Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2443
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
We got M-Rob as a #3

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I like the Pryor idea, but doubt the Raiders are ready to part ways.

Man, its FUN discussing back-up QB possibilities. Way more fun than the discussing starting QB possibilities.

The PS dude that started Week 17 for the Browns looked intriguing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
tooshort wrote:
here's an easy qualifier of "can't throw and isn't a real QB"

Tim Tebow in 15 career starts has 12 games at or UNDER 50% completion percentage and a whopping ONE game over 56% with a total career average of 47.9%

Argue away for the reality of those numbers representing a "real" qb :pukeface:


lets have some fun and go over your "end all" career completion % information that constitutes a "real" QB

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

Were you one of the racist who said Doug was not a real QB, or are you just religiously bias?
George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame, Did anyone question if he was a "real" QB

And if career % mattered at all to determine if you are a "real" QB, I don't think T-jack and Dan Marino would be locked up at 59.4%

The list goes on and on of QBs who had a rough 15 games and then went on to greatness!

If you play a QB, you are a QB, its that simple...don't be someone's tool.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4362
Location: Southern CA
Spokane wrote:
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem

That might be because he threw a grand total of 8 passes.

In 2011, as a starter, his completion rate was 46.5%.

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/profile

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3087
sc85sis wrote:
Spokane wrote:
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem

That might be because he threw a grand total of 8 passes.

In 2011, as a starter, his completion rate was 46.5%.


To be fair to Tebow, Denver only really allowed him to throw the ball on low-percentage third-and-long plays.

I still don't think he's a legit NFL QB. But I'd like to see him start somewhere (else) just for the entertainment value.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:11 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12358
Location: Anchorage, AK
Spokane wrote:
tooshort wrote:
here's an easy qualifier of "can't throw and isn't a real QB"

Tim Tebow in 15 career starts has 12 games at or UNDER 50% completion percentage and a whopping ONE game over 56% with a total career average of 47.9%

Argue away for the reality of those numbers representing a "real" qb :pukeface:


lets have some fun and go over your "end all" career completion % information that constitutes a "real" QB

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

Were you one of the racist who said Doug was not a real QB, or are you just religiously bias?
George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame, Did anyone question if he was a "real" QB

And if career % mattered at all to determine if you are a "real" QB, I don't think T-jack and Dan Marino would be locked up at 59.4%

The list goes on and on of QBs who had a rough 15 games and then went on to greatness!

If you play a QB, you are a QB, its that simple...don't be someone's tool.


Why is it that the completion percentage is such a great indicator when you originally used it, but it's not a great indicator when it's shown to go against what you originally thought and posted?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1048
Missing_Clink wrote:
Regardless of how we feel about it...I too am sensing a very realistic possibility of a Seahawks - TJack reunion.

Good point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
When Tebow does complete passes, it's in scenarios where he buys time. I.e., anything NOT involving a traditional 5-7 step drop. He'll never be accurate in a "drop and throw to that spot" system. But, that's not what Seattle runs either, really.

He played in Denver kinda similar to Wilson the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Tim was ugly, yet clutch.

I get it, the anti-Tebow thing's the hipster thing to do, because you can buck ESPN and the national coverage machine, but he would NOT be an awful choice. Not at all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm
Posts: 912
Location: in "The" mouth
Spokane wrote:
tooshort wrote:
here's an easy qualifier of "can't throw and isn't a real QB"

Tim Tebow in 15 career starts has 12 games at or UNDER 50% completion percentage and a whopping ONE game over 56% with a total career average of 47.9%

Argue away for the reality of those numbers representing a "real" qb :pukeface:


lets have some fun and go over your "end all" career completion % information that constitutes a "real" QB

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

Were you one of the racist who said Doug was not a real QB, or are you just religiously bias?
George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame, Did anyone question if he was a "real" QB

And if career % mattered at all to determine if you are a "real" QB, I don't think T-jack and Dan Marino would be locked up at 59.4%

The list goes on and on of QBs who had a rough 15 games and then went on to greatness!

If you play a QB, you are a QB, its that simple...don't be someone's tool.


So we're arguing over the definition or implication of the word real? :177692:
everyone that plays QB is a QB, some just suck at what they do.

Religious bias? Racism? whaaaaaa??? Troll much?

_________________
Wilson after ATL- " before I got back to the tunnel, walking off the field, I got so excited for the next opportunity"

"I have a lot of things built up in me that I'm ready to unleash on the field.....when it's time to explode, I will." - Percy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the completion percentage is such a great indicator when you originally used it, but it's not a great indicator when it's shown to go against what you originally thought and posted?


The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and last year Tim made 75% of his passes.

So with that I was trying to say, "Hey wait a minute, you may think he is inaccurate, but just last year he proved us all wrong when given the chance".

Then one fine member got crafty and pulled out all the stops to find a negative within Tim's game with a career stat (to show Tebow is not a real QB) . However I noted that there were other QBs with worse career stats however they are considered very good.

I think we all have missed on the answer to finding Wilson Jr! And the winner is...Denard "Shoelace" Robinson from Michigan. He is the fastest QB in the nation. He runs a 4.3 40


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:42 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
tooshort wrote:
So we're arguing over the definition or implication of the word real? :177692:
everyone that plays QB is a QB, some just suck at what they do.

Religious bias? Racism? whaaaaaa??? Troll much?


Before you call names remember you said Tim was not a QB, but then you switched to the idea that "He sucks" That is a huge difference.
Now you are trying to act like you were using a QB tier system like WR vs. a #1 WR.
If you say something, stick to your guns or admit you were wrong (it happens to all of us) Don't try to find loopholes to cover up your beliefs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:47 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
I'd trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ! straight up. Then they'd have both the QB's that look exactly like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I'd trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ! straight up. Then they'd have both the QB's that look exactly like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

LOL you're right. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a dead ringer for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Flynn looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
pinksheets wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I'd trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ! straight up. Then they'd have both the QB's that look exactly like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

LOL you're right. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a dead ringer for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Flynn looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.


Nobody looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick than Ryan Fitzpatrick but Matt Flynn is a close 2nd. Except at football. Fitz > Flynn.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
lets check the tape...pretty freaking close!


Attachments:
fitz.jpg
fitz.jpg [ 3.99 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]
flynn.jpg
flynn.jpg [ 6.66 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
Not bad. Not bad at all.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Zeb, you're looking at those pictures and you're going to tell me that Flynn isn't at least 20% more Fitz than Fitz?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
I'll give you 20.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Colt McCoy is growing a beard, and I'd hope he'd join his crew in Buffalo. 3 small white guys, w/weak arms, championship.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
Now we got us a thread goin'!!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3174
Spokane wrote:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13434
Location: King In The North
scutterhawk wrote:
Spokane wrote:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


Similar skill set, I'd say. Physically at least. Not the same skill level though.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2226
Throwdown wrote:
If Tahj Boyd slips? maybe? Matt Scott? thats just the draft though...

Josh Portis is still out there... :)

Boyd isn't in this years draft.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
scutterhawk wrote:
Spokane wrote:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.


So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:09 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
Spokane wrote:
scutterhawk wrote:
Spokane wrote:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.


So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.


You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Scottemojo wrote:

You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.


First off and most importantly thank you for my new signature, I did not think any phrase would be as cool as "that is all" But for my money shameless stat slinger is pretty close.

Yes I am handing out a lazy analysis for some back up on the other side of the country, I have no clue who our own 3rd string guy is at the moment

Left handed dudes always seem to be herky jerky whenever they move, so you have to expect a little lawn chair throwing motion with him. That guy gets a ton of crap for his play, so he has to go head first just to get every yard. If he didn't, some stat slinger would not be able to defend his 3.2 yards per carry. Hey give him the ball all 4 downs and he can rush it in for a TD with those numbers. Long story short, Tim fits the mold PC is looking for and should come cheap if we choose to trade for him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 568
Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17258
Location: Graham, WA
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:


Man we're Russellin'

Which is 1000000000000000000000000x better than both those scrubs.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1048
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2013/02/07/nick-florence-baylor-bears-nfl-draft-robert-griffin-rg3-rgiii/1900755/

Florence from Baylor seems to have some similar attributes to Wilson. Could we sign this guy after the draft as a project?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17258
Location: Graham, WA
brimsalabim wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2013/02/07/nick-florence-baylor-bears-nfl-draft-robert-griffin-rg3-rgiii/1900755/

Florence from Baylor seems to have some similar attributes to Wilson. Could we sign this guy after the draft as a project?


I think he pulled out of the draft to pursue an even higher education

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1048
If he doesn't go through the draft could he still be signed after it? Seattle might be a good fit for him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 181
Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

Quote:
Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2765
fridayfrenzy wrote:
Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

Quote:
Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Is that the main reason we need him?

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2267
pehawk wrote:
When Tebow does complete passes, it's in scenarios where he buys time. I.e., anything NOT involving a traditional 5-7 step drop. He'll never be accurate in a "drop and throw to that spot" system. But, that's not what Seattle runs either, really.

He played in Denver kinda similar to Wilson the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Tim was ugly, yet clutch.

I get it, the anti-Tebow thing's the hipster thing to do, because you can buck ESPN and the national coverage machine, but he would NOT be an awful choice. Not at all.


I disagree, So it's hip to point out the obvious? He not only is a terrible player. But the over-the-top media coverage would be a complete distraction. If You think having "HARDKNOCKS" would be bad, Tebow would be infinately worse. It would be a circus.

If you want to only score 14-17 points a game than by all means sign Tebow. That's all he's good for. When he was with Denver they lead the league in 3-and-out's. Under NO circumstances would I want Tebow in Seattle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
jlwaters1 wrote:
So it's hip to point out the obvious? It would be a circus.

This is where the whole mimicking ESPN makes a person a tool comes into play. Yes we are going back to being REAL for a moment due to You need to be brought back to reality.

So ask yourself, does Tebow bring an elephant, tiger, 3 rings, trapeze act, and a big tent to work everyday? No. So why say circus? Why? Because you mimic rather then speak for yourself. ESPN tells you something and you can't follow fast enough!

Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Bipolar wrote:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 am
Posts: 67
Seneca Wallace. Knows the West Coast system, older but still athletic as heck and will accept being a back up. Seneca should not be a starter but can win you a few games as a back up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
I am down with SW! I think he was a .500 QB as a Hawk, but that is fine as a fill in dude. At worst we need a 3rd string guy as well!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
The Seahawks offense is the best fit for Tebow, if ever their was one.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9135
Location: Renton Wa.
Spokane wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
Spokane wrote:

Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.


You mean the team that couldn't trade away that 33 million contract fast enough and the GM that got fired? LOL, not good examples if you're trying to prove your point.

You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12358
Location: Anchorage, AK
:roll: I can't believe we are still talking about Tim Tebow :roll:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 568
kidhawk wrote:
:roll: I can't believe we are still talking about Tim Tebow :roll:

There is a curse placed upon that name such that whoever speaks his name is compelled to talk about him until ears bleed.
What might work is if we refer to him as Jesus Christ Superstar from now on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Spokane wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


Who here is following what crowd?

The "hipster" Tebow crowd began with those that thought an under developed quarterback who struggled mightily throwing the ball can be a championship quality starter. I lived in Denver when Tebow was drafted by the Broncos. I saw first hand the crowd that would ignore those in the media and NFL that presented fair and reasonable reasons why Tebow did not have what it took to be a great quarterback. It was the "hip" thing to downplay any of his negatives and instead focus on him being "a winner" and using similar "shameless stat slinging" as you have used to say that those who are against Tebow are simply using a follow the herd mentality. And it hasn't changed!

A few seasons later, following a path of GM and coach firings, it's become more evident that the masses were right to began with, but it still the "hip" thing to do is to take the opposite approach of the majority; that Tebow can be a great QB.

I've said before that I'd be willing to even trade a 7th for Tebow to be our 3rd string QB if Pete can find use of him, but I was of the mindset his "circus days" were behind him (and please don't argue the literal use of these words. It is simply a metaphor). Now, I'm starting to feel I might be wrong on that.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
chris98251 wrote:
Spokane wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................


Touche! It should be noted that MR was the 2nd leading WR on the team and 3rd leading rusher his last year at Penn. He could play LT, the guy rocks!


Last edited by Spokane on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Sgt. Largent wrote:
You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.


At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12358
Location: Anchorage, AK
Spokane wrote:
my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk)


:th2thumbs: :0190l: :thirishdrinkers:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
Spokane wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.


At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch


Not sure why you're hung up on the word "circus," like it's demeaning, derogatory or a personal offense to you and Tim Tebow's family.

Circus, distraction, it's the same thing.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Spokane wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch


If TO, Moss or whomever else had daily pressconference before ever playing a down with their teams they would have been considered 100 times the problems they got credit for being. Tebow getting up on a podium every single day was / is by choice. Seeking the media attention he seeks is a CHOICE. He seeks it for his reasons and beliefs and that makes him a media whore. I don't care if the reasons are good / benefit others or whatever but you cannot claim that he doesn't seek it out. The other players were in several incidents but NONE of them did it on a daily basis like Tebow.

And one other DETAIL. Moss, TO and Brett Favre were at the height of their career some of the best to ever play the game. They EARNED the right to speak up and be in the news.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AVL, bafloyd11, BCHawk, CHawks4L, chihawk, fenderbender123, FlyingGreg, Google [Bot], grizbob, hawknation2014, Jayburd14, Majestic-12 [Bot], McG, mindyhawk12, NorthwestSportsFan, oldhawkfan, SeahawksMSHing, SeahawksRawk, Smellyman, TzarokHawkFan, UK_Seahawk, valleyflyfisher, volsunghawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 110 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.