Greg Jennings?

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I searched but didn't see anything about Jennings. I know he is starting to get up there in years and has been hit by the injury bug the last 2 years(especially last year) but is he a guy any of you would be interested in signing? How cheap would he have to come to be worth it? Looking at his last contract it looks like he was making about 6 mil a year as it counts towards the cap. Seeing how he missed 3 games 2 years ago and a bunch last year I can't imagine his value is all that high. If healthy he could be a true #1 that catches 70 balls for 1000+ yards and has 10 TD's or so. That "if" is pretty big though. Was he just a product of the green bay system and having one of the best QBs in the NFL? I don't even know what his injury was. Is it something that he should be able to recover from or something that sounds like could be a chronic problem? Schneider was the GM in GB when they drafted him wasn't he? There is that connection. With his recent injury problems is he a guy that could be had for 3 million a year or so on a 3 year deal? IS that realistic? Would you approve a contract like that for him?

Maybe it isn't worth taking the risk on him because the draft seems to be so deep with solid WRs although there doesn't seem to be many if any elite receivers.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hey, I'm all for any FA to come in and compete and contribute as long as the terms and price is right.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought kearly did a write up on Jennings and how he might make sense for the Seahawks, given the right circumstances. Couldn't find it. Perhaps someone more attuned to our search function could find it? Didn't work for me.

:229031_shrug:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Would love this signing.. hoping the market on him is a bit cool and we might be able to steal him away for a little bit of a bargain (especially since guys like Brandon Gibson and Brian Hartline might get $6M/yr each).

But the draft has a lot of nice options at WR, so we could always go that route too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He had an audition for us in week 3. He didn't step up all that well. Even took a bit of an ass whippin.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3aqyb703 said:
He had an audition for us in week 3. He didn't step up all that well. Even took a bit of an ass whippin.

So did Calvin Johnson, does that mean you'd pass on him if he were available?

Not saying Jennings is Calvin, but our D made a lot of good WR's look pretty average at best.

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3m3tymum said:
Scottemojo":3m3tymum said:

Not saying Jennings is Calvin, but our D made a lot of good WR's look pretty average at best.
This, plus practicing against our guys every day/week would be a plus, too.

;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mlsfvqp said:
Scottemojo":3mlsfvqp said:

I was being trite. I deserved to be called on it.
Jennings is coming off a season where his bad wheels really hurt him, wrong side of 30, and wants a big payday. He is just an average blocker.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ikqd8ho said:
Hasselbeck":2ikqd8ho said:
Scottemojo":2ikqd8ho said:

I was being trite. I deserved to be called on it.
Jennings is coming off a season where his bad wheels really hurt him, wrong side of 30, and wants a big payday. He is just an average blocker.

Exactly why I hope his market is a little cool and we can snatch him up at a lower price. Seems like something this FO would do.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2k0u330y said:
Scottemojo":2k0u330y said:

Yeah, but at least Calvin didn't let this happen to him...

And do we REALLY want to have to read about Jennings' sister bashing Russell Wilson on Twitter? If he was unhappy with his role in Green Bay, how unhappy would he be here with a quarterback and offensive coordinator that WANT to spread the ball around as much as possible, to as many targets as possible. He doesn't like playing physical, hates being jammed, and is an uninspiring blocker. Doesn't sound like a Pete Carroll WR to me.

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I read that he was looking for $10mil+ a year. That doesn't mean he will get it, but you can bet he is out for as big a payday as possible considering his age. I don't think an ultra high priced vet like Jennings is the kind of player the Hawks need

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like a $6-$8M dollar WR who is rumored to want $11-$14M. Miller would have to go to give Jennings the money he wants and as a 30 yr old probably doesn't rate.

If his demands are able to come in at Rice's range, sure, give him a call. Miller and Rice will need to re-structure next year anyway or be cut is my guess just looking at the cap numbers they carry.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NYCoug":t7n8f91n said:
Hasselbeck":t7n8f91n said:
Scottemojo":t7n8f91n said:

Yeah, but at least Calvin didn't let this happen to him...

And do we REALLY want to have to read about Jennings' sister bashing Russell Wilson on Twitter? If he was unhappy with his role in Green Bay, how unhappy would he be here with a quarterback and offensive coordinator that WANT to spread the ball around as much as possible, to as many targets as possible. He doesn't like playing physical, hates being jammed, and is an uninspiring blocker. Doesn't sound like a Pete Carroll WR to me.

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]
That is the ass whippin I was talking about.
I loved it when the announcer said he doesn't like to be touched. lulz.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I don't know what's funnier Scott.

a) Browner abusing Jennings
b) Jennings throwing a weak left handed shove as the refs try and separate the two
c) the announcer saying he doesn't like to be touched
d) Jennings acting like he's going to give Browner the business after the refs/teammates had already separated them

This clip alone makes me never want to see Greg Jennings in a Hawks uniform. That and all the s****y commercials he's in. I know, I know... completely irrational reasons to not want him as a Hawk, but hey, what can I say.