Martelluss Bennett?!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Martelluss Bennett?!
Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 pm
  • What do you guys think about the 'Hawks pickin' up Martelluss Bennett as our 2nd TE?

I think he'd definitely help in the redzone, and he's damn hard to defend against!

Oh, and he's about a million times better than brick-hands McCoy! :thfight7:
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Re: Martelluss Bennett?!
Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:12 pm
  • A million?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 pm
  • You must not have seen that article about McCoy and his stats showing him making the best of his opportunities. He has been doing better catching the balls as of late. Now he needs to breakout like a mad man taking names and kickin ass. I'd say if he doesn't then we really need to think of other options.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:41 am
  • What does Martelluss Bennett look like?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 am
  • Seeker wrote:What does Martelluss Bennett look like?

What?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:58 am
  • say what again
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 am
  • Am I missing something? Did McCoy have an issue with the drops this season? I don't recall that being a problem this past season. We gave him a good ass QB and he balled out at times.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 am
  • Seeker wrote:What does Martelluss Bennett look like?

themunn wrote:What?

sturg78 wrote:say what again

:lol:
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:34 am
  • What ain't no country I ever heard of...they speak English in What?
    RockinHawks
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 am

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 am
  • He's just as inconsistent as McCoy, even the Coyboys didn't want him back. McCoy struggled a little at the end of the season but was solid for the most part, I say we get another TE in the mid rounds of the draft
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:51 am
  • Killa Kam wrote:He's just as inconsistent as McCoy, even the Coyboys didn't want him back. McCoy struggled a little at the end of the season but was solid for the most part, I say we get another TE in the mid rounds of the draft

Like Vance McDonald. He'd be an upgrade over McCoy, imo.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 am
  • I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team, and they're all pretty young.

I'd stick with Miller, McCoy, McGrath and Morrah for this year and try to add either Colt Lyerla or Austin Sefarian Jenkins next year.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 am
  • Bennett looked pretty damn good this year. I wouldn't say we're in desperate need of someone like him, but this roster is deep enough to be able to afford some luxuries, if the price isn't bad.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team

I respectfully disagree, and I'd be surprised if PC & JS didn't too. I think McCoy is an average #2 TE. I think they rely so heavily on 2 TE sets that have two #1 TE's would make sense for us. With the FA TE's available and the TE class this year there are a ton of great options to bring something "different" or "special" to the team. Bennett cause mismatch issues and was somewhat successful as a #1 TE, I'd say he is bottom 1/3 but he is still a much bigger receiving threat than McCoy was. Bennett had some drop issues but it seems most super athletic TE's (Bennett, Cook, Finley, Davis and others) have all had some issues with drops. If they didn't the'd be the elite.

I'd be in for signing him just as I want some veteran DL brought in. If we can get our roster set before the draft we will have the freedom to do whatever we want and pick up the guys who provide the most value.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 am
  • I wouldn't mind a upgrade at TE but i would rather see money and draft picks spent on DT,DE,WR and LB before we go out and grab a backup TE. Plus a think McCoy is only going to get better with time.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:09 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:what?

English, $&@#%@&#%$*#, do you speak it?!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I dont understand the desire for another tight end. Imo, tight end is one of the more solid and deep positions on our team

I respectfully disagree, and I'd be surprised if PC & JS didn't too. I think McCoy is an average #2 TE. I think they rely so heavily on 2 TE sets that have two #1 TE's would make sense for us. With the FA TE's available and the TE class this year there are a ton of great options to bring something "different" or "special" to the team. Bennett cause mismatch issues and was somewhat successful as a #1 TE, I'd say he is bottom 1/3 but he is still a much bigger receiving threat than McCoy was. Bennett had some drop issues but it seems most super athletic TE's (Bennett, Cook, Finley, Davis and others) have all had some issues with drops. If they didn't the'd be the elite.

Absolutely agree! Bennett causes HUGE problems for the defense. I think he'd work out perfectly for our 2 TE sets, especially in the redzone!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 am
  • he was my favorite TE coming out of the draft that year and never came close to reaching his potential until last year. TE is not a big need, Id take him if he was cheap. I Think Mccoy is fixing to have a breakout year.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm
  • If we go the FA route, I'd only want a cheaper pass catching first guy, ie Fred Davis or Jared Cook. Assuming one of their prices actually falls, I don't think paying a lot for one is a good route when we already pay Miller so much and have McCoy who is coming into his own in my opinion.

Otherwise I'd be happy adding a pass catching joker style TE anywhere in the draft or a mid-later round more well rounded blocking type one, like say Travis Kelce. I think we could use a third one to at least compete with McGrath/Morrah.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm
  • JKent82 wrote:If we go the FA route, I'd only want a cheaper pass catching first guy, ie Fred Davis or Jared Cook. Assuming one of their prices actually falls, I don't think paying a lot for one is a good route when we already pay Miller so much and have McCoy who is coming into his own in my opinion.

Otherwise I'd be happy adding a pass catching joker style TE anywhere in the draft or a mid-later round more well rounded blocking type one, like say Travis Kelce. I think we could use a third one to at least compete with McGrath/Morrah.

Fred Davis and Jared Cook were both franchised last year and will probably be again, they wont come cheap.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:55 pm
  • Neither Davis or Cook are going to be franchised is the word going around.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:50 pm
  • Do you guys think Bennett would be expensive?
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm
  • Yes, he had a good year last year. I think he costs a bit. I'd like him, and he fits, but I think he'd cost us too much.

Here's a curveball: sounds like the Viqueens might release Carlson. Would we take him back as a 2nd TE for cheap ? And he would come cheap. Blocks better than McCoy that's for sure.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 pm
  • Carlson is fragile
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm
  • Rather Bennett over Carlson, but Cook or Davis would be nice too. I think Davis would be the cheapest coming off of surgery. I could see a 3 year 18mil with 10mil guaranteed as reasonable for any of those guys, they will be looking for more but if the don't find it we can make them fit for at least 1 year maybe 2 then cut them if they don't max out their potential. I'd rather get DL help through FA than TE but I don't want us to sit on the sidelines and not improve our team. SF and STL have too many high draft picks to think they won't find some body's to drastically improve they teams. We have some ammo but we need to make smart decisions and bring in a few strategic pieces as well. Would I be happy if we got Bennett? Yes. Do I hope we get him? Not really, Only if he is the cheapest of the group of good FA TE's and we don;t intend to draft one in the first four round. Otherwise I'd rather use the draft or sign a cheaper guy who would bring more to the #2 spot than McCoy and even step in for Miller if he gets another concussion. He could be one more bad concussion away from ending his career I think he has had 3 now and that is getting up there.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am
  • When did McCoy struggle?
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 am
  • hawksman53 wrote:When did McCoy struggle?

Immediately after he caught a pass...he needs to learn how to run lol.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:58 am
  • I would rather have MICHAEL Bennett.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 am
  • You know what they call a Martellus Bennett in Paris?

They don't call him a tight end?

No, man, they got soccer. They don't know what the **** a tight end is.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm
  • I hope this is a joke. "Brick hands mccoy" really? Bennet wrote the book on dropping balls
    seahawks3732
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm
  • I can get drafting a TE because it's cheap but to spend cap space on one considering how much we pay Miller is pretty stupid.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 pm
  • If Miller get injured or is out for an extended period our Offense will struggle. My opinion for the most important/critical players to our offense with the roster we have now.

1. Russell Wilson
    2. Russell Okung
    3. Zach Miller
    4. Sidney Rice
    5. Max Unger
    6. Marshawn Lynch

The drop off if one of these players gets hurt is quite significant. Now Flynn is a solid backup, but I don't see him leading us to 2 victories, on the road, in the playoffs.

Okung is the anchor on our OL and he protects our teams most valuable asset in Wilson. Omylie steped in admirably when he had too but for a long period of time it would be an extreme blow to our offense.

Zach Miller allows this team so much freedom in the run game, he blocks like a guard and catches like a WR. Without him i could see or run game drop off quite a bit and our WR's would also suffer for the respect showed to Miller up the middle.

Rice would be a big hit, we currently dont have a big body to replace him and he provides the leadership to our WR corps.

Unger would be hard to replace and has consistently improved to the point of being voted to the Pro Bowl

Lynch is probably top 3 best on offense but RB's are easier to replace and if Turbin had to play 2 or 3 full games I wouldnt freak out, I think he might actually have better break away speed. Soo many time this year he was a hair away from breaking a big big gain and got tripped up
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 am
  • Bennett = Vin Baker

He'll balloon out once he gets his payday. Watch and remember who told ya.

NO THANKS.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information