Just a reminder

pehawk

Reaction score
Umm, our team IS going to win the Super Bowl next year.

I know that's homerism, and its par for the course here, alot. And, I of all people have been guilty of overselling the Seahawks franchise as contenders. Hell, I could realistically convince anyone that the Seahawks are the best team in the league from the 1989 season on. But, this feels different. There's an ethos of inevitability to this team. It's just GOING to happen.

I dont have to convince myself "well, if this guy plays to potential and no one gets hurt". None of that. Just a very calm and confident assurance that the Seahawks will win 12-14 games and own HFA. It's the same confidence I felt in arguing RW was THE guy from the jump. No stats or disbeliever was going to convince me he wasn't a franchise changing type. I just knew it, as did alot of others.

I've NEVER felt this as a Hawks fan. Never.

grizbob

Reaction score
You selling that kool-aid by the glass or the pitcher?? :179422: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Seahawks certainly have a dog in the fight. I know one thing, they are good enough to win the Super Bowl because they are good enough to beat anyone.

The first thing is to win the division. Take care of that, which likely also means having no less than a two seed in the playoffs. To win the NFCW in 2013 will take A LOT of wins. I'm not saying it can't be done from the wild card, but if the Hawks can get HFA, it is a done deal.

No way this team loses playoff games at home. The energy alone will make for pure domination. The Hawks have just as much of a chance to be in the Super Bowl as anyone else, so why not?

rjdriver

Reaction score
No garbage losses next year and we are in. No damn Detroit or Miami. If we get HFA, we are headed to NY.
I know this team can beat anyone, anywhere but it's going to be a hell of a battle next year. I can't wait.
And I AM taking a road trip next year (well Seattle is a road trip for me too) , but you know what I mean. Haven't seen a road game since at Arizona in 07 (the bad exchange between Matt and Shaun that lost us the game). Guaranteed.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know logic says that at some point he'll have a bad game, but I honestly feel like as long as RW is our QB we'll have a chance to win every game and never get blown out.

dunceface

Reaction score
I actually feel better about the Falcons being the last team RW ever loses to than the Dolphins...

rjdriver

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3uzypx52 said:
I know logic says that at some point he'll have a bad game, but I honestly feel like as long as RW is our QB we'll have a chance to win every game and never get blown out.

That's not just a feeling. It's quantifiable history.

Rocket

Reaction score
"Umm, our team IS going to win the Super Bowl next year. "
"You complete me."

You guys are cute together... :0190l:
and you're right.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We haven't been so impatient about the length of the off-season. Hell yeah we both think Seattle is going to the superbowl.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2b6q2fyu said:

I know that's homerism, and its par for the course here, alot. And, I of all people have been guilty of overselling the Seahawks franchise as contenders. Hell, I could realistically convince anyone that the Seahawks are the best team in the league from the 1989 season on. But, this feels different. There's an ethos of inevitability to this team. It's just GOING to happen.

I dont have to convince myself "well, if this guy plays to potential and no one gets hurt". None of that. Just a very calm and confident assurance that the Seahawks will win 12-14 games and own HFA. It's the same confidence I felt in arguing RW was THE guy from the jump. No stats or disbeliever was going to convince me he wasn't a franchise changing type. I just knew it, as did alot of others.

Other players in the League know it too, that's why we are being visited by some that want to get in on the action.
So it is written,,,So it shall be. :les:

Largent80

Reaction score
An easy prediction but hardly a reality. They have to go out and get it done and have a season of minimal injuries.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":2ifk0niq said:

Ummmmm duh! Got a bet with a cowgirls fan that Seattle will make it to the Superbowl, and when they get there they WILL win it!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
36 years as a Hawk fan and I've never been so anxious and optimistic about an up-coming season. Let's hope the expectations that most of us have, but some are -AHEM!- to chicken to show, are fulfilled.