Fresh Seahawk QB news

Spokane

Reaction score
Seahawks | Likely will look to add athletic QB
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:16:11 -0800

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll would like the team to add an athletic quarterback that has a similar skill set to QB Rusell Wilson this offseason.

Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Will listen to offers for Matt Flynn
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:10:55 -0800

The Seattle Seahawks do not have to trade QB Matt Flynn this offseason but general manager John Schneider will listen to offer for him.

Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2KucUWBiv

I think Flynn will be needed else where and is good as gone!

Throwdown

Reaction score
If Tahj Boyd slips? maybe? Matt Scott? thats just the draft though...

Josh Portis is still out there... :)

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I think most of us expect to sign Tavaris in the wake on a Flynn trade. or I am the only one?

But its not like the position matters lol

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
The big question is who has the same skill set as Wilson? And at what price? Maybe the draft again.

kidhawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":4ps1ayn5 said:
I think most of us expect to sign Tavaris in the wake on a Flynn trade. or I am the only one?

You probably aren't the only one, but Let's just not retread the T-Jack stuff. Better he just stay gone.

As for the OP, of course we are getting a qb this offseason. No team in it's right mind goes through the offseason with 2 quarterbacks. We will likely bring in 2 qb's just cuz

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the success of all these young QB's is going to hurt Flynn's trade value this year, what with college QB's coming out ready to start from day #1. No longer is the norm to draft and develop and go sign another team's backup while that happens.

The trend is now to go out and find your own young dynamic QB. This way you don't have to give up draft picks for guys like Smith and Flynn, you don't have to absorb their contracts either.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":12pclgvg said:

TJ is under contract iirc and i dont think this FO is gana trade for him again. i would rather draft a 6/7th rounder but i wouldnt complain if TJ ended up on the team again. he already knows our WRs (sorta)

Jac

Reaction score
One really amazing aspect with respect to how Schneider has handled the QB position (in light of Ruskell's negligence and his personal miss on Whitehurst) is that not only did he find a franchise QB, he put together enough of a pipeline to get a draft pick out of Jackson and perhaps another out of Flynn...in 2-3 offseasons of work. Not even GB got to cash on Flynn draft pick wise.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Regardless of how we feel about it...I too am sensing a very realistic possibility of a Seahawks - TJack reunion.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":34srghyz said:
Regardless of how we feel about it...I too am sensing a very realistic possibility of a Seahawks - TJack reunion.

Keep in mind that being able to drop back and throw the ball accurately is also part of Wilson's skill set. He has become a throwing QB that can use his legs, not a runner that can be forced to throw by a good D.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Please put the crack pipe down, JK.

Been there done that.

I would rather trust an unknown vs. Mr. make the wrong decision at the worst time TJ.

GO HAWKS!!!

EastCoastHawksFan":1r0vf4a1 said:

pehawk

Reaction score
I always thought TJack's running ability was overrated. The indecision of when to run is on par with his indecision throwing the ball. 10 years ago Seneca would be ideal.

Dixon, maybe?

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
If Tjack had any value other then that year we needed any goat/warm body to get us through the year, I think the FO would have tucked him away at the 3rd string spot.

We are moving on, expect a young Wilson type, IMHO

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
pehawk":zd8v4bho said:
I always thought TJack's running ability was overrated. The indecision of when to run is on par with his indecision throwing the ball. 10 years ago Seneca would be ideal.

Dixon, maybe?

Dixon just signed a 2 year deal with the Eagles.

I don't understand the TJack talk, just because he played here in the past doesn't mean he's what we're limited to. Pretend guys that leave have never played here and look at it that way.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I would welcome T-jack back. Hell, who better to take over a series or God forbid a game or two. He has an arm, he has legs he just doesn't have the ability to extend the plays like RW does. Look at the O-line we put him out there with, jeezus. I think with our improved O-line play it just may work out. T-jack is one tough SOB. Just my opinion.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e5z85mo6 said:
I think the success of all these young QB's is going to hurt Flynn's trade value this year, what with college QB's coming out ready to start from day #1. No longer is the norm to draft and develop and go sign another team's backup while that happens.

The trend is now to go out and find your own young dynamic QB. This way you don't have to give up draft picks for guys like Smith and Flynn, you don't have to absorb their contracts either.

Except unlike last year, this years crop is crap. The reason Flynn only had 2 teams approach him last year was because of last years draft class. This year, not so good. I foresee at least 5 teams in the market for a free agent QB.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good for Dixon. I'm eager to see how that offense works in the NFL. I hope Vick's the last "high-priced" guy Chip's offense ever sees, I want to see FULL spread with little regard for injured QB's. Sign 3 Dixon types, and go for it.

Well, I'm nuts, but I still want Young brought in for a tryout. The culture and program's to the point he wont do damage, and may flourish, ya never know. I'd prefer whomever it is to AT LEAST have been in the NFL as a backup...pick up a late-round toy...but have one vet too.

Chase Daniel or Tebow are guys I'd also consider.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Draft for need in the first two rounds, then a QB in the 3rd. It worked last year.

Dear draft gurus, who has the same skill set as RW in this years draft?