Is this the end of Tate or Baldwin?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Will they both be back next season? What do you think? Which one is more likely to leave?

Harvin is the best slot guy in the NFL. That would suggest Baldin is gone.

Tate has the skillset of a poor man's Harvin that suggests Tate is gone.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It suggests to me that it's the end of Ben Obomanu and his 2.3 million contract next year.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I like what Tate does after catching the ball. Never seems to quit

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tate's an outside receiver, Harvin is mainly a slot guy. Baldwin is still a very very very good possession guy though, I don't think anyone is gone, Baldwin & Tate are still on rookie contracts as well, its nothing to keep 'em.

Obomanu though? he's gone.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Obomanu was gone regardless of the Harvin deal, imo. I don't think either Tate or Baldwin are gone. I do think Baldwin's playing time will be greatly effected though. Which I'm totally fine with

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Neither. They're both on their rookie contracts. There's absolutely no reason to get rid of either.

Its probably the end of Obamanu though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Baldwin can get a RFA tag next year, so why is he part of this question? And Tate is going to want paid. But by the end of this year he just could warrant a good payday too. Tag him if need be.

Way too soon to start worrying about crap like this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":21qhb4gf said:
It suggests to me that it's the end of Ben Obomanu and his 2.3 million contract next year.

:13:

Seriously, why does everyone assume the next best guy is gone? If anything I could see questioning Rice as his contract combined with Harvin's would be huge, but I think we can absorb them both for the time being. The only guy with a contract not worthy of what we are getting from him on the field is Obamanu. I expect he's the casualty here. He could restructure to a minimal contract, but would find himself fighting for the last spot on the bench at best

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I see Harvin replacing Obo. Harvin to slot alternating with Baldwin and Harvin alternating with Tate as a Wide.

Look at the 49ers. If we have Tate Harvin and Rice in the play who will JH have to cover them?

PC loves situational game play on D this makes opposing teams have nightmares on Offense.

JKent82

Reaction score
Yeah neither. Sucks more for Baldwin, but we know he's working hard. We gonna be explosiveeee.

And Harvin's hurt a lot. Not like we need to shed a receiver.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see them one of them gone after this season. I think they are both here in 2013.

I really like how much Golden Tate has improved, but he does seem to be a poor man's Percy Harvin. If Rice is determined to be too expensive by the F.O. next season (and has injury issues himself).. maybe we keep Tate and Harvin as starters???

Tate and Wilson have developed an AMAZING chemistry late in the season. I still think Sidney Rice is too talented to just cut.. maybe trade bait?

Baldwin underwelms me... I'd keep Tate/Harvin/Rice and let Baldwin go out of all of them.

Just my opinion though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tate and Harvin on the field at the same time is what makes this addition work. Two guys who are playmakers after they catch the ball.

the chemistry between wilson and tate is too good to mess with.

redhawk253

Reaction score
get somethin for tate while we can... he is now redundant as a poor mans harvin... plus we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes due...

redhawk253

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1hdewzxh said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them one of them gone after this season. I think they are both here in 2013.

I really like how much Golden Tate has improved, but he does seem to be a poor man's Percy Harvin. If Rice is determined to be too expensive by the F.O. next season (and has injury issues himself).. maybe we keep Tate and Harvin as starters???

Tate and Wilson have developed an AMAZING chemistry late in the season. I still think Sidney Rice is too talented to just cut.. maybe trade bait?

Baldwin underwelms me... I'd keep Tate/Harvin/Rice and let Baldwin go out of all of them.

Just my opinion though.

baldwin is an amazing slot receiver.. but beyond that.. you have to look at contracts.. tate is on fire right now.. really showed out last season.. he is going to want a fairly good pay day when his contract comes up... with the future contracts we have i dont think we will be able to afford him...

ErikG803

Reaction score
I'm a little worried about what this means for Tate considering this is the last year of his contract, maybe they're planning on getting someone to replace Rice next year then move part of his money to Tate. HOpefully :p