should the hawks swap Branch with Seymour ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
i think Richard Seymour would be a good stop gap upgrade over Branch with his versatility and toughness against the run and pass. probably just for one season but possibly enough to put us over the top and get us close to a super bowl run while still being able develop talent without alot of pressure for them to produce now. even though Branch was tough against the run we need a more athletic 3 tech against the pass which showed up when jason jones was healthy n able to fill the role during passing downs and i think seymour even at his age is a good blend of size and speed and that is what the hawks need in their defensive line rotation.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
No, they should swap Branch for the Raiders' other UFA DT - Desmond Bryant - who is the better all-around player at this stage as he is in the early-prime of his career.

scifly

Reaction score
Or better yet, sign Branch and Desmond and cut the underperforming Red Bryant.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":15qnnn1h said:
No, they should swap Branch for the Raiders' other UFA DT - Desmond Bryant - who is the better all-around player at this stage as he is in the early-prime of his career.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree here, as If indeed Pete and John do bring in a vet or two, I really don't see them over loading the roster with old bulls while keeping the young and hungry on the side lines.
If there are some players that just don't seem to be able to make the grade, I might be wrong, but think PC and JS will attempt to find the solution with this draft, as I just don't see them taking anyone from the FA for a one Year fix.
I think they're in it for the Long Haul?,,,, Continuety?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
scifly":2m980deu said:
Or better yet, sign Branch and Desmond and cut the underperforming Red Bryant.
I lol'ed at that

(And yes I did just type "lol'ed" :D )

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
my thinking was desmond bryant is gonna want a lil more money and anything more than a short term cap friendly deal (like what seymour would have to take) i don't think would work for the seahawks with their upcoming free agents. Also there is the possibility that it could affect the locker room everyone we have paid has earned their stripes with the team and it is kind of a team philosophy i think. we have talent on the roster all ready and just needs a little more time to develop in my opinion.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think that is a move we may well see. I am assuming we are drafting a DT as well. The D as a whole is pretty young and I think they would benefit from a couple older players. Like the DB from GB...