Seahawks did not franchise/transition tag anyone this year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    #Seahawks officially did not use the franchise or transition tag this year. Only eight players were given the tag across the league.

It's official. Of course, we mostly expected that.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

• The way they are building this team, I wonder if we will even see a Tag applied in the next 3 -4 years
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• Brahn wrote:The way they are building this team, I wonder if we will even see a Tag applied in the next 3 -4 years

Okung or Earl or Sherman, since they should be the most costly and toughest to resolve. Wilson as well depending on the next 2 seasons.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Ruskell single handedly ended transition tags. We are in a good position this year, however next year and beyond is different. But the way Pete and John turn the roster over, a lot of our favies could be a walkin' in the next couple years.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• drdiags wrote:
    Brahn wrote:The way they are building this team, I wonder if we will even see a Tag applied in the next 3 -4 years

Okung or Earl or Sherman, since they should be the most costly and toughest to resolve. Wilson as well depending on the next 2 seasons.

Schneider seems to be under the rule of signing guys that are worth it. I am unaware of how many times GB used it while he was there but off the top of my head I do not recall.

I know there are players that could be under consideration to tag in the future, i feel the ones they want to keep will be signed before it would be needed. This FO seems to be under the mind of sign them early get a discount.
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• Maybe Brahn, but JS/PC did Franchise Olindo Mare in 2010. They haven't used the tag since but I wouldn't count it out as a tactic they might use.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I get the feeling they kinda look at it like I do..."in case of emergency, break glass". In other words, only use it as a last resort if you can't get a deal done on an important player but prefer to get them signed longer term if they re important enough to warrant a tag.

I agree on the Ruskell ending the transition tag league wide thing.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• These guys operate under the theory that you don't tag a guy one year unless you are willing to tag him for two.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Brahn wrote:The way they are building this team, I wonder if we will even see a Tag applied in the next 3 -4 years

The Schneider/Carroll approach has been to head off the franchise tag at the pass, i.e. get the player under contract before it comes to tagging.

It'll be interesting to see what we do, especially on the defensive side of the ball with all these players coming up for new contracts in the next 2-3 years. Are we going to do what SF has done and try to re-sign everybody, which has tied up about 75% of their payroll on the defensive side of the ball? Or are we going to pick and choose which defensive players we give big contracts too?

If I had to guess I'd say the latter. Resign Sherman, but not Browner. Resign Thomas, but not Kam. Resign Wagner, but not Wright. This is the kind of philosophy that can be maintained forever if done right.......and I trust Pete and John to do it right.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information