Now it’s the Titans studying the Seahawks’ offense

Jville

Reaction score
Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains is saying he’ll study the Seahawks, among other teams, to devise ways to use the athletic ability of former University of Washington QB Jake Locker in zone-read schemes.
It's a dynamic process in a dynamic league ...... learn and adapt.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/02/14/now-its-the-titans-studying-the-seahawks-offense/[/urltargetblank]

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
djTOY2000":khlxjkyx said:
are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?

It's just amazing what has happened to the national perception of our team! It's just like the fog cleared and the Seahawks are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL. If you have any doubts...just look where the money is going in Las Vegas.

seattlest7

Reaction score
I know our championship window is wide open, and there's no roster in NFL I'd trade ours for, but stuff like this really makes me feel even worse about the Atlanta game. We were the hot team going into playoffs that no one wanted to play, the one with the new innovative and unstoppable offense putting up historic numbers - 3 straight 50+ scores, etc - but we couldn't close deal this year like NYG did last year and GB the year before. And now everyone is going to school on and will be able to scheme against the offense in future.

Really feels like stars were aligned for us this past year. I don't feel as bad as I did right after the Atlanta loss, but the last few weeks I've been feeling more and more like we missed out on an unbelievable opportunity this past year. One we may not get again now that everyones studying our offense and duplicating the best parts of it.

E36M3

Reaction score
Regarding the ATL game, the loss of Clemons the week before really killed us. I'm not sure we get past SF or BAL without him even if we hang on against ATL.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seattlest7":1ud5rlzt said:
I know our championship window is wide open, and there's no roster in NFL I'd trade ours for, but stuff like this really makes me feel even worse about the Atlanta game. We were the hot team going into playoffs that no one wanted to play, the one with the new innovative and unstoppable offense putting up historic numbers - 3 straight 50+ scores, etc - but we couldn't close deal this year like NYG did last year and GB the year before. And now everyone is going to school on and will be able to scheme against the offense in future.

Really feels like stars were aligned for us this past year. I don't feel as bad as I did right after the Atlanta loss, but the last few weeks I've been feeling more and more like we missed out on an unbelievable opportunity this past year. One we may not get again now that everyones studying our offense and duplicating the best parts of it.

Oh ye of little faith. We have quite a few things in our base attack that are hard to stop, regardless of defensive game plan. All it take is few twists to keep 'em off balance.

And let's not forget we have a QB that tilts the field with his multiple threats, preparation, leadership and ability to improvise. We aren't talking about a one trick pony who only leans on his athletic ability (Mike Vick). That QB will have full reps with his receivers in TC and pre season. Not to mention Russell will be entrusted with making all of the calls next season. Would you bet against him quickly mastering that after what we've witnessed so far?

Stop our offense? All plans look good on paper. Slow them down for half of a game?...maybe :cool:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1m9nkutf said:
djTOY2000":1m9nkutf said:

It's just amazing what has happened to the national perception of our team! It's just like the fog cleared and the Seahawks are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL. If you have any doubts...just look where the money is going in Las Vegas.

Very encouraging, but we're not completely clear of the fog yet. Just going to the NFL section of various websites will reveal most every team except the Hawks being mentioned. There is still ZERO Seahawks hats, T-shirts etc at my overseas military exchange, but you cam find all of the larger-market teams.
My hope is the success of our team combined with the star power of PC, RW, Sherm etc will allow us to grab a larger market share, thus becoming more prominent. The 'success' will probably have to include a couple of SB victories, but why stop at 2? :cool:

birdman5

Reaction score
Regarding the article. Not sure the read option is the right thing for Jake. I love Jake but when they tried it at UW, he didn't do so well. Never seemed to make the right read.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Yup...Good Luck teams, you might have the blueprint...but we have Russell "the Robot" Wilson.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Can Jake make good decisions in that style of offense? Running a successful option scheme takes more than just athleticism. RG3 and Kaepernick had years to learn the scheme in college. RW is a film-room beast and the definition of poise, so there's nothing schematically that he can't pick up on short notice. Those three guys also have above-average accuracy and arm strength, which is an essential element at the NFL level. You gotta be able to put the defenders on their heels a bit on the QB keepers. Otherwise, you're just running what Denver had with Tebow.

The read-option is only becoming a trend now because all these athletic QBs can throw the ball as well as any top-10 pocket passer. This type of talent is still extremely rare. There's no magic to it, and it's not going to work for every team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jake simply has not avoided big hits in his career. No way running a read option is a long term solution for the Titans, Jake will get hurt.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I like the idea if it's done in moderation like we do it. Use the read option to get Locker moving outside the pocket where he plays his best.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
We really don't run a pure read option. Wilson sidesteps to open up throwing lanes and really only runs when he has to.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20suumbm said:
Jake simply has not avoided big hits in his career. No way running a read option is a long term solution for the Titans, Jake will get hurt.

Yep.

Jake is too head-strong to be a long term QB anywhere or at any level, IMO. He plays every snap like time is expiring and the title is at stake. He shoulda' been a RB or safety. He still has not developed touch on his ball..long or short... and seems to get frustrated by that. When he gets frustrated, he runs, then wants to inflict bodily harm on would be tacklers. It's a recipe for disaster at this level. I think the Titans are going to hang him out to dry. Get what they can out of him then send him limping back to Ferndale. I love the kids fire and his loyalty to the Dawgs, but the smarter play would have been to come out early (to get that pre-cap money). I don't think he will be in the NFL much longer. Go Dawgs. Go Jake Locker.

zayden185

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1lvwiuj8 said:

It's actually South East Alaska

Born and raised

NW 48