Renewing Season Tix - advice?

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Bought my first Season Tix this year and well...was pretty awesome. Undefeated at home (including preseason), can't ask for more than that.

Put down my deposit to renew, but wondering if I should consider getting an additional seat. My daughter is 9 months old, so next season she will not be required to have another seat. However, I have no idea how easy/hard it is to find 3 seats together in a decent area/section. i.e. Right now I'm 332 row DD. So I'm pretty high up, but I got a nice sideline view of the field, and having aisle seats is a plus.

Probably gonna stick in the $75-$95/ticket range (all I can afford anyway). Should I bought trying to get 3 seats this season? For anyone who brings family/children, is it better to get aisle and have a quicker way out and extra shoulder room? or better to get closer to the field but not as easy access to the stairs and/or potentially having larger people sitting next to you squishing you?

Thanks for any advice.

Riley12

Reaction score
Since your daughter is only 9 months, then you have the luxury of time.

If I were you, I'd put in the request for the extra seat and a better set of three seats within your price range this year and
see what your account manager comes up with.

On the other hand, if it were truly me, I'd just keep the two seats and then divide up the season with your spouse half for her and a friend
while you babysit, half for you and a friend while she babysits. When your daughter is 9 or 10, then start bringing her to the games,
I think any younger than that they don't get any enjoyment from the game other than spending time with dad.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I won't take my kids to the game until they're closer to about 10. Younger then that you should take them to a Mariners game, it's a bit more family friendly.

Zowert

Reaction score
This probably won't help you much, but I'll just throw it out there anyway...

Aisle seats are definitely the way to go if you're bringing a young one to the game. I get season tickets every season. My girlfriend cannot make it to every game, so I like to take my seven year old nephew to a couple games a year. It may not be the same for every kid his age, but for my nephew he has to go to the restroom at least twice during the game. He also begs the crap out of me for a soda or food, and I am basically forced to take him up to get it before he throws a fit. So aisle seats are nice because I don't have to annoy the crap out of people every time my nephew needs something. I'm not the type of uncle to say, "No".. However, I've seen some kids his age around my section behave like angels. So it all depends..

All i'm saying, aisle seats are a good idea if you have a younger Hawks fan with you. I would hate to be in the middle of a row and make a bunch of people stand up in the middle of the game whenever my nephew wants some Nachos, a Seahawks t-shirt or he has to go 'potty'. I can't help it. I don't have kids of my own, therefore I just can't say NO to the kid...

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I have a four year old I plan to take to games as he gets older. I hope to take him to one preseason game this year. I bought my seats 4 seasons ago with the point of starting a game day tradition with him.

I specifically bought in the aisle for the reasons the above poster referenced (bathroom trips, etc). Also, more importantly, I bought aisle seats so he will have a better sight line to the field where he can lean into the aisle way to see around people. With younger kids the aisle definitely has its advantages.

Riley12

Reaction score
Preseason is the best time to bring children younger than 10. The crowd is super mild, sometimes boistrous but always friendly. You can make
many, many trips to the bathroom, concessions and pro shop without missing any real football. You can leave early and not care what the final
outcome of the game is.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Seems like sticking with Aisle (even if it means I may be farther away) may be the way to go. Yeah I want my daughter to start off young, her first season (even though she has no idea what happened) she got to see them go undefeated at home so not too bad lol. As for splitting games, good idea, but selling off Daddy going with his friend to game every Sunday while wife stays home with daughter won't fly. And wife probably not gonna watch the games without me either. Seems like I can hold off on the third seat for now, so that's good. Just hope the following season getting when I'll be forced to buy a seat for my daughter, that the add'l seat won't be too difficult to find.