Seahawks sign 6-7,280-pound TE who played hoops in Argentina

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Wow, at that height, I wonder if he can block in line? Worst case, I guess he can set a screen in the pick and roll game that we will be implementing.

3 yr deal??? intriguing.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Got the following information from Twitter:

Darren Fells was an all-state TE in HS at Fullerton in SoCal, you can be sure Pete Carroll is very familiar with his athletic history. Fells turns 27 in April, is 6-7 255lbs, former Power Forward in Europe, was born in the USA.

[youtube]LLvOqdaIgJ0[/youtube]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
His brother is Daniel Fells, tight end for the Patriots.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It is interesting, but the length of contract is fairly meaningless, since it's unlikely to contain guarantees over that time frame. Just means he's locked into us until we decide otherwise :).

Not complaining though, I'll take any actual Seahawks news this time of the year that isn't bad news

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
kidhawk":ejkb299s said:
It is interesting, but the length of contract is fairly meaningless, since it's unlikely to contain guarantees over that time frame. Just means he's locked into us until we decide otherwise :).

Good point

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
So poor Hugo Chavez passes and this is all you chumps want to talk about? :141847_bnono:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Nice, will this be another Pro-bowler Pete and John find and pull off the scrap pile?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Daniel Fells is only 6'4 surprisingly. His younger brother got all the height.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Profile Link

Player Profile

A rugged competitor and a talented scorer. Superb low post moves and can score from wing or low-post. He does possess 3-pt range and is a strong rebounder. A very skilled big man he is quite fundamentally sound in all areas. Good mechanics on his shot allow him to shoot with range and also provide solid numbers at the free throw line. Crashed the offensive boards hard and also is an excellent weak side shot blocker. He also has worked hard and is now a solid ball handler and can move out and play some minutes on the perimeter. Defends both the PF and C spots effectively. Great physical body let's him bang around in the low blocks while still being quick enough to blow by most post players.

he had football offers to play tight end at Arizona and Wyoming. Article Link

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I like it. These are the types of signings that Pete and John are known for.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think Schneider screwed up when Wilson asked him for the big TE who used to play basketball.