I think the "flyer" should be taken on Desmond Bryant....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I realize this guy has some off-field issues,....but,...........

....I (also) see him as someone with a chip on his shoulder, who (in the right environment) could dominate at his position for a few years.

The Seahawks, this team, the Emerald City;................get this guy out of Oakland and he WILL excel.

I don't know,......youth,......environment,...........discipline,......whatever!

I say bring him in.

The more "attitude" the better.
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie

• Excessive use of periods. 15 yards.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:Excessive use of periods. 15 yards.

:lol:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Yes, ellipses are best used in moderation.

Saw a news report on NFL network that said the Browns are going to be one of the teams going after Bryant. The Browns have $40 million in cap space. Could get interesting.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

This is America, I say use as many as you want! This isn't Canada. :thirishdrinkers:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Yes, ellipses are best used in moderation.

Saw a news report on NFL network that said the Browns are going to be one of the teams going after Bryant. The Browns have $40 million in cap space. Could get interesting.

The downside...you have to play in Cleveland.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Bring his ass in, and Jason Jones.. I'm cool wiht letting Branch go.
    nfcwizard
    NET Bench Warmer

• Desmond Bryant would work fine but I'd take a look at Vance Walker from the Falcons too.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Unfortunately due to Melton and Starks getting tagged Bryant is one of the most attractive FA DTs. It will cost a lot more than a flyer to bring him in
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• That's ok. Dude may act like a dummy but he's a harvard grad that got in on an academic scholarship and a 4.2 gpa. Dude is smart.

I don't think he goes to Cleveland based on that alone.

I can definitely see him in Seahawk blue next year.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• 4.2? What is this the new math?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Dude did extra credit. Truth.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I want a guy that does better than 100%. Especially because it is impossible. Therefore he will equate to a difference maker on this Dline. After we win the Super Bowl I will point to his 4.2 g.p.a at Harvard and reminisce about how I predicted his success.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• kearly wrote:Yes, ellipses are best used in moderation.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if he gets a better offer from the Browns or any other bottom feeder team and takes it. Or does he go for a slightly less possible offer from the Hawks where he still gets a great contract, but also gets to play for a serious Super Bowl championship contender.

I wonder what 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of the other NFL players in his position would go for? Especially those with a Harvard education, which are few in numbers.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Re: I think the
Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:That's ok. Dude may act like a dummy but he's a harvard grad that got in on an academic scholarship and a 4.2 gpa. Dude is smart.

I don't think he goes to Cleveland based on that alone.

I can definitely see him in Seahawk blue next year.

Doesn't Harvard disown any alum who enter the city limits of Cleveland?
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    kearly wrote:Yes, ellipses are best used in moderation.

The downside...you have to play in Cleveland.

Truth.

Interesting. Cleveland has aggressive ownership trying to recreate Pittsburgh in a single off season, and they must see Bryant as a good 3-4 DE. I wonder if Seattle sees him the same way?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• SalishHawkFan wrote:4.2? What is this the new math?

You can now graduate with gpa's greater then the old 4.0 "staight A's" of my day. My son's a freshman and is pulling a 4.2. Some high schools (luckily ours) offer AP (advanced placement) and even IB (International Baccalaureate) programs that give the gifted kids, or even the not-so-gifted kids who just have the desire and work ethic, an opportunity to break away from the pack and study at a higher level than the norm. These classes carry a higher credit "weight" or can be considered college level. IE: my 14 yo freshman son is getting an A+ in Algebra II Pre-IB so this carries more weight than some of his buddies who might be getting an A in the standard freshman Algebra...

An academic scholarship with a 4.2 says Desmond Bryant is a highly intelligent dude with a work ethic... that alone, not to mention the athletic talent, impresses me.

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well let's git'er done then! Pete reads this forum because he knows I post here. This is as good as done guys. Desmond will soon be a Hawk. :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I agree about taking a flyer on this guy. Right over the top of him and look for greener fields on the other side of the fence.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

I like you.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information