Wagner as WLB

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Before the season I thought I remembered Pete talking about how they were going to see how Wagner does at MLB, but also thought he could play on the outside. Consider Wagner does have a ton of speed I think he could handle WLB, he seemed to have some success rushing the passer so maybe he'd get more opportunities on the outside. Does anyone else see us potentially moving Wagner outside and drafting a new MLB if the value is there? Or is this just a crazy idea?

bellingerga

Reaction score
Why move him from the spot he did extroardinarily well at, for a Rookie. He should have been rookie of the year IMO, and he's only going to get better.

You don't fix something that's not broken. Just leave him there and draft a WLB

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If they found somebody who could play MLB better than Wagz and thought Wagz would be the best option at WLB then sure. Doubt they're gonna do anything crazy unless they're absolutely certain though, so probably not.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I get Wagner was successful at MLB and why change a good thing right, but i was just thinking if we can get an equivilant at MLB easier than an WLB. I figure Wagz could play WLB. It migth cost us a 2nd to get a starting WLB but if we could get a starting MLB in the 3rd would that be worth it?

Axx

Reaction score
its like saying we should move sherman to WR.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Leave him there and draft someone to slide into the other LB slots. Him and KJ are beasts, one more guy with their potential and loooook out. Excited.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Move someone who is excelling at a very critical position -possibly the most critical position because it affects the entire D- and move him to a less critical one? :34853_doh: This off season can't end soon enough. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Axx":394090ax said:
its like saying we should move sherman to WR.

No more like if we had a need for CB should we move Earl to CB and draft Vaccora. Although Vaccora is not better than ET, where as there could be a MLB better than Wagner, Teo, Ogletree, and Minter could all Start at MLB day one.

Would Wagner be a good WLB? Better than Green, Brown or any other WLB prospect this year, Why?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Say we drafted Ogletree, would you let him compete with Wagner at MLB and let the loser play WLB?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If they the idea of improving the WLB spot, why not just find someone that has already excelled there instead of moving a player from a different spot there? Keep Bobby where he is and find someone through FA or the draft to become our next WLB.

kearly

Reaction score
You aren't crazy Wenhawk. I think Wagner's skillset (strong vs pass weak vs run) suits him best at WLB.

That said, this draft is a lot deeper at WLB than it is at MLB, and if Seattle drafts somebody like Greene, Brown, or Ogletree, then I'd imagine Wagner would probably stay put.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":341v9rmk said:
You aren't crazy Wenhawk. I think Wagner's skillset (strong vs pass weak vs run) suits him best at WLB.

That said, this draft is a lot deeper at WLB than it is at MLB, and if Seattle drafts somebody like Greene, Brown, or Ogletree, then I'd imagine Wagner would probably stay put.

?? Wagner does just fine against the run. Our DL has lacked against it at times, but Wagner largely has not. He will progress even further in year 2. Playing musical MLB every year is ridiculously Maddenesche. Wagner is doing great...especially when one considers he was a rookie playing in that very important and difficult position.

chris98251

Reaction score
He must of done ok against the run to be considered for DROTY I would think. Next up lets move Lynch to strong safety and Kam to Fullback.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Because sliding a guy who would fit great and was even projected by many to play the WILL is that crazy. Wagner had a really good rookie season, he did have trouble with the run at times, though and he hasn't proven himself elite or anything. I don't think it'll happen, but it's not that crazy of a thought that another LB could be brought in and the perfect recipe involves Wagner at WLB.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If we find another QB in the draft, do we move RW to Tight End? ... Just asking !!! The guy who drove him out of NC State (Mike Glennon) will be available. He is taller than RW (6ft6 ) and has a cannon arm and the ESPN scout love him and he looks like Andrew Luck and .... lol