Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: New offensive starters?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm 
NET Veteran

It's hard to imagin spending a high pick to upgrade our OL. We have a ton of depth and with Carpenter coming back he will be in aheated battle for the LG. At RG we have the Moffit v Sweezy and I think they are both very capable. Either Carpenter or MQuistion could fill in at any guard or tackle position so to me i don't want to mess with a good thing. I Cable is soo lw on Moffit I can see us getting another Guard to challenge but i'd be surprised if we invested heavy towards the OL in the draft this year.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 am 
NET Veteran

Wenhawk wrote:
It's hard to imagin spending a high pick to upgrade our OL. We have a ton of depth and with Carpenter coming back he will be in aheated battle for the LG. At RG we have the Moffit v Sweezy and I think they are both very capable. Either Carpenter or MQuistion could fill in at any guard or tackle position so to me i don't want to mess with a good thing. I Cable is soo lw on Moffit I can see us getting another Guard to challenge but i'd be surprised if we invested heavy towards the OL in the draft this year.

This right here.

And I'm convinced on Sweezy being the real deal just raw right now

Depth at WR and TE really seem like the only spots we may target on offense

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:37 am 
NET Veteran

Can I get a pause!? We're discussing how much DEPTH we have at OL. Wow...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 am 
NET Starter

As far as Sweezy goes, I'd like to see how he can improve this offseason. He was a converted DT, so mistakes were expected from him. His pass blocking was horrible at some points, but he was very good at run blocking.

The battle between Sweezy and Moffit at RG will be interesting. I don't see us drafting an OL within the first three rounds either, the players we have now are sufficient.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]