Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am
  • I'm glad he went after Bayless, didn't expect anything different from him. And Bayless deserves the beating!

    I just think Sherman for whatever reason didn't do a very good job on this one. I like the idea of it, I just think the execution was a little lacking.

    Sherman is still mann though.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6595
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 am
  • TJH wrote:THat does not equate to class. You cannot honestly say that someone who would tell another grown man "I am better at life than you" is classy.


    Yes you can, you can say that particular act is not classy, that would be fair. Skip does this every day, Sherm gives props to db's and receivers and other qb's where it's due, he simply defends himself fiercely, if you want him to be a pussy so be it, I love the guy.
    Last edited by SNDavidson on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1528
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 am
  • TJH wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I don't know why people are on here excusing Bayless for throwing darts at Sherman not expecting him to send a few back his way?



    Talking about football is one thing, getting personal like that is another.


    He got personal first! Did you miss that whole part and jump to a conclusion that Sherm just acted like an ass for no reason?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21276
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am
  • I would generally not be a fan of Sherman on this and have been critical of him in the past. But I've got to say, of the 3 main instances I've seen of his trash talking that I thought was over the line (Brady, the OT from Washington, and now Skip), he does a really good job of picking his opponents. Brady is kind of a whiny douche, the full clip of the Washington incident completely cleared Sherman, and Skip, well, what can you say about Skip? He probably brought it a little more than he needed to, but let's all be honest, Skip deserves the Chris (er, Jim) Everett Jim Rome treatment.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105019
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:54 am
  • I bought two jerseys this past season. One was Wilson and the other....

    #25 Sherman. I think I made the right choice.

    Sherm handling grown man business with a ninja sword and lopping off heads.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Yawwwwwwn.

    I hate this shit.

    Play football.



    Yawn.

    Nobody asked you.


    Stupid post. Its a messege board where people express opinions so you,"Asked" him when you logged in
    Hawkfan509
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1140
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:24 am
  • I totally cracked up at how Steven A Smith was just sitting there listening and didn't say a word. He handled it well and waited to bring up football and Seahawk talk after Sherm's verbal beat down of Skip.
    I actually loved the interview, I don't get why people are so bunged up about it. Sherm was just dishing out what was thrown at him.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4558
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 am
  • This is a net loss for Sherman. Outside of Seahawk world, very few fans like the guy to begin with because he's a trash talker. He doesn't need to be hammering an old fool like Skip Bayliss with stuff like "I'm better at life than you!" Just laughing him off and saying "scoreboard - look at the numbers and get back to me" would have gone a lot farther. That's just painful to watch a big NFL player freaking over some old sports writer. He comes off as a bully.

    He's a great corner. Just my opinion, but I think he needs to let his play talk for him, continue to do his wonderful community work and shut the hell up.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 am
  • Fire with Fire, that's all this is. It's understandable if it rubs you the wrong way, but Sherm is who he is, it is not an act.
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1528
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 am
  • This is the only time Sherman has went after a media figure and frankly, he couldn't have picked a better guy to direct it at. I would bet money that he never talks that way to anyone else.

    Bayless has spent an eternity proving he actually knows little and taking shots at pro athletes for stuff that isn't even accurate.

    Baylee's didn't come out and say "I think you are not in the same class as Revis". He said flat out he wasn't as if it was fact, when factually the stats say he is. That is why Sherman went after him.
    The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage. 1/30/2015 - loaf
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TJH wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I don't know why people are on here excusing Bayless for throwing darts at Sherman not expecting him to send a few back his way?



    Talking about football is one thing, getting personal like that is another.


    He got personal first! Did you miss that whole part and jump to a conclusion that Sherm just acted like an ass for no reason?


    Talking about him as a player is not getting personal.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*
     
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 am
  • Agree with those saying this was difficult to watch.

    We all love Sherm... he's had a fantastic two years in the league. Let's hope it continues.

    However, it's all getting a bit much. It's gone past the point of raising his profile and the teams. Instead of seeming brash and interesting, people are becoming fed up hearing about him. He's an all-pro corner, Stanford grad etc. Time to let that speak for itself. He doesn't have to go after Skip Bayless. This footage will earn Bayless another zero on his next contract. It's EXACTLY what his producer wants to happen. He wants Bayless to be talked about, which is exactly what happened yesterday.

    He's starting to sound more DeAngelo Hall than Deion Sanders. Time for Pete to put an arm around him and have a quiet word IMO. Everyone in the NFL respects Sherman now which is what he wanted. He doesn't want to lose that.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am
  • The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12763
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 am
  • Emotions were obviously high. Sherman said something personal that maybe he regretted, and maybe he didn't. I for one will not say if it was wrong or if it was not.

    Here is what I know: Skip Bayless represents everything that is wrong in sports media. I don't care that he is playing the role. This of course goes beyond Bayless, but he dishes it constatnly and he sure as hell deserves to receive some backlash for it. I am sick and tired of Bayless and most media. I applaud those who stand up against him, whether that be Richard Sherman, Mark Cuban, or anyone else.

    Love Sherman or don't. Personally, I love the guy, but I get why he would rub some people the wrong way. Either way, that is your choice, but I don't think anyone should state what Sherman should or should not be doing when the guy is commiting no crime and is out there doing a good service to communities.
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

    I think that's the part that drives him. Like another poster said, it forces Sherman to elevate his level of play because he's left himself no room for error. He has to show up or be laughed off the field.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7901
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 am
  • Interesting, my post got deleted, must have been considered a personal attack.
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1528
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am
  • He's Deion 2.0. A true shutdown corner, only this version actually tackles and hits.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    User avatar
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14304
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With your sister


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:53 am
  • Skip was clearly being a dick, but Sherman clearly let Skip get to him. By looking unprofessional, Sherman looked weak. I hope Sherman learns that he looked weak, and therefore gets back to impersonal trash talking. But overall he is an intelligent dude so I'm not really too worried about anything he does -- he know's what he's doing.
    Image
    User avatar
    oasis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 538
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 am
  • I love Sherman and this didn't change that.

    As Mark Cuban made very clear, Skip's entire career is based on stating his broad opinions as facts. If you don't think so, refresh your knowledge of the meaning of 'fact' and 'opinion' then listen very closely. He can't answer a simple question like 'what defense were they running?' He spews tired, uneducated clichés like 'they wanted it more' and he represents the inner workings of athletes' brains as if he were their therapist or confidant.

    This laziness gets a pass from most because in the long run it's much less important than so many other real-life things. But that's how mediocrity thrives, by not being important enough to get worked up over. There is an art to being just annoying enough to be relevant and there is an art to being just vague enough to not get called out for being wrong. These are not terribly specialized artforms, but Skip has made a career of it. That doesn't mean everyone has to play along. Mark Cuban didn't. And Richard Sherman wouldn't even pretend to do it. Just MHO, but I bet there are loads of professional athletes out there who would love to have done what Sherman did on that show, but don't want to deal with the backlash.

    Richard Sherman not only escaped Compton, but has risen to the top of his professional field via Stanford, then the Seahawks. He feels compelled to let people – the people who keep questioning him or flat out trying to put him down – know the facts. Maybe this stems from growing up in a place where a person with dreams gets a lot more grief than support. Maybe Richard Sherman has the perfect balance of self-assuredness, outspokenness, and work ethic to succeed where others from similar backgrounds and circumstances fail.

    Maybe he has been doubted and disrespected his whole life, from pee-wee, to high school, to college, where his coach tried to marginalize him, to the national media where an attention-seeking, opinion-as-fact spewing talk show host uses the time leading up to the interview to knowingly rile up the interviewee with put-downs.

    For anyone unsure of why Sherman would go on the show, think of it this way. Imagine if a sports columnist started saying things about you in his column like, "You are not a great poster. Your statements and ideas are nowhere near as good as (So-n-so .NET screen name)." If this went on for a few weeks or more, and this columnist was known for badgering other posters, maybe you would feel the need to respond. Maybe not. What if the columnist said the same thing about your professional career? What if you were about to go on a show to discuss your recent charitable events, or to answer the question, "How good do you think you are at your job?" and the interviewer spent the time leading up to the interview saying you are nowhere near as good as another guy in your organization. No numbers, no facts, just "you are not nearly as good." I'm not a trash talker myself, but I'd be a little steamed. Either way, it is at least understandable why Sherman wanted to call out Skip and do it no-holds-barred.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 am
  • No offense hawkaroundtheclock... but Sherman went on the show because he craves attention and conflict. Thats it. How you deal with a guy like Bayless is ignore him, or challenge him with facts. Sherman did neither. He responded emotionally.

    I could care less except for when you have chance to take on a douche like Bayless, you have to be prepared. Sherman wasnt, and what that shows me is he was only interested in furthering the attention around him.

    whether its a big deal is yet to be seen, but as a fan i'd prefer Sherman step away from the spotlight for a bit
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12849
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am
  • SNDavidson wrote:Interesting, my post got deleted, must have been considered a personal attack.


    I wish I had screen-capped that. I thought it made the point extremely well.

    We let these media blowhards get away with so much crap, like it's sports-talk static or background noise. Your post was very clever in portraying how pointed, uneducated opinions can be presented as factual statements with intent to provoke.

    We would all do better to be more diligent in discerning opinion from fact, especially regarding any media.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:34 am
  • Really, really difficult to watch. I love Sherman, but this was not his shining moment. When you watch Cuban take down Bayless, you can see Cuban holding all the cards, never getting flustered, and holding Bayless to the same questions and embarrassing him by providing the answers. Sherman never did that. Everyone knows Bayless is a classless douchebag who deserves a few cracks to the jaw. That part's obvious. If Sherman had spent 5 minutes forcing Bayless to hem and haw like the jackass he is, Sherman would have thoroughly won. Instead, he got emotional, too, and when Bayless got that reaction, he pounced because he had the superior hand. Bleh.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 17135
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:Interesting, my post got deleted, must have been considered a personal attack.


    I wish I had screen-capped that. I thought it made the point extremely well.

    We let these media blowhards get away with so much crap, like it's sports-talk static or background noise. Your post was very clever in portraying how pointed, uneducated opinions can be presented as factual statements with intent to provoke.

    We would all do better to be more diligent in discerning opinion from fact, especially regarding any media.


    I deleted the exchange before I realized what you were going after.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 9023
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:No offense hawkaroundtheclock... but Sherman went on the show because he craves attention and conflict. Thats it. How you deal with a guy like Bayless is ignore him, or challenge him with facts. Sherman did neither. He responded emotionally.

    I could care less except for when you have chance to take on a douche like Bayless, you have to be prepared. Sherman wasnt, and what that shows me is he was only interested in furthering the attention around him.

    whether its a big deal is yet to be seen, but as a fan i'd prefer Sherman step away from the spotlight for a bit


    No offense taken. We're all just sharing ideas. Speaking of which, how should Sherman have been better prepared? With more facts? He's been doing that constantly ever since Super Bowl week! And Skip still gives him an earful of 'you are not in the same stratosphere as Revis' leading right up to interview time? How many facts can Sherman restate?

    Skip's entire career rests on zings and barbs disguised as knowledgeable sports talk. Sherman recognized his game and played it better. It's not a coincidence that this is the first time we've ever seen Sherman get chippy and emotional like that. I argue that he WAS prepared for the show and he was prepared to do what many others have wanted to but wouldn't. He was not caught off guard nor was he shaken. He knew exactly what the show is and what he went there to do. He bullied a bully, plain and simple. Sure that makes for some tense and even uncomfortable TV, but don't pretend that Sherman was duped into a playground exchange he didn't want to be a part of.

    Now, ignoring Skip might be how you and I would handle it, but why should we expect any other individual to handle it like we would? Because it's the only right way? Because it gets you more favor with other national media or NFL fans? Those are so unimportant to Richard Sherman. Yes, he wants attention, but he's not going to shake his ass in public unless he knows he can back it up on the field. Put another way, he is not going to 'dial it down' or 'dumb it down' or quiet down just to get approval in the sports columns and message boards.

    Aside from winning a Super Bowl, Richard Sherman seems to want two things in his professional life: to be the best corner the game has ever seen, and for people to acknowledge his accomplishments. I don't see anything wrong with that or with how he chooses to go about attaining those goals. When he was selected 1st team All-Pro, that was an achievement toward his second goal. For Skip to come off like Sherman has not attained anything, or is nowhere near the discussion of the best cornerbacks in the NFL is absolutely worthy of an emotional comeback.

    I feel ya, though, it's not the way I would handle it. I am flat-out AWFUL at self-promotion. I am like the anti-Sherman in that sense. Doesn't mean it's the only way or even the best way. I'll trust a guy that earned his way out of Compton, into Stanford, and onto a tough roster as a 5th round draft choice. I'll trust a guy who earned his place with those 50 writers as one of the best in the league in his first complete season to know what is best for himself without placing my particular value system on him.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Really, really difficult to watch. I love Sherman, but this was not his shining moment. When you watch Cuban take down Bayless, you can see Cuban holding all the cards, never getting flustered, and holding Bayless to the same questions and embarrassing him by providing the answers. Sherman never did that. Everyone knows Bayless is a classless douchebag who deserves a few cracks to the jaw. That part's obvious. If Sherman had spent 5 minutes forcing Bayless to hem and haw like the jackass he is, Sherman would have thoroughly won. Instead, he got emotional, too, and when Bayless got that reaction, he pounced because he had the superior hand. Bleh.


    That's a good point. Now I think I get Uncle Si's point about preparedness a little better. If he had taken a few notes from the Cuban exchange, he still could have made his points, made Skip look like the fool he is, and come out untarnished.

    He did point out that Skip does not use facts, just as Cuban did. But Skip wasn't going on and on about how Cuban was not as good as other owners. Their talk was about two other teams, and then about the defensive schemes of Cuban's team vs. LeBron's play the year before.

    In this case, if Skip had been talking about the two recent Super Bowl teams and how, say, Megatron, didn't bring his A-game to Seattle earlier this year, maybe the convo would have been different. He set up the interview with provocation. I say Sherman took it and turned his game on him rather than being tricked into getting emotional.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:04 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Really, really difficult to watch. I love Sherman, but this was not his shining moment. When you watch Cuban take down Bayless, you can see Cuban holding all the cards, never getting flustered, and holding Bayless to the same questions and embarrassing him by providing the answers. Sherman never did that. Everyone knows Bayless is a classless douchebag who deserves a few cracks to the jaw. That part's obvious. If Sherman had spent 5 minutes forcing Bayless to hem and haw like the jackass he is, Sherman would have thoroughly won. Instead, he got emotional, too, and when Bayless got that reaction, he pounced because he had the superior hand. Bleh.


    Sums it up about right for me too..

    Everyone knows Skip is a worthless journalist who makes his money on obscene proof-less opinions. Sherman doesn't represent our organization well the way he came off in my opinion. Athletes are held to a higher standard than reporters. If a reporter sticks a camera in your face while you're on vacation with your family, sure you want to break the camera like Kenny Rogers...but ultimately it just makes you look like a jack@ss.

    I don't like Skip, and I don't agree with most of the stuff he says, but Sherman looked like a fool IMO.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1952
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:05 am
  • The second Sherm stops this type of thing worry..... cause his motivation and hunger is gone.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3277
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

    I think that's the part that drives him. Like another poster said, it forces Sherman to elevate his level of play because he's left himself no room for error. He has to show up or be laughed off the field.




    I guess what I'm trying to say is up until yesterday I was on Sherm's side because he always kept everything light and fun...........but with Bayless it crossed over into mean and ugly territory.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12763
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:No offense hawkaroundtheclock... but Sherman went on the show because he craves attention and conflict. Thats it. How you deal with a guy like Bayless is ignore him, or challenge him with facts. Sherman did neither. He responded emotionally.

    I could care less except for when you have chance to take on a douche like Bayless, you have to be prepared. Sherman wasnt, and what that shows me is he was only interested in furthering the attention around him.

    whether its a big deal is yet to be seen, but as a fan i'd prefer Sherman step away from the spotlight for a bit


    No offense taken. We're all just sharing ideas. Speaking of which, how should Sherman have been better prepared? With more facts? He's been doing that constantly ever since Super Bowl week! And Skip still gives him an earful of 'you are not in the same stratosphere as Revis' leading right up to interview time? How many facts can Sherman restate?

    Skip's entire career rests on zings and barbs disguised as knowledgeable sports talk. Sherman recognized his game and played it better. It's not a coincidence that this is the first time we've ever seen Sherman get chippy and emotional like that. I argue that he WAS prepared for the show and he was prepared to do what many others have wanted to but wouldn't. He was not caught off guard nor was he shaken. He knew exactly what the show is and what he went there to do. He bullied a bully, plain and simple. Sure that makes for some tense and even uncomfortable TV, but don't pretend that Sherman was duped into a playground exchange he didn't want to be a part of.

    Now, ignoring Skip might be how you and I would handle it, but why should we expect any other individual to handle it like we would? Because it's the only right way? Because it gets you more favor with other national media or NFL fans? Those are so unimportant to Richard Sherman. Yes, he wants attention, but he's not going to shake his ass in public unless he knows he can back it up on the field. Put another way, he is not going to 'dial it down' or 'dumb it down' or quiet down just to get approval in the sports columns and message boards.

    Aside from winning a Super Bowl, Richard Sherman seems to want two things in his professional life: to be the best corner the game has ever seen, and for people to acknowledge his accomplishments. I don't see anything wrong with that or with how he chooses to go about attaining those goals. When he was selected 1st team All-Pro, that was an achievement toward his second goal. For Skip to come off like Sherman has not attained anything, or is nowhere near the discussion of the best cornerbacks in the NFL is absolutely worthy of an emotional comeback.

    I feel ya, though, it's not the way I would handle it. I am flat-out AWFUL at self-promotion. I am like the anti-Sherman in that sense. Doesn't mean it's the only way or even the best way. I'll trust a guy that earned his way out of Compton, into Stanford, and onto a tough roster as a 5th round draft choice. I'll trust a guy who earned his place with those 50 writers as one of the best in the league in his first complete season to know what is best for himself without placing my particular value system on him.



    I love Sherman's story, but I guess thats where I would have wanted him to settle in. If he wants to take on Bayless, im all for it. But why not calmly sit there and reflect on his accomplishments? All we heard was "Im all pro-stanford grad".... not int numbers, passes defended, his background, etc... Or, since he was interested in comparing his successes with Bayless, how many awards has Bayless won, or the shambles of his writing career? It just became a name calling adventure. And that's the thing, Sherman had the ammo.

    Im not judging Sherman. Like you said, he's done nothing wrong. As a fan, i just think its getting old. No, he's not going to dial it down. But at what point does this self promotion start to hinder the team? When does he go from Deion to Owens? Thats my only concern.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12849
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:10 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

    I think that's the part that drives him. Like another poster said, it forces Sherman to elevate his level of play because he's left himself no room for error. He has to show up or be laughed off the field.




    I guess what I'm trying to say is up until yesterday I was on Sherm's side because he always kept everything light and fun...........but with Bayless it crossed over into mean and ugly territory.


    Bayless is mean and ugly. He got what he deserved and its nice to see someone stand up to him finally.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3277
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 am
  • oasis wrote:Skip was clearly being a dick, but Sherman clearly let Skip get to him. By looking unprofessional, Sherman looked weak. I hope Sherman learns that he looked weak, and therefore gets back to impersonal trash talking. But overall he is an intelligent dude so I'm not really too worried about anything he does -- he know's what he's doing.

    Sherman never got emotional. He was insulting, but not emotional. He brought up a very important issue that not only applies to Skip Bayless but the entire media from Fox News to ESPN, from the sports to the political to every issue in general. These guys spout off all day every day without a trace of factual evidence to back them up. It didn't used to be that way. They teach you that in journalism it's NOT supposed to be that way, but it is.
    I'm glad to see at least one mediot get hammered for it.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    I dont care who but just get kapershit outa here.- rlkats
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6004
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

    I think that's the part that drives him. Like another poster said, it forces Sherman to elevate his level of play because he's left himself no room for error. He has to show up or be laughed off the field.




    I guess what I'm trying to say is up until yesterday I was on Sherm's side because he always kept everything light and fun...........but with Bayless it crossed over into mean and ugly territory.


    I don't mind subtle sarcastic jabs one and again but this wasn't subtle at all, Sherman was hurt and he responded with foolish comments, there is really no other way to state it. He needs to stay away from the media for a while imo. :179419:
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4184
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    Bayless is mean and ugly. He got what he deserved and its nice to see someone stand up to him finally.


    You're cut from the same cloth as Sherman, I guess? lol Who cares what the guy looks like.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1952
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I love Sherman's story, but I guess thats where I would have wanted him to settle in. If he wants to take on Bayless, im all for it. But why not calmly sit there and reflect on his accomplishments? All we heard was "Im all pro-stanford grad".... not int numbers, passes defended, his background, etc... Or, since he was interested in comparing his successes with Bayless, how many awards has Bayless won, or the shambles of his writing career? It just became a name calling adventure. And that's the thing, Sherman had the ammo.

    Im not judging Sherman. Like you said, he's done nothing wrong. As a fan, i just think its getting old. No, he's not going to dial it down. But at what point does this self promotion start to hinder the team? When does he go from Deion to Owens? Thats my only concern.


    Well said. If he planned to break that 4th wall and expose Skip the person behind the hot air, he could have compiled a laundry list of comparables. The Deion to Owens thing nailed it. As long as he doesn't start interviewing with everybody this way, I too hold out hope that Sherman's excellent play and that great smile will charm his way into peoples' hearts. There will be some bumps, but I think he'll get there.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    oasis wrote:Skip was clearly being a dick, but Sherman clearly let Skip get to him. By looking unprofessional, Sherman looked weak. I hope Sherman learns that he looked weak, and therefore gets back to impersonal trash talking. But overall he is an intelligent dude so I'm not really too worried about anything he does -- he know's what he's doing.

    Sherman never got emotional. He was insulting, but not emotional. He brought up a very important issue that not only applies to Skip Bayless but the entire media from Fox News to ESPN, from the sports to the political to every issue in general. These guys spout off all day every day without a trace of factual evidence to back them up. It didn't used to be that way. They teach you that in journalism it's NOT supposed to be that way, but it is.
    I'm glad to see at least one mediot get hammered for it.


    Thats not the point, do you think by Sherman doing this, it's somehow going to change what the media does? Lets not confuse what the media's job description is which is basically to be an asshole, to ask stupid questions, to get a reaction for the most part at least in sports reporting it is. Anyone can be a casual sports journalist but thats not why Skip is where he is.... sadly. There is too many journalists out there for everyone to do the same thing and become famous for it. Skip was just doing his job. Richard Sherman doesn't have the longevity to talk like this, but then again what do I know since being an All Pro is all thats important to a players career. I don't want to sound like I'm against Sherman because I'm not but some of his facts were dumb some of his statements were dumb, simple as that, as a person I can say that. This whole thing is silly and I wish we could just erase it. First help bring a super bowl to Seattle then you can talk some more.

    EDIT: I think the deadspin video was edited to make Sherman look worse than he was, I just heard more of the audio version and it sounds like Sherman has more of a level head to start, so maybe it's not as bad as it first seemed, still it was dumb overall.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4184
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am
  • Many say it was ugly, but having the balls to go after Bayless where it may have seemed awkward to hear Sherman will have a bunch of support from Professional Athletes across all sports, Bayless is nothing more then a Instigator of controversial propaganda when it comes to sports. Call him Jerry Springer of sports or as someone said Howard Stern.

    I would be willing to bet that Sherman will never be caught in that type of situation again without being completly prepared to take someone down a bit more surgically.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22826
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:I love Sherman and this didn't change that.

    As Mark Cuban made very clear, Skip's entire career is based on stating his broad opinions as facts. If you don't think so, refresh your knowledge of the meaning of 'fact' and 'opinion' then listen very closely. He can't answer a simple question like 'what defense were they running?' He spews tired, uneducated clichés like 'they wanted it more' and he represents the inner workings of athletes' brains as if he were their therapist or confidant.

    This laziness gets a pass from most because in the long run it's much less important than so many other real-life things. But that's how mediocrity thrives, by not being important enough to get worked up over. There is an art to being just annoying enough to be relevant and there is an art to being just vague enough to not get called out for being wrong. These are not terribly specialized artforms, but Skip has made a career of it. That doesn't mean everyone has to play along. Mark Cuban didn't. And Richard Sherman wouldn't even pretend to do it. Just MHO, but I bet there are loads of professional athletes out there who would love to have done what Sherman did on that show, but don't want to deal with the backlash.

    Richard Sherman not only escaped Compton, but has risen to the top of his professional field via Stanford, then the Seahawks. He feels compelled to let people – the people who keep questioning him or flat out trying to put him down – know the facts. Maybe this stems from growing up in a place where a person with dreams gets a lot more grief than support. Maybe Richard Sherman has the perfect balance of self-assuredness, outspokenness, and work ethic to succeed where others from similar backgrounds and circumstances fail.

    Maybe he has been doubted and disrespected his whole life, from pee-wee, to high school, to college, where his coach tried to marginalize him, to the national media where an attention-seeking, opinion-as-fact spewing talk show host uses the time leading up to the interview to knowingly rile up the interviewee with put-downs.

    For anyone unsure of why Sherman would go on the show, think of it this way. Imagine if a sports columnist started saying things about you in his column like, "You are not a great poster. Your statements and ideas are nowhere near as good as (So-n-so .NET screen name)." If this went on for a few weeks or more, and this columnist was known for badgering other posters, maybe you would feel the need to respond. Maybe not. What if the columnist said the same thing about your professional career? What if you were about to go on a show to discuss your recent charitable events, or to answer the question, "How good do you think you are at your job?" and the interviewer spent the time leading up to the interview saying you are nowhere near as good as another guy in your organization. No numbers, no facts, just "you are not nearly as good." I'm not a trash talker myself, but I'd be a little steamed. Either way, it is at least understandable why Sherman wanted to call out Skip and do it no-holds-barred.


    Good post.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3382
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

    Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

    I think that's the part that drives him. Like another poster said, it forces Sherman to elevate his level of play because he's left himself no room for error. He has to show up or be laughed off the field.




    I guess what I'm trying to say is up until yesterday I was on Sherm's side because he always kept everything light and fun...........but with Bayless it crossed over into mean and ugly territory.

    I hear ya. From what I understand of Sherman, he seems to give what he gets. He's said before,there'd be games where him and the WR he's facing don't even say a word to eachother. Then there's those that challenge him and he steps right up and accepts. So with Bayless, after weeks of spewing nonsense about Sherman, he got the same in return.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7901
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:No offense hawkaroundtheclock... but Sherman went on the show because he craves attention and conflict. Thats it. How you deal with a guy like Bayless is ignore him, or challenge him with facts. Sherman did neither. He responded emotionally.

    I could care less except for when you have chance to take on a douche like Bayless, you have to be prepared. Sherman wasnt, and what that shows me is he was only interested in furthering the attention around him.

    whether its a big deal is yet to be seen, but as a fan i'd prefer Sherman step away from the spotlight for a bit


    No offense taken. We're all just sharing ideas. Speaking of which, how should Sherman have been better prepared? With more facts? He's been doing that constantly ever since Super Bowl week! And Skip still gives him an earful of 'you are not in the same stratosphere as Revis' leading right up to interview time? How many facts can Sherman restate?

    Skip's entire career rests on zings and barbs disguised as knowledgeable sports talk. Sherman recognized his game and played it better. It's not a coincidence that this is the first time we've ever seen Sherman get chippy and emotional like that. I argue that he WAS prepared for the show and he was prepared to do what many others have wanted to but wouldn't. He was not caught off guard nor was he shaken. He knew exactly what the show is and what he went there to do. He bullied a bully, plain and simple. Sure that makes for some tense and even uncomfortable TV, but don't pretend that Sherman was duped into a playground exchange he didn't want to be a part of.

    Now, ignoring Skip might be how you and I would handle it, but why should we expect any other individual to handle it like we would? Because it's the only right way? Because it gets you more favor with other national media or NFL fans? Those are so unimportant to Richard Sherman. Yes, he wants attention, but he's not going to shake his ass in public unless he knows he can back it up on the field. Put another way, he is not going to 'dial it down' or 'dumb it down' or quiet down just to get approval in the sports columns and message boards.

    Aside from winning a Super Bowl, Richard Sherman seems to want two things in his professional life: to be the best corner the game has ever seen, and for people to acknowledge his accomplishments. I don't see anything wrong with that or with how he chooses to go about attaining those goals. When he was selected 1st team All-Pro, that was an achievement toward his second goal. For Skip to come off like Sherman has not attained anything, or is nowhere near the discussion of the best cornerbacks in the NFL is absolutely worthy of an emotional comeback.

    I feel ya, though, it's not the way I would handle it. I am flat-out AWFUL at self-promotion. I am like the anti-Sherman in that sense. Doesn't mean it's the only way or even the best way. I'll trust a guy that earned his way out of Compton, into Stanford, and onto a tough roster as a 5th round draft choice. I'll trust a guy who earned his place with those 50 writers as one of the best in the league in his first complete season to know what is best for himself without placing my particular value system on him.



    I love Sherman's story, but I guess thats where I would have wanted him to settle in. If he wants to take on Bayless, im all for it. But why not calmly sit there and reflect on his accomplishments? All we heard was "Im all pro-stanford grad".... not int numbers, passes defended, his background, etc... Or, since he was interested in comparing his successes with Bayless, how many awards has Bayless won, or the shambles of his writing career? It just became a name calling adventure. And that's the thing, Sherman had the ammo.

    Im not judging Sherman. Like you said, he's done nothing wrong. As a fan, i just think its getting old. No, he's not going to dial it down. But at what point does this self promotion start to hinder the team? When does he go from Deion to Owens? Thats my only concern.


    But Sherman did go there, he did say all of those things. He repeatedly said 12 INTs in 26 games. Over and over and over he said that. I would personally love it if ESPN had the balls to put Terrell Suggs, Mark Cuban, and Richard Sherman all at a table across from Skip Bayless for about 15 minutes. Skip would retire on the spot.
    User avatar
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 605
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    But Sherman did go there, he did say all of those things. He repeatedly said 12 INTs in 26 games. Over and over and over he said that. I would personally love it if ESPN had the balls to put Terrell Suggs, Mark Cuban, and Richard Sherman all at a table across from Skip Bayless for about 15 minutes. Skip would retire on the spot.


    I'd love to see him have a chat with Sherman and the man who he rips the most out of, Lebron James. It'd be must see TV.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21276
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm
  • I don't know how anyone that saw Sherman's facial expressions on that show could say he didn't get emotional. Virtually every time Sherman has gone after someone in the past, he has been smiling very noticeably. This time, his facial language was very different. He was flat-out pissed.

    He definitely got emotional on this one, but I love him anyways.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31303
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm
  • Oh, well. At least none of the trained seals have mentioned Kelly Jennings. I'd call that progress!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm
  • I would be all for trading sherm....dude is a goof. I was a casual seahawk fan his first year and I remember he cost us a penalty on a MNF game for his stupid antics. It was so stupid I remembered him...for wrong reason. Get rid of him while his stock is high.
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    User avatar
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:06 pm
    Location: White Rock, BC, Kanada


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I would be all for trading sherm....dude is a goof. I was a casual seahawk fan his first year and I remember he cost us a penalty on a MNF game for his stupid antics. It was so stupid I remembered him...for wrong reason. Get rid of him while his stock is high.

    Great idea. Lets get rid of T.O version 2.0 the biggest cancer ever! /sarcasm

    Seriously? He has swagger, and he's good. Something we have never had. I love sherman and I hope he plays for us for a long time.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1034
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I would be all for trading sherm....dude is a goof. I was a casual seahawk fan his first year and I remember he cost us a penalty on a MNF game for his stupid antics. It was so stupid I remembered him...for wrong reason. Get rid of him while his stock is high.


    THIS!

    Is a horrible idea.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:48 pm
  • My guess, knowing that show, is that much of it was scripted.

    Skip Bayless is loving all attention.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23471
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:My guess, knowing that show, is that much of it was scripted.

    Skip Bayless is loving all attention.


    This was my impression. I'm thinking that much of it was agreed upon before the show, and Sherm was trying to ad-lib his way through it.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14817
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I would be all for trading sherm....dude is a goof. I was a casual seahawk fan his first year and I remember he cost us a penalty on a MNF game for his stupid antics. It was so stupid I remembered him...for wrong reason. Get rid of him while his stock is high.

    Wow...most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Yeah, let's trade our all-pro DB because he talks too much. It's a good thing you're just a CASUAL fan.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7901
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I would be all for trading sherm....dude is a goof. I was a casual seahawk fan his first year and I remember he cost us a penalty on a MNF game for his stupid antics. It was so stupid I remembered him...for wrong reason. Get rid of him while his stock is high.


    My 49er fan alert just went wild, where's peaches to confirm this?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21276
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30
Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm
  • Interesting that the people who hate Bayless for being loud, obnoxious, and opinionated are the same people who are backing our loud, obnoxious, and opinionated CB.
    User avatar
    FargoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 912
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information