John Abraham on his way to visit Seahawks

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If healthy, he'd be a decent stopgap signing. Certainly has a better chance of going to a Super Bowl with us than Choke-lanta.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just sign Freeney, Abraham, Woodson and Desmond Bryant. Then trade for Revis and Dez Bryant. We are in.

Did I miss anyone? Life is good.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. Bring Randy Moss in. :stirthepot:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I seem to remember that we were trying to trade for him last time. It was down to either us or ATlanta and we lost out.

Another good, solid veteran addition if the price is right that would help give flexibility in the draft.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This would be a good move. He had a great year last year and if he could come in and play the Raheem Brock roll, I think that'd be huge for our pass rush off the edge

McGruff

Reaction score
Abraham will probably come cheaper and shorter than Osi or Freeney.

Rat

Reaction score
Seems to have gotten more durable with age. Still productive over the past three seasons. He might 35, but he hasn't played like it lately.

drdiags

Reaction score
It's a smart move with the Clemons injury. The Seahawks cannot afford to have unproven depth for that position and I find it hard to believe that Clemons will be able to go 100% from game 1. They need to come out of the FA period with a reasonable piece of this puzzle solved. We will see if the full-court wine and dine gets it done or will he be like Hutch and just decide to pass on a chance to join up.

Osi, Freeney or Abraham need to be signed to lower the risks to next season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Osi, Freeney, Abraham, or Seymore would all be lucky if we signed them. This is a perfect opportunity to make a few more millions and one of the best chancs at a super bowl they will get. They would all get plenty of playing time but would also be a part of a solid rotation in a stadium and fan base built for pass rushers. Golden op for these guys and I think some more Veteran leaderhsip on out D will help tremendously especially since it's likely Tru and Hill are on the way out.

Lets get this done with Abraham becaus even at 34 he has been productive.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We are a team on the cusp, it's not a secret anymore.

There is a multitude of reasons we can get solid veterans at reasonable contracts, especially on defense.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Picking up Abraham if its only for a year makes a lot of sense for this team with the uncertainty of when Clemons will be at full speed again. Would love to see it especially when it allows them the flexibility to get a receiver in the first round.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I may have my facts slightly off, but I think we went after him hard when he was a free agent, but he chose Atlanta because he was an East coast guy, and pretty much came out and said so. I'm sure at this point in his career he is looking to make whatever money he can and get a decent shot at a ring, so it seems like a good fit.

m0ng0

Reaction score
cheap contract with lots of opportunities to make more via incentives? sign him up !

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't think thats what anybody is saying here. I would like to see us sign Abraham (if its reasonable and short term)and resign Branch and would be happy right there. I don't think that would break the bank for the Seahawks. I am not interested in the least in Osi or Freeney to be honest.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Natethegreat":38cajhbt said:
I don't think thats what anybody is saying here. I would like to see us sign Abraham (if its reasonable and short term)and resign Branch and would be happy right there. I don't think that would break the bank for the Seahawks. I am not interested in the least in Osi or Freeney to be honest.

Personally, I would prefer letting Branch walk, re-signing Jones, and signing Freeney, as Freeney seems to fit the LEO position most perfectly, but I agree that some combination of re-signs and short-term vet signings would be a prudent idea.