Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus035

Reaction score
Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
With Wilson at QB Harvin would be deadly.
That would be a great move as long as they got another WR or drafted one as well.

Geologic

Reaction score
I don't think we should spend money on another YAC Wide Receiver when we have Tate and Baldwin. While Harvin is on another talent level then those two, I'd still rather see the Seahawks sign a deep threat receiver instead if the Seahawks sign a big name WR during free agency.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Isnt Garvin a slot receiver? Wouldn't that make Baldwin the poor man's Harvin?

mech.romance

Reaction score
Harvin has some character issues that I would be worried about. He fought teammates and punched coaches in Florida, and everything hasn't exactly been kosher in Vikings. Percy Harvin may be an impact player, but I'm not sure if he risk is worth the reward that you get with him.

Reaction score
Doesn't Harvin have Migraine problems or something of that sort? But yes Havin in this Offense would be Awesome!

dunceface

Reaction score
I love Percy Harvin but I really just don't see us doing THAT much in FA this year...

Rat

Reaction score
The Vikings seem pretty committed to Ponder for the time being, for some reason, so I doubt they'd do that deal. However, Harvin is only 24 and already one of the best wideouts in the game. I'd have no problem sending them our first rounder.

Axx

Reaction score
dunceface":1c0mpupv said:
I love Percy Harvin but I really just don't see us doing THAT much in FA this year...
Percy Harvin ≠ win in Atlanta

TJH

Reaction score
Harvin is waaaaay better than Tate or Baldwin.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I think it would cost too much to acquire him, he's a great athlete but I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him and I'm sure that's what it's going to take.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The operative word in this thread title is "availability". When Harvin isn't experiencing migranes, and/or can stay on the field, he is definitely top notch. It's been suggested we pick him up (basically) to replace Tate. IMO, that would be a huge error and a huge step backwards with our O progress. We've spent a lot of time and money developing Tate and his recent success suggests that was time and money well spent. Add to that the fact he has a year with Wilson, building chemistry, and we'd be insane to even think about reducing his role.

I would definitely like to pick up a burner, but don't believe we absolutely need one. Not bad enough to mess with the current chemistry and not bad enough to dole out a fortune for. I'm hoping such money is spent on the D line, LB and an upgrade to the O line. I'm hopeful JS and PC have their sights set on some mid to late-round burner that we will cost us peanuts while developing. Regardless, Wilson is going to score us points, bank on that.

misfit

Reaction score
Harvin is a #1.

Seattle has not had a true #1 WR since Steve Largent.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
misfit":gz36mtci said:
Harvin is a #1.

Seattle has not had a true #1 WR since Steve Largent.

Rice is borderline #1 so this will mearly be a luxury roster addition. Can you make a role for a player like him? Absolutely. But it is completely a luxury and not a need what so ever.

Rat

Reaction score
How is an explosive offensive weapon a "luxury"? We need playmaking receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts