Would you bring back Kelly Jennings to play nickel?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'd bring him back the second we played the All-Leprechaun League.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18615
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • Kelly Jennings really? Come on man, get a hold of yourself.....
    Every week is a championship week, every day is a championship day.
    User avatar
    hawkpride
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm


  • Is he still even in the NFL?
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I know he got beat consistently badly on the outside, but he was always in the receivers hip pocket.

    Would he be ok in the slot against smaller pass catchers?


    They considered that before moving on to life after Jennings. I think Kelly is strickly a perimeter receiver that stuggles with physical receivers.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3466
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • I wouldn't bring Kelly Jennings back FOR a nickel!

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • You must be a niner troll trying stir things up by asking a rediculous question like that. i would almost rather play with LB at the cb spot than see jennings here again. just his name on the roster is a liability
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 106
    Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:03 am


  • :187734: Yeah while we're at it let's bring back Tim Ruskell and Juilus Jones. There's some names I haven't heard in a while. Kelly Jennings? Not even funny. :141847_bnono:
    User avatar
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 903
    Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
    Location: Seattle , Wa


  • chris98251 wrote:Thats like asking if we should give Mora a chance at being our GM.



    We should at least bring Mora back to be our DB's coach.
    User avatar
    Smoke
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 594
    Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:34 am
    Location: Olympia, WA


  • NEVER NEVER NEVER
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1702
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC


  • What's wrong with kelly jennings? Too short?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I read the subject title of this thread.
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8080
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • :204070:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


  • I think Jennings was a decent cover corner. The problem was that he had no ball skills and he was eaten a live by more physical WRs. Kind of pointless to run stride for stride with your opponent when you do nothing to stop them from making the catch.

    No way he would survive on this team.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11455
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • Not a snowballs chance in hell!!
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 814
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 pm


  • Kelly Jennings and Josh Wilson

    Two guys I have no reason why people thought they were ever good. I still remember people being upset about Josh Wilson being traded. Couldn't believe it. It was right up there with people being upset when Tapp got traded.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


  • No. Not that I hate him like many around here, but we have better, younger options already here. Plus, it's easier to draft someone come April.

    It's more of a "what's the point" kind of question to me.

    :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10145
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • What was Jennings, like 5'9" or something? I'm really hoping the era of the sub 6' DB is over in Seattle.
    Image

    "Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1105
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:i would take curry back. I'm sure he's better than malcom smith. He just wasnt' nearly good enough for his contract, or starting.


    Dude. Curry is horrible and if I'm not mistaken out of the league right now.

    But, but, he was the best player available! We said screw drafting for needs, we draft the BPA. Cuz with Ruskell's godlike talent evaluations skillz he has to know who the BPA is.

    Well, except for Hutch who he was too stupid to hang onto. But who needs a guard right?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4650
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • Jennings did have god coverage skills and that worked for a while until QB's and QC's realized he made zero attempt to play the ball. He was simply a shadow that spooked QB's into thinking their receiver wasn't open.

    Like has been said, Jennings is not physical enough to play the nickle spot where he would be asked to support the run defense. He would probably spook QB's from time to time thinking their guy was covered but once they again figure him out, the QB's will simply ignore that Jennings is even there.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3015
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • Jennings wouldn't be good in the lingerie football league.
    User avatar
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 580
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm


  • Jennings not only couldn't tackle and he never looked for the ball, playing defense in the slot is more than just being fast, just because you're guarding slot receivers doesn't mean you don't need ball skills, you have to be able to break up passes often times when face-guarding a receiver. Horrible idea.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • RichNhansom wrote:Jennings did have god coverage skills and that worked for a while until QB's and QC's realized he made zero attempt to play the ball. He was simply a shadow that spooked QB's into thinking their receiver wasn't open.

    Like has been said, Jennings is not physical enough to play the nickle spot where he would be asked to support the run defense. He would probably spook QB's from time to time thinking their guy was covered but once they again figure him out, the QB's will simply ignore that Jennings is even there.


    Bingo don't forget with the back shoulder throw being so popular now the guy would be toast.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I know he got beat consistently badly on the outside, but he was always in the receivers hip pocket.

    Would he be ok in the slot against smaller pass catchers?

    HELL TO THE NO! Took 2 years too long to get rid of him the first time!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11494
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • He had one good year here...
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • Is this real life?
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2115
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:He had one good year here...


    Yeah If I remember there was one year he was injured and rarely saw the field.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • This post is a joke right?!
    Image

    “There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    User avatar
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • If he had better coaching he could have been good
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • If he had better coaching he could have been good
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • If he had better coaching he could have been good
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19134
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • I am a better lock down corner then Jennings.

    Suit me up! Full court press bitches!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • I don't think any player caused more frustration for me than Jennings. . . Always a finger nail away. Always in position it was incredible how close he was every time.
    Image

    Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    User avatar
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am
    Location: Bellevue, WA


  • Image

    In 91 career games, this is the only real impact play that he has made. It is interesting how many people say he never made a play on the ball since he always had about the same amount of passes defensed as Shawn Springs who most of the fans around here who never saw Dave Brown play considered to be our best corner until Richard Sherman came along. He simply gave up too many catches.
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1518
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • Slim could have been the man. It really is unfortunate what happened. Good rookie year then *poof*
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • Here's what I remember about Jennings. Yes he was always in his guys hip pocket, and was always in perfect position to tackle him AFTER he made the catch. I'm not sure I recall him ever defensing a ball thrown his way.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 347
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • No, let us never speak of this again!
    #NEXTMANUP
    User avatar
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2471
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am


  • 91 career games and he's amassed an astounding 2 interceptions and 1 forced fumble. The fact that he got burned constantly wouldn't be quite so bad if he could force a turnover more than once every 3 years (which is sadly actual average.)
    Image
    User avatar
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1008
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


  • So you're saying he has a lot of potential then.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • 2 words HELL NO!
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

    New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    User avatar
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 408
    Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am


  • Throwdown wrote:If he had better coaching he could have been good


    You can't coach instincts.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • BASF wrote:Image
    It is interesting how many people say he never made a play on the ball since he always had about the same amount of passes defensed as Shawn Springs.


    You totally made that up.

    Jennings had
    78 games 48 pass defended 2 interceptions

    Springs had
    77 games 83 passes defended 20 interceptions
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • If the moon was made of spare ribs...would you eat it?
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    User avatar
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss
     
    Posts: 1069
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
    Location: Charlottesville, VA


  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    BASF wrote:Image
    It is interesting how many people say he never made a play on the ball since he always had about the same amount of passes defensed as Shawn Springs.


    You totally made that up.

    Jennings had
    78 games 48 pass defended 2 interceptions

    Springs had
    77 games 83 passes defended 20 interceptions


    Not made up. Passes defensed is not available before the year 2001, so I am wondering where you came up with your numbers. After 2001 when the stats are actually available Springs had 4 in only 8 games, 12, 11, (with Washington: 12, 10, 9, 15 then became ineffective with age). Jennings from year to year was 6 in spot duty, 12, 12, 5 in spot duty, and 13. I am extremely curious where you found your passes defensed numbers. I also never mentioned interceptions as Jennings was pathetic in that category no matter what corner you try to compare him too.

    EDIT: Just found the numbers (I will have to look into why pro football reference doesn't have them) and Springs had one really good season with 21 PD, other than that he had two or three more than Jennings every season. Not that much of a difference as far as knocking the ball down.
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1518
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • BASF wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:
    BASF wrote:Image
    It is interesting how many people say he never made a play on the ball since he always had about the same amount of passes defensed as Shawn Springs.


    You totally made that up.

    Jennings had
    78 games 48 pass defended 2 interceptions

    Springs had
    77 games 83 passes defended 20 interceptions


    Not made up. Passes defensed is not available before the year 2001, so I am wondering where you came up with your numbers. After 2001 when the stats are actually available Springs had 4 in only 8 games, 12, 11, (with Washington: 12, 10, 9, 15 then became ineffective with age). Jennings from year to year was 6 in spot duty, 12, 12, 5 in spot duty, and 13. I am extremely curious where you found your passes defensed numbers. I also never mentioned interceptions as Jennings was pathetic in that category no matter what corner you try to compare him too.

    EDIT: Just found the numbers (I will have to look into why pro football reference doesn't have them) and Springs had one really good season with 21 PD, other than that he had two or three more than Jennings every season. Not that much of a difference as far as knocking the ball down.


    Springs had low overall PD numbers because he was injured a lot, however when healthy it isn't even close.

    Jennings knocked down .6 passes per game played, Springs knocked down a 1.1 passes per game played. So Springs pretty much had twice as many PD's as Jennings, THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE in knocking the ball down.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • Jesus Christ, Sac. Stop trolling our own forum by asking this.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25438
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • FortWorthSeahawk wrote:If the moon was made of spare ribs...would you eat it?


    I know I would, heck, I'd have seconds!
    User avatar
    Smoke
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 594
    Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:34 am
    Location: Olympia, WA


  • While were at it, why not bring back Hass and trade Rice?... :roll:
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23545
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Jesus Christ, Sac. Stop trolling our own forum by asking this.


    Oh please, this is a brilliant send up of all the stupid, X is available posts. I love it.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15149
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Oh please, this is a brilliant send up of all the stupid, X is available posts. I love it.


    Anything that makes me explosively vomit all over my monitor simply by reading the thread title is not brilliant or awesome! >.<
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25438
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Oh please, this is a brilliant send up of all the stupid, X is available posts. I love it.


    Anything that makes me explosively vomit all over my monitor simply by reading the thread title is not brilliant or awesome! >.<

    Andy Kaufman would disagree. If he weren't dead.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11031
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Next


It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information