primadonna" attitude. We don't need a cancer in the locker room. Hey, didn't we let ol' Housh walk away with a buttload of money just because he was such a pain in the arse? Same possibility here. And don't give me that jazz about "competitive", RW is competitive but he shows it by preparation and discipline, not by screaming at the coach. As good as this guy is, it may go South. Juct my two cents.


    You don't think that Pete and John spoke to Bevell at length about his "attitude" before making the deal? You don't think they know what kind of man they are getting along with the talent? Harvin is known to be very vocal, but a lot of what I have heard about his brashness was about winning, not about himself.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14949
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • tdlabrie wrote:Well, you know I read through this whole thread, nine pages so far, and only a couple of you mentioned what I'm most concerned about.

    I don't give a skinny rat's a$$ how much money he gets. the FO has always been good a juggling the books.

    I doubt Baldwin will be gone; I doubt Leon will be gone. Obo maybe, but he probably wouldn't make the cut this year anyway.

    What I am concerned about is Harvin's "primadonna" attitude. We don't need a cancer in the locker room. Hey, didn't we let ol' Housh walk away with a buttload of money just because he was such a pain in the arse? Same possibility here. And don't give me that jazz about "competitive", RW is competitive but he shows it by preparation and discipline, not by screaming at the coach. As good as this guy is, it may go South. Juct my two cents.

    Harvin's antics have never leaked onto the field. Never. Dude plays balls out. Now, if he is douche in the locker room, that is a problem, but our team is not without leaders.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12018
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • razgriz737 wrote:How the hell do other teams gameplan for this offense now?


    Prayer.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18809
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • Natethegreat wrote:I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.

    Stop, just stop.

    The guys that made this deal know a lot more than you about the structure of this team and our cap situation.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.



    Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.


    I find this post ironic based on:

    "There’s also a substantial injury history.

    In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."


    Props to Rob at SDB for the research.


    Seriously? If you think Harvin is an injury issue, then you must be clamoring for us to be rid of that Rice fella huh?
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14949
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.



    Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.


    I find this post ironic based on:

    "There’s also a substantial injury history.

    In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."


    Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

    Cool, he's listed as questionable but almost always plays.

    Want to know who else is listed as questionable every week? The entire Patriots roster...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • CalgaryHawk wrote:Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")


    That's a fine generality. How about OUR coaches? In 3 full seasons have we heard of a single incident that threatened the stability of this team or the locker room? Has there been anyone we offered a sizable contract to that has caused problems? If there is no precedent for it, why worry about it?

    I'm going to celebrate the hell out of this day, then cue up a bunch of Percy's highlights, followed by RW, Tate, Rice, Lynch, & Miller highlights, and get even more crazy excited and wish even more that today was Sunday, week 1 of the 2013 NFL season!!!
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1647
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.



    Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.


    I find this post ironic based on:

    "There’s also a substantial injury history.

    In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."


    Props to Rob at SDB for the research.



    Rob is so far off base here, it isn't even funny. Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. All that matters is missed games, that is it. So even with all the problems Rob wants to point out, he missed three games between 2009-2011. None in 2012 before his first significant injury. The migraines are under control, and everyone player gets nicked up and misses practice time. Anyone that considers this a problem, is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

    PS - your observation wasn't ironic, and nothing Rob said disputes what I said.
    Last edited by HawksFTW on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


  • Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8848
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • Well were in this for the SB Rice and Tate were not enough in Pete and Johns opinion and i agree with them 100%. The only question is Harvins price tag. I'm not worried about any attitude issues he's on a winning team and a team on the rise he knows what it's all about. Ponder is a sinking ship so i can understand him wanting out of there.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • AbsolutNET wrote:Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.

    But there are other wide receivers whose name begins with a P that we could have easily picked up in the later rounds of this draft.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.

    Stop, just stop.

    The guys that made this deal know a lot more than you about the structure of this team and our cap situation.

    Oops sorry man didn't realize we weren't allowed to question anything Seahawks related on a message board. Thanks for putting me in my place. I know every move that Pete and JS have ever done in their life has worked out and was absolute genius.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 772
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12018
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Scottemojo wrote:Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?


    We might beat the Falcons, but I have a hard time seeing us beat the 49ers in San Fran with both Clemons and Miller out.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2268
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • love it great pick up.. he's a top reciever in this game, pay him.. let's go win some games...

    Harvin gets open, so now when RW is back there scrambling he will actually have a reciever get open to throw to.. and we all know what he can do once he catches the ball... YAC baby...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • AbsolutNET wrote:Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.

    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • The Outfield wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?


    We might beat the Falcons, but I have a hard time seeing us beat the 49ers in San Fran with both Clemons and Miller out.

    Why would Miller have been out? He came back and played vs ATL
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • I'd imagine we'll see him lined up next to Russell Wilson in the shotgun formation for some read option.

    Filthy.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18809
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • AbsolutNET wrote:Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.



    +1 he shoots and scores!
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1916
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


  • Natethegreat wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.

    Stop, just stop.

    The guys that made this deal know a lot more than you about the structure of this team and our cap situation.

    Oops sorry man didn't realize we weren't allowed to question anything Seahawks related on a message board. Thanks for putting me in my place. I know every move that Pete and JS have ever done in their life has worked out and was absolute genius.

    You're right. All of the sudden they just forgot how to run a team. You should really let them know the errors of their way and how they will destroy this team for trading for a true playmaker
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • I have faith in people being paid to know more then me, but isn't Percy Harvin essentially golden Tate with speed? Not that two gts would be a bad thing but I didn't think wr was a need.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1350
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?


    We might beat the Falcons, but I have a hard time seeing us beat the 49ers in San Fran with both Clemons and Miller out.

    Why would Miller have been out? He came back and played vs ATL


    He suffered a torn plantar fascia at the beginning of the ATL game but played through it due to painkillers. I don't think he'd be playing again a week later.
    Last edited by The Outfield on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2268
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

    With that being said, last season another player with known off the field issues was traded, so just want to throw this out there, would you rather have Harvin for what we have given up or Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders?
    User avatar
    Gunner
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:56 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information