WalterFootball.com see us as next SB winner!

Coxal

Reaction score
Not sure if some people knows walterfootball.com (nfl, picks, draft...). He seems pretty smart on fantasy football and mock draft.

Btw check is new 2014 mock draft (kind of funny but it's more a presentation of the 2014 class). Anyway he puts the Seahawks as #32 pick, winning the SB against the Broncos.

Anyway just check for fun : http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

First time I read this in my life :thirishdrinkers:

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Holy crap, Walter might actually be right about something for once!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3xo3cvmz said:
CALIHAWK1":3xo3cvmz said:
I dont like this at all. I don't like any of the prognosticators picking us.

Lol, why not? It's not like we are going to sneak up on anyone.

The word is out.

Same reason so many ninnies around here vote non-Seahawks players up for the Madden Cover. Medieval superstition.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2jsmp0nq said:

Me neither. But we better get used to it - Seahawks are going to see a lot of this in the coming months.

Has there ever been a year where the Seahawks were a frequent -- perhaps even obvious - pick for the Super Bowl? Even when we went to XL, we were not exactly a fantastic team the year before, finishing 9-8. Going to take a while to get used to this feeling of being one of the favorites.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I love how much Walter's opinion on us has changed in less than a full year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Walter is a MORON! Said we had the worst draft in history or something last year. Kept calling Pete Bazuzu (whatever the hell that means).

Here's what he wrote about us after the draft last year:

4. One such inept franchise is Seattle. What the hell is Pete Carroll doing? James Carpenter was a horrific reach at No. 25 last year, but Bruce Irvin was a billion times worse. He's just an athlete playing football, and he can only do one thing on the field. Plus, he was arrested for robbery earlier in his life and recently was arrested again for ruining public property. There's no way he should have gone in the top four rounds. Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades because I gave Seattle the worst grade in the history of this Web site.

Yeah, Walter can go fornicate with himself. Bandwagon's all full Walter. Go back to gobbling Steeler knob like usual...

The Radish

Reaction score
Let me get this straight.

You ninnies are getting your pantys all in a bunch from some fantasy poster?

Perhaps you should be discussing him/her in the fantasy forum.

nawww to sensible.

:141847_bnono:

kearly

Reaction score
He's not some "fantasy poster". He runs a big site that covers the NFL draft as well as other sports. It now contains some fantasy sports advice, but the main thrust of Walterfootball has always been the NFL draft.

Walter himself isn't smart, but he's at least had some decent guest writers. IIRC, he's a Rams fan and has made it no secret that he hates the Seahawks, probably more than any other team. That's part of why it's so eyebrow raising to see him pick the Seahawks to win it all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You'd have to be a complete idiot to overlook (no pun intended) Russell Wilsons stellar Rook Season, and the trajectery he's headed in.
Not really a bold prediction at all, in fact, it's probably the safest pick that he had to make.
Now Carroll needs to send him a dunce hat for his doubting he and John Schneiders SKILL at finding REAL legitimate football players out and away from all the fanfare and fooferah. :th2thumbs:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The Radish":12e60kpu said:
Let me get this straight.

You ninnies are getting your pantys all in a bunch from some fantasy poster?

Perhaps you should be discussing him/her in the fantasy forum.

nawww to sensible.

:141847_bnono:
Huh?

Methinks someone has never visited walterfootball before... :roll:

OP
OP
Coxal

Coxal

Reaction score
I'm not a huge walterfootball fan and I dont want to defend him (that's need to be crystal clear) but did you see someone who liked our draft last year? Did we get a better grade than D or C? It was understandable and most of these "draft analysis" admitted they were wrong and that our draft turned to be awesome.

Btw walterfootball hates the Seahawks, it's obvious and at least he said it compared to some "pro". What I kinda respect on this website is the scouting report and the coverage of event like Senior Bowl and Combine. It's pro, complete and I personally learn a lot of stuff thanks to his scouting work (he's not alone doing that for the website and I'd even say most of the scouting report come from other guys).

And yeah, he also gives some fantasy advices and seriously he's very good in sleepers ranking.

PS: anyway this is not the point, just sayin a guy who hates the Seahawks put them at #32 in the 2014 draft and, whoever is this guys, whatever it means, I like it and it feels GOOD.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seahawks have got to be the most bipolar fanbase.

No media attention: "WTF! Damn East Coast bias, we never get respect."
Media attention: "I dont like this one bit, we're going to have a target on our back now."

I for one love every ounce of media attention we get, and that includes Shermans trash talk.

DericLee

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1nppqoyg said:

I read a few articles last off season picking Baltimore to win it all.

So it's okay, it's okay man.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Coxal":2nldww5e said:
I'm not a huge walterfootball fan and I dont want to defend him (that's need to be crystal clear) but did you see someone who liked our draft last year? Did we get a better grade than D or C?

I forgot how I found this video (think someone posted it in comments at the Times site), but this guy gave the Seahawks an A- draft grade, predicted Russell Wilson to be the Day 1 starter (in May!), gave great valuations to Irvin, Wagner and Turbin and highlighted Lane and Guy as potential contributors. Probably the most prescient analysis of a team's draft class I've ever seen, and especially impressive considering it was so against the grain at the time.

[youtube]sO70hBrpBmg[/youtube]

cdallan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3v7l746d said:
Walter's an idiot. Basically.

How much do you hate him? Quantify it for us. For example, do you hate him more or less than Wilson?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Steve2222":25kyudv3 said:
Seahawks have got to be the most bipolar fanbase.

No media attention: "WTF! Damn East Coast bias, we never get respect."
Media attention: "I dont like this one bit, we're going to have a target on our back now."

I for one love every ounce of media attention we get, and that includes Shermans trash talk.

How is that bipolar? We are angry both times. I think hypocritical is the word you were looking for

Latest posts