SHERM!

streets24

Reaction score
Don't know if this has ever been posted before and was wondering why we never used Sherman's at wide out to stretch field a little on a play here or there. Heard he was a hell of a receiver and some of his picks were like he was running the route lol. Dude can play! That is my next jersey. Mr. Sherman #25. BOOM!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm guessing they don't want to risk injuring their best player on defense just to stretch the field on a few plays of offense. Sherm, however, did say recently he was going to play a little receiver during OTAs.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.

pehawk

Reaction score
I listened to a WSU pregame last year and Sherm's name came up. The way they told it, he was good, and torched WSU in one particular game.

I looked at some of his WR highlights. It'll come as a shock to no one, but he seemed to show up when the game was on the line. He made a HUGE catch, while taking a brutal hit, on the final drive of Harbaugh's initial win at USC.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He's an All-Pro CB. I'd prefer he do the hitting rather than get hit.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sorry Basis and Soc, we'll try to keep this forum free of fun hypotheticals. I mean, its the offseason and there's plenty to discuss. And, two-way players are unprecedented, its never happened. Not even Neon did it.

JKent82

Reaction score
I wanna see it!

Doesn't he sit in on receiver meetings sometimes? Or am I totally making this up in my head? I swear I remember a story like that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":3mkhk61h said:
Sorry Basis and Soc, we'll try to keep this forum free of fun hypotheticals. I mean, its the offseason and there's plenty to discuss. And, two-way players are unprecedented, its never happened. Not even Neon did it.

You do realize i'm allowed disagree, right?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2va9e04o said:
It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.

I watched an interview of Harbaugh's a while back. When it was brought up, he said that Sherman was the one who initiated the idea, not Harbaugh.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1xr2hbg2 said:
SharkHawk":1xr2hbg2 said:

I watched an interview of Harbaugh's a while back. When it was brought up, he said that Sherman was the one who initiated the idea, not Harbaugh.

It's a bit of both, but yes. It was Sherman's idea:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seaha ... 00233.html

redhawk253

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2cr5wu4n said:
SharkHawk":2cr5wu4n said:

saw it in a post on here before about one of our members meeting richard sherman.. lets just say harbaugh is kind of passing the buck... this was the interaction we got from our member talking to sherm..

I said to him, "you have played for two very good coaches, I’m sure that you can talk about something they've told you to push you harder and be successful" He replied to me and said "I only played for one good coach, I hated Harbaugh and at one point I was almost released from the team, I had to switch to DB or I would be a gonner". I was really surprised! He went on to talk about how Baldwin and Harbaugh were not on best terms as well but did not eleborate...not really sure what that meant.

harbaugh is a douchebag and the whole league knows it now.. everyone saw him throwing temper tantrums during the superbowl and im sure soon enough there will be some guys that leave san fran that have the same to say...

pehawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":zhp4vk2v said:
SharkHawk":zhp4vk2v said:

Yeah, the long n short is Harbaugh kinda plays favorites like a HS girl at times. Dont get all emotional about that, Holmgren did that too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3tuhxknb said:
SharkHawk":3tuhxknb said:

He never said or implied that it was Harbaugh's idea. We had a big thread about this like 6 months ago, and Sherman was quoted as saying he made the decision to do it because he'd be able to avoid Harbaugh most of the time.

Doesn't bode well for your coach. Things are fine while he's winning a ton, but I imagine the players will turn on him rather quickly whenever that changes.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
This was brought up on the radio when I lived in San Diego after the first draft with Harbaugh as the HC for the 49ers

Long story short: Sherm went from being a WR at the top of the depth charts to the bottom because of some altercation between Sherman and Harbaugh. Source said this basically had nearly everything to do with Harbaugh (shocking, I know). He then initiated the idea at moving to CB because he didn't want to be mistreated and be on the bench rather than starting.

I don't remember the source. It was before Sherman blew up and he was not Seattle based, so it was no biased at all. Well, unless he doesn't like Harbaugh I guess.

They then went on to interview a kid that played for Harbaugh from the University of San Diego. He said he was a great coach and not surprised he got the job for Stanford and then for San Fransisco, but that he was a complete asshole and a lot of players did not really like him. He went on to talk about his competitiveness, ego, etc... Just thought I would throw this in :)

He gave it a shot and was obviously a stud CB as well.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.

pehawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1z0kecl6 said:
Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.

Yeah, because I think humility when I think of Harbaugh.

49er fans are fascinating...they will not give an inch on this issue.

pinksheets

Reaction score
pehawk":566zgak2 said:
NinerLifer":566zgak2 said:

Yeah, because I think humility when I think of Harbaugh.

49er fans are fascinating...they will not give an inch on this issue.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When people throw childlike tantrums in the public eye, it's the result of a sense of entitlement, which last time I checked, is not humility.

Jville

Reaction score
Yea .... that family sets the SF example for wanting to "move on with humble hearts"

"That's really a tough question because I really don't like Seattle at all " ..... Sarah Harbaugh

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'd be a little tentative about moving him to receiver a bunch, but I'd love to see the occasional offensive play a la Seneca Wallace in the '05 NFC Championship game. That'd be quite a wrinkle.

Still, it's pretty hard for guys to play both sides of the field these days. At least Wallace was an offensive player who really didn't see the field much.

Oh, and:

NinerLifer":1807nd8k said:

I like it!

4JCINXy

"Move on with humble hearts."

- Jim Harbaugh