Cullen Jenkins Signs with Giants

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • kearly wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Anything that lets us go BPA this year. That's how to find us a superstar at DT instead of a "need pick" forced into the role.


    I hate BPA as a term. It oversimplifies the whole process. Not picking on you at all, but thinking like this caused us to sign Housh for big bucks and draft Curry for big bucks over Michael Crabtree.

    Also, a 32 year old player wouldn't change Seattle's draft plans. DT is looking relatively thin this year- Seattle needs to grab one very early if they want a good one. WR and TE can definitely wait til later. Both are very deep groups. Seattle would probably need to go DT in round one if they wanted to assure themselves any of the three best options (Short, Richardson, Jones).

    Sadly, the NFL is catching on to Seattle's valuation methods and our types of players will be going much earlier than usual in this draft.


    I disagree Kearly, they may be able to see a type but making it work will be a different story. I was one of those that was knocking Pete on his Rah Rah style, now after seeing it I don't think it's Rah Rah but one of opportunity and positive reinforcement. Vey few teams will open the competition up like we do. That will itself cause failurs of teams tryijng to do what we do. Pete speaks it, lives it, and executes it. Most teams front offices won't have the vision that John and Pete share, most staffs won't feel comfortable putting a high priced vet on the bench if a rookie is playing better and is a lower round pick.

    That type of commitment to a philosophy is what makes Seattles system work. The player types are those that fits Petes system and his coaches also, other systems may not look at the same skill set Pete looks at when he and staff grade players. Wilson and Irvins success brought the spotlight on us since most experts thought they were not impact players.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 9789
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • There are quite a few DTs I like in this draft and IMO it would be a waste not to take advantage this year. I'd like to replace McDonald in the draft as well.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • vin.couve12 wrote: I'd like to replace McDonald in the draft as well.


    Definitely! It is no mystery that our defense seems to take a step back when McDonald is in. The funny thing is that he is still better than Jennings.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2031
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:......Vey few teams will open the competition up like we do. That will itself cause failurs of teams tryijng to do what we do. Pete speaks it, lives it, and executes it. Most teams front offices won't have the vision that John and Pete share, most staffs won't feel comfortable putting a high priced vet on the bench if a rookie is playing better and is a lower round pick.

    That type of commitment to a philosophy is what makes Seattles system work. The player types are those that fits Petes system and his coaches also, other systems may not look at the same skill set Pete looks at when he and staff grade players. Wilson and Irvins success brought the spotlight on us since most experts thought they were not impact players.


    Agree 100%. How many other teams would've put Flynn on the bench and started RW last year? Probably one, Hardouche and the Whiners (Crapperneck over Smith as proof he'd do it). Otherwise playing it safe is what nearly all franchises do. Good post man.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10772
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote: I'd like to replace McDonald in the draft as well.


    Definitely! It is no mystery that our defense seems to take a step back when McDonald is in. The funny thing is that he is still better than Jennings.


    Wasn't McDonald the backup to Jones in pass rush situations? Somewhat makes sense that you would have a drop-off when you don't have your 1st stringer.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2950
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • Basis4day wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote: I'd like to replace McDonald in the draft as well.


    Definitely! It is no mystery that our defense seems to take a step back when McDonald is in. The funny thing is that he is still better than Jennings.


    Wasn't McDonald the backup to Jones in pass rush situations? Somewhat makes sense that you would have a drop-off when you don't have your 1st stringer.



    I believe that was Scruggs. McDonald gave Mebane a breather if I remember correctly.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2031
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • Monday 2pm any news update on his visit?
    Brahn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 610
    Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am


  • Another sunny day in Seattle. 8)
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    User avatar
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2072
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


  • Ian Rapoport of NFL.com passes along word that the visit with Seattle went well on Monday, and that in addition to checking in with the Niners while he's in the Bay Area, he'll also spend some time with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday. Quite efficient.
    Brahn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 610
    Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am


  • I'd love a signing like this. Like someone said above, it offers insurance and flexibility in the draft. The front office wouldn't be forced into drafting the first DT on their board (ignoring other higher-rated, BPA needs).

    Even with a signing like this, they are still going to draft a DT early in the draft, but they can do so in the 2nd or 3rd instead of having to do it in the first.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2033
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


  • Yeah, Jenkins would be a solid addition on a shorter term deal. It's nice that he's not just a "situational guy" too. He provides some pass rush and can collapse the pocket on passing plays but he is also known as a very capable run stuffer as well. I just hope the price is right.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


Cullen Jenkins Signs with Giants
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:31 pm

  • Didn't see him going to the Giants. Thought he was going to return to Green Bay. Guess not. He just signed for 3 years, $8M, $3M guaranteed.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9101
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Cullen Jenkins Signs with Giants
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm
  • So I wonder how that sets the market for Richard Seymore or Dez Bryant. Probably more of what Seymore can expcet as Byrant is younger and due a bigger paycheck. I'm really starting to think we need to open the checkbook for Bryant. If we can get Bryant and an old DE like Abraham, Osi, or Freeney we will have done plenty to make me happy.

    I hope we Sign Dez Bryant for about a 5 year 35 Mil and I'd be ecstatic. (Mebane 5y $25m/Red Byrant 5y $35m)
    Then add an old DE for $2-$4m per for either 1 or 2 years and I'd be happy.

    I expect next year for Big Red, Zach Miller, and Sidney Rice to restructure or get cut, this will allow for us to resign some of the young core guys. No way all 3 of those guy see the amount due to them, there will be more cap space than we are projecting next year, so opening the checkbook to solidify our DT position this off-season with a guy like Dez Bryant would be a big move I could get behind.

    Paying big money for Mike Wallace or Cliff Avril I would not be good with.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2122
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Next


It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information