Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 am
  • Will they both be back next season? What do you think? Which one is more likely to leave?

    Harvin is the best slot guy in the NFL. That would suggest Baldin is gone.

    Tate has the skillset of a poor man's Harvin that suggests Tate is gone.
    User avatar
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 965
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am
  • Both will be on the roster IMO.
    Image
    User avatar
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2932
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 am
  • It suggests to me that it's the end of Ben Obomanu and his 2.3 million contract next year.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3363
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 am
  • I like what Tate does after catching the ball. Never seems to quit
    User avatar
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 am
  • Tate's an outside receiver, Harvin is mainly a slot guy. Baldwin is still a very very very good possession guy though, I don't think anyone is gone, Baldwin & Tate are still on rookie contracts as well, its nothing to keep 'em.

    Obomanu though? he's gone.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19220
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 am
  • I'd say it's not the end of either of them...
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 am
  • Buh-bye Obo
    User avatar
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 am
  • Obomanu was gone regardless of the Harvin deal, imo. I don't think either Tate or Baldwin are gone. I do think Baldwin's playing time will be greatly effected though. Which I'm totally fine with
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 am
  • Neither. They're both on their rookie contracts. There's absolutely no reason to get rid of either.

    Its probably the end of Obamanu though.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18610
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 am
  • Baldwin can get a RFA tag next year, so why is he part of this question? And Tate is going to want paid. But by the end of this year he just could warrant a good payday too. Tag him if need be.

    Way too soon to start worrying about crap like this.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11269
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am
  • Basis4day wrote:It suggests to me that it's the end of Ben Obomanu and his 2.3 million contract next year.


    :13:

    Seriously, why does everyone assume the next best guy is gone? If anything I could see questioning Rice as his contract combined with Harvin's would be huge, but I think we can absorb them both for the time being. The only guy with a contract not worthy of what we are getting from him on the field is Obamanu. I expect he's the casualty here. He could restructure to a minimal contract, but would find himself fighting for the last spot on the bench at best
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14050
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am
  • I see Harvin replacing Obo. Harvin to slot alternating with Baldwin and Harvin alternating with Tate as a Wide.

    Look at the 49ers. If we have Tate Harvin and Rice in the play who will JH have to cover them?

    PC loves situational game play on D this makes opposing teams have nightmares on Offense.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1897
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 am
  • Yeah neither. Sucks more for Baldwin, but we know he's working hard. We gonna be explosiveeee.

    And Harvin's hurt a lot. Not like we need to shed a receiver.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 am
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see them one of them gone after this season. I think they are both here in 2013.

    I really like how much Golden Tate has improved, but he does seem to be a poor man's Percy Harvin. If Rice is determined to be too expensive by the F.O. next season (and has injury issues himself).. maybe we keep Tate and Harvin as starters???

    Tate and Wilson have developed an AMAZING chemistry late in the season. I still think Sidney Rice is too talented to just cut.. maybe trade bait?

    Baldwin underwelms me... I'd keep Tate/Harvin/Rice and let Baldwin go out of all of them.

    Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Hawksfanatik on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 am
  • Tate and Harvin on the field at the same time is what makes this addition work. Two guys who are playmakers after they catch the ball.

    the chemistry between wilson and tate is too good to mess with.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2809
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am
  • get somethin for tate while we can... he is now redundant as a poor mans harvin... plus we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes due...
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am
  • Hawksfanatik wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see them one of them gone after this season. I think they are both here in 2013.

    I really like how much Golden Tate has improved, but he does seem to be a poor man's Percy Harvin. If Rice is determined to be too expensive by the F.O. next season (and has injury issues himself).. maybe we keep Tate and Harvin as starters???

    Tate and Wilson have developed an AMAZING chemistry late in the season. I still think Sidney Rice is too talented to just cut.. maybe trade bait?

    Baldwin underwelms me... I'd keep Tate/Harvin/Rice and let Baldwin go out of all of them.

    Just my opinion though.


    baldwin is an amazing slot receiver.. but beyond that.. you have to look at contracts.. tate is on fire right now.. really showed out last season.. he is going to want a fairly good pay day when his contract comes up... with the future contracts we have i dont think we will be able to afford him...
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am
  • I'm a little worried about what this means for Tate considering this is the last year of his contract, maybe they're planning on getting someone to replace Rice next year then move part of his money to Tate. HOpefully :p
    User avatar
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am
  • Ono for sure and possibly Leon are gone, I would think.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am
  • Don't teams usually get rid of their LEAST valuable players when cut time comes around?

    Y'all sound like they cut from the top. Tate and Baldwin ain't goin' nowhere. Review the depth charts.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1340
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:15 am
  • With his improve production last year, Golden Tate is going to want to get paid. How much, who knows for sure. But I can tell you for certain, he's going to want more than most of us think he's worth. I remember having the conversation with some friends during the season as to whether or not you re-sign Tate when his deal is up. Most agreed that they wouldn't mind having him back. But that his improved stats playing with Wilson would probably make him want too much for what he's truly worth. With Harvin on board, no way I see the Hawks re-signing Tate. We just got a better version of him.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4641
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Neither. They're both on their rookie contracts. There's absolutely no reason to get rid of either.

    Its probably the end of Obamanu though.


    Yep.

    And if Tate and Baldwin want to earn big paydays when their deals are up, they will have to prove it on the field.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3054
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:21 am
  • Harvin, Rice and Baldwin come with injury concerns. It would be foolish to get rid of any of the top-level depth at receiver. Keeping the four best WRs ensures that Seattle isn't put in a rough spot if anyone goes down. All four are on the roster next year, and I guarantee that depth is going to be crucial for Seattle at some point in the season.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am
  • I don't see either leaving. I think Obama-nu is outta here though. Not sure about Leon though. 50/50 in my mind.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1351
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:Harvin, Rice and Baldwin come with injury concerns. It would be foolish to get rid of any of the top-level depth at receiver. Keeping the four best WRs ensures that Seattle isn't put in a rough spot if anyone goes down. All four are on the roster next year, and I guarantee that depth is going to be crucial for Seattle at some point in the season.

    :13: we should be covered at WR now, but I'll bet PC and JS still use a mid to late round pick on another one,...
    User avatar
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2089
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm
    Location: Kenmore WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am
  • I think we all agree that Obo is gone. However keep in mind that Obo was one of our best special teams players and will have to be replaced. You aren't going to put your starting WR's out there on Special teams to get hurt making tackles so that means the WR's you keep as backups need to be assets on Special teams. That doesn't bode well for Baldwin.

    Rice
    Harvin
    Tate
    Kearse
    Bates
    Williams
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 185
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am
  • You have to have more than 3 WR's and you need depth. Baldwin was hurt last year and didn't really get going to late and he costs us next to nothing. I don't see Baldwin or Tate being in trouble.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 539
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:32 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 pm
  • After this season, I expect one of Baldwin or Tate to be gone. Tate seems more valuable and plays outside while Harvin plays more inside possibly leaving Baldwin as the odd man out
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2494
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:10 pm
  • Davis Hsu made a good point on Twitter. The team still doesn't have that BIG tall wr threat that they like. Maybe they could add one in the draft. But who knows. Adding Harvin to a group that includes guys like Tate and Baldwin makes for a rather small wr corps. Who knows what they do this year. But I really can't see Harvin, Tate, and Baldwin as 3 of your top 4 wr's for too long. Be it this year or the next, I think we should expect to see the team add a wr that is a bit different than they guys they currently have.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4641
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Baldwin can get a RFA tag next year, so why is he part of this question? And Tate is going to want paid. But by the end of this year he just could warrant a good payday too. Tag him if need be.

    Way too soon to start worrying about crap like this.


    I imagine Seattle will place a 2nd round RFA tag on Baldwin next year and hope a team steps up to help them recoup that mid rounder from the Harvin trade.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11236
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:With his improve production last year, Golden Tate is going to want to get paid. How much, who knows for sure. But I can tell you for certain, he's going to want more than most of us think he's worth. I remember having the conversation with some friends during the season as to whether or not you re-sign Tate when his deal is up. Most agreed that they wouldn't mind having him back. But that his improved stats playing with Wilson would probably make him want too much for what he's truly worth. With Harvin on board, no way I see the Hawks re-signing Tate. We just got a better version of him.


    If Seattle made this trade to upgrade over Tate, I'd hate it with a passion. You can have both Tate and Harvin on the field at the same time very easily. I also don't expect Tate to cost much money to retain.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11236
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Baldwin can get a RFA tag next year, so why is he part of this question? And Tate is going to want paid. But by the end of this year he just could warrant a good payday too. Tag him if need be.

    Way too soon to start worrying about crap like this.


    I imagine Seattle will place a 2nd round RFA tag on Baldwin next year and hope a team steps up to help them recoup that mid rounder from the Harvin trade.


    Tate is going to be a restricted free agent as well I believe? Or will he be unrestricted? He'll be 4 years into his career, dont you need 5 to be unrestricted?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18610
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:05 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Baldwin can get a RFA tag next year, so why is he part of this question? And Tate is going to want paid. But by the end of this year he just could warrant a good payday too. Tag him if need be.

    Way too soon to start worrying about crap like this.


    I imagine Seattle will place a 2nd round RFA tag on Baldwin next year and hope a team steps up to help them recoup that mid rounder from the Harvin trade.


    Tate is going to be a restricted free agent as well I believe? Or will he be unrestricted? He'll be 4 years into his career, dont you need 5 to be unrestricted?

    4. Tate will be unrestricted if not tagged. UDFA (Baldwin) are on 3 year deals, so end up restricted for that 4th year.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11269
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm
  • I don't think Ben Obomanu or Charly Martin will be on the roster next year.

    Locks: Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin
    On The Bubble: Jermaine Kearse, Phil Bates, Stephen Williams
    BattleOfSeattle
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:59 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Put me down for neither. I don't know why everyone's saying stuff like this. Why get rid of your best talent. I think the FO figures this out without dropping any starters. It would reduce Harvins overall value to dump talent just because he signed.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 438
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Rice is more likely to be a casualty than Tate, who IMO ended the year as our number 1 receiver
    but I don't think either would be cut. We needed to add receivers. After Tate, Baldwin and Rice who do we have? Jermaine Kearse, Charlie Martin and Ben Obomanu. Washington is more likely to be a casualty than the receivers, with Harvin either taking over return duty or splitting it with Tate. That affords us an extra receiver or running back (or, what i reckon is most likely, another tight end).

    I'm looking forward to the greatest show on fieldturf
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2521
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Both will be on the team.

    Why would we want to go and weaken a position that we just shored up? Crazy talk.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:01 pm
  • Tate and Baldwin are in jeopardy. Either or both could be gone. The WR class is very thick this year so this move doesn't preclude them from still getting a Swope, etc in the draft. Plenty of decent receivers.

    IMO, Obomanu was gone even before this trade occurred. He wouldn't have made it past training camp. Now he'll be gone before it (possibly by mini-camp).
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3814
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Both will be on the team.

    Why would we want to go and weaken a position that we just shored up? Crazy talk.


    You weaken the position by keeping too many of the same type of player. There are 3 different WR spots. With 3 different responsibilities and ideal attributes. You can't just keep all slot guys...

    It's crazy talk to think that you can just throw a slot WR out as a flanker and be fine.

    People realize there is a difference between a SS and a FS. You wouldn't play Kam Chancellor in Earls role. Well same with WR...
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 185
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 pm
  • No. It will make both better.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 pm
  • I think both stay, but Tate has more playing time. Tate has made great strives and never quits. So long as he continues to develop, I hope he stays here a long time.

    This is about making the offense all the more dangerous.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 am


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm
  • redhawk253 wrote:get somethin for tate while we can... he is now redundant as a poor mans harvin... plus we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes due...


    A 4th round pick at best. No thanks, keep him and let's make a Super Bowl run this year. Our WR depth was not all that great this year after our top 3, Charly Martin, Braylon Edwards, Jermaine Kearse none of those guys was particularly impressive.

    Keep all 4, if Tate walks after this season that's fine. I bet we'd get a nice compensatory pick for him.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:I think we all agree that Obo is gone. However keep in mind that Obo was one of our best special teams players and will have to be replaced. You aren't going to put your starting WR's out there on Special teams to get hurt making tackles so that means the WR's you keep as backups need to be assets on Special teams. That doesn't bode well for Baldwin.

    Rice
    Harvin
    Tate
    Kearse
    Bates
    Williams


    Are you kidding, Baldwin is a stud receiver. Kearse hasn't shown any ability to consistently get open and catch the ball. Your #4 WR is primarily a receiver, the #5 guy is the special teamer.

    Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin. Kearse/Martin battle it out as the ST guy.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:After this season, I expect one of Baldwin or Tate to be gone. Tate seems more valuable and plays outside while Harvin plays more inside possibly leaving Baldwin as the odd man out


    Baldwin is a RFA meaning they can give him a 1.5 million dollar second-round tender. Why would you get rid of him?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:I think we all agree that Obo is gone. However keep in mind that Obo was one of our best special teams players and will have to be replaced. You aren't going to put your starting WR's out there on Special teams to get hurt making tackles so that means the WR's you keep as backups need to be assets on Special teams. That doesn't bode well for Baldwin.

    Rice
    Harvin
    Tate
    Kearse
    Bates
    Williams


    Are you kidding, Baldwin is a stud receiver. Kearse hasn't shown any ability to consistently get open and catch the ball. Your #4 WR is primarily a receiver, the #5 guy is the special teamer.

    Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin. Kearse/Martin battle it out as the ST guy.


    who's Martin? We still got Ruvell?
    User avatar
    w00t
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 929
    Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am
    Location: WA


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:Davis Hsu made a good point on Twitter. The team still doesn't have that BIG tall wr threat that they like. Maybe they could add one in the draft. But who knows. Adding Harvin to a group that includes guys like Tate and Baldwin makes for a rather small wr corps. Who knows what they do this year. But I really can't see Harvin, Tate, and Baldwin as 3 of your top 4 wr's for too long. Be it this year or the next, I think we should expect to see the team add a wr that is a bit different than they guys they currently have.


    Rice is 6'4" how do we not have that big tall WR that we like?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:38 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Both will be on the team.

    Why would we want to go and weaken a position that we just shored up? Crazy talk.


    You weaken the position by keeping too many of the same type of player. There are 3 different WR spots. With 3 different responsibilities and ideal attributes. You can't just keep all slot guys...

    It's crazy talk to think that you can just throw a slot WR out as a flanker and be fine.

    People realize there is a difference between a SS and a FS. You wouldn't play Kam Chancellor in Earls role. Well same with WR...


    Tate is an outside receiver, Rice is an outside receiver.

    Harvin and Baldwin are slot guys, how is that too many of the same player?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:41 pm
  • ^ ah shoot i forgot bout Charly lol
    User avatar
    w00t
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 929
    Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am
    Location: WA


Next


It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information