Cullen Jenkins Signs with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexHawk

Reaction score
According to Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Eagles DL Cullen Jenkins, who visited Giants on Friday, is scheduled to visit Seahawks on Monday and 49ers on Tuesday.

Apologies if this has been posted earlier or if I have missed it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Don't apologize dude - this is the only original news post we've had in about 2 weeks!

Largent80

Reaction score
So, what about the dude?....Can he ball or what, I don't know anything about him.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
If we signed Jenkins we'd truly be in position to go BPA in the draft. If he's open to signing a reasonable contract I hope JS gets this done.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
32 years old. 39 career sacks as a DT. 6'2", 305 lbs. Released by Philly because he wasnt living up to his big contract. Wouldnt be bad as a rotational player but I wouldnt want him as a starter at this point in his career.

Rat

Reaction score
The Packers version of Cullen Jenkins is exactly what we need here. I haven't followed him since he went to Philly, so I can't say much about his time there.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it is a smart move, If we can add a DT and DE in Free agency it will allow us a lot of freedom draft wise. We could still go DL but it would only be if we got great value. As it stands we are desperate for DL and would likely be having to reach to get somebody.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind btinging him in to compete at all. No one played well in Philly. Can't blame him entirely.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm not super familiar with him. Is he a pocket collapser like Melton or a space eater like Branch?

McGruff

Reaction score
More like Melton than Branch. He's a guy who can get 4-6 sacks a year and collapse the pocket, creating opportunities for others. Older, but productive.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm all for anything we can do in free agency that prevents us from having to use our #1 pick on a defensive linemen for the second straight year.

The offense needs some love in round 1, for once.

Largent80

Reaction score
WR please, or prolific T.E. in the draft early on, lets get a playmaker for the O. Decent DL can be had later on in this 2013 draft.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Jenkins is the type of player we need. Someone who can provide inside pressure and collapse the pocket but also who can move around a bit on the line. I'll never understand the people thinking we need another leo... I guess maybe they see we need pass rush and think leo is the only position that can do it?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'll always dislike signing defensive players in their 30's, its fairly risky. But, he would be a nice rotational guy and again add total flexibility come draft day. Although, the Seahawks do what they please on draft day anyways.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I expect it to be Ruud type contract. He has to make the team and show he can contribute.
One of the things I hope they address with the players they bring in are adding high motor guys. Some games and plays it was pretty obvious players were for some reason taking plays off. The 1st AZ game, the 1st St L. Game as well as Detroit.

NYCoug

Reaction score
A good friend of mine is a Packers fan and always loved Cullen Jenkins, so I'd support a Jenkins signing just for the fact of being able to crush my friend's spirit alone. For real though, I've always liked Jenkins' game. He's one of those "non-stop motor" type players, kind of a poor man's Sheldon Richardson with regards to his ability to make plays most DT's won't down the field, and he can spell Red at the 5 tech on occasion. As part of a rotation, Jenkins is just the kind of guy you want to have.

I wouldn't like it much at all if he ended up in San Francisco. Depends on what kind of money he's looking for, I guess. Schneider's definitely familiar with the guy, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.