If/when we get rid of Flynn, would you want Hasselbeck back?

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I think its just a matter of time before Flynn leaves to start somewhere. Hes young, servicable, and wants to start.

If hasselbeck was released from Tenn, would you want him to sign here and back up wilson?

personally I would love to see him finish his career here, and now our line is good enough for him not to die if he needed to play. Hes a class act with a lot of experience, and he has a great competetive attitude.

what say you?

(sorry if this has been discussed, i didnt see it anywhere)

Axx

Reaction score
Yes, I want Matt to retire a seahawk and strongly possibly retire with a super bowl ring he deserved.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Absolutely. Matt is one hell of a class act. And he's still a pretty decent backup. I'd be so happy to get him back.

nategreat

Reaction score
Normally I'd say yes, as I love Hasselbeck. And I would have said yes at the beginning of the season too. But now with the read option I don't think he'd fit well.

Actually, you know what? I'm changing my mind as I write this. Yes I'd love to have him as a backup. A good place to end his career. And he doesn't necessarily need to be able to run the read-option. It's just a scheme that we can play without as well. Also, when it comes to the read-option, it's all about QB judgement. So even if we had a QB with the athletic capabilities, it's very doubtful that he'd be as smart with it as Wilson- making the correct reads, etc. Therefore, we may be better off with Hasselbeck anyway.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jesus how many times is this same thread going to pop up?

Hasselbeck is gone. That ship has sailed. It's over!

Sac

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wj8a9dh said:
Jesus how many times is this same thread going to pop up?

Hasselbeck is gone. That ship has sailed. It's over!

[youtube]dsx2vdn7gpY[/youtube]

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would be ok with it, but really I would want someone that could also run the read option since it is a growing part of our playbook now.

Msfann

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either, I think Wilson could learn some things from hass.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nope. I have seen teams sign QBs near their 40's for backup but it usually doesn't end well. Love Matt, hopes he decides to retire in the area and be involved with the team somehow, but do not want to see him out there struggling like he did toward the end of his stay here.

Though he could come back and give the "Charlie, Charlie ..." chanters the finger as he hobbles off the field one last time.

No to TJack, Matt, Vick, Vince Young and Seneca Wallace. ILoveSafeco's head would explode if Wallace came back here.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scones... maybe a crumpet. Cheddar biscuits and sausage gravy.... our just some kale & quinoa.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
We wouldn't run the read option with a backup unless we had 100% confidence in our third stringer. No way you risk losing your backup even if they were capable of running it, which is highly unlikely.

hawker84

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2623v38d said:
Scones... maybe a crumpet. Cheddar biscuits and sausage gravy.... our just some kale & quinoa.

just had a strawberry and creamcheese danish, delish.... and coffee..

no to Hass, but what the hell is wrong with bringing back Seneca Wallace..? he's the perfect poor man's Russell last name wilson...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that Flynn wants out? I know JS said he would listen to offers, but he also said that the situation is acceptable. That they are in a unique position. I want that QUALITY backup BEFORE Flynn goes anywhere.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":26p4gqau said:
Has it been confirmed that Flynn wants out? I know JS said he would listen to offers, but he also said that the situation is acceptable. That they are in a unique position. I want that QUALITY backup BEFORE Flynn goes anywhere.

Honestly, in this scenario it doesn't really matter what Flynn "wants". If they get a good offer, I doubt they will ask him if it's ok to move him lol.