Martelluss Bennett?!

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the 'Hawks pickin' up Martelluss Bennett as our 2nd TE?

I think he'd definitely help in the redzone, and he's damn hard to defend against!

Oh, and he's about a million times better than brick-hands McCoy! :thfight7:

garydrake425

Reaction score
You must not have seen that article about McCoy and his stats showing him making the best of his opportunities. He has been doing better catching the balls as of late. Now he needs to breakout like a mad man taking names and kickin ass. I'd say if he doesn't then we really need to think of other options.

Seeker

Reaction score
What does Martelluss Bennett look like?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Did McCoy have an issue with the drops this season? I don't recall that being a problem this past season. We gave him a good ass QB and he balled out at times.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
What ain't no country I ever heard of...they speak English in What?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
He's just as inconsistent as McCoy, even the Coyboys didn't want him back. McCoy struggled a little at the end of the season but was solid for the most part, I say we get another TE in the mid rounds of the draft

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Killa Kam":keufzcdh said:
He's just as inconsistent as McCoy, even the Coyboys didn't want him back. McCoy struggled a little at the end of the season but was solid for the most part, I say we get another TE in the mid rounds of the draft
Like Vance McDonald. He'd be an upgrade over McCoy, imo.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team, and they're all pretty young.

I'd stick with Miller, McCoy, McGrath and Morrah for this year and try to add either Colt Lyerla or Austin Sefarian Jenkins next year.

Rat

Reaction score
Bennett looked pretty damn good this year. I wouldn't say we're in desperate need of someone like him, but this roster is deep enough to be able to afford some luxuries, if the price isn't bad.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ai9eis5l said:
I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team

I respectfully disagree, and I'd be surprised if PC & JS didn't too. I think McCoy is an average #2 TE. I think they rely so heavily on 2 TE sets that have two #1 TE's would make sense for us. With the FA TE's available and the TE class this year there are a ton of great options to bring something "different" or "special" to the team. Bennett cause mismatch issues and was somewhat successful as a #1 TE, I'd say he is bottom 1/3 but he is still a much bigger receiving threat than McCoy was. Bennett had some drop issues but it seems most super athletic TE's (Bennett, Cook, Finley, Davis and others) have all had some issues with drops. If they didn't the'd be the elite.

I'd be in for signing him just as I want some veteran DL brought in. If we can get our roster set before the draft we will have the freedom to do whatever we want and pick up the guys who provide the most value.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a upgrade at TE but i would rather see money and draft picks spent on DT,DE,WR and LB before we go out and grab a backup TE. Plus a think McCoy is only going to get better with time.

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Wenhawk":190adpo9 said:
JSeahawks":190adpo9 said:
I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team

I respectfully disagree, and I'd be surprised if PC & JS didn't too. I think McCoy is an average #2 TE. I think they rely so heavily on 2 TE sets that have two #1 TE's would make sense for us. With the FA TE's available and the TE class this year there are a ton of great options to bring something "different" or "special" to the team. Bennett cause mismatch issues and was somewhat successful as a #1 TE, I'd say he is bottom 1/3 but he is still a much bigger receiving threat than McCoy was. Bennett had some drop issues but it seems most super athletic TE's (Bennett, Cook, Finley, Davis and others) have all had some issues with drops. If they didn't the'd be the elite.

Absolutely agree! Bennett causes HUGE problems for the defense. I think he'd work out perfectly for our 2 TE sets, especially in the redzone!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he was my favorite TE coming out of the draft that year and never came close to reaching his potential until last year. TE is not a big need, Id take him if he was cheap. I Think Mccoy is fixing to have a breakout year.

JKent82

Reaction score
If we go the FA route, I'd only want a cheaper pass catching first guy, ie Fred Davis or Jared Cook. Assuming one of their prices actually falls, I don't think paying a lot for one is a good route when we already pay Miller so much and have McCoy who is coming into his own in my opinion.

Otherwise I'd be happy adding a pass catching joker style TE anywhere in the draft or a mid-later round more well rounded blocking type one, like say Travis Kelce. I think we could use a third one to at least compete with McGrath/Morrah.