Ault as Consultant/Coach?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I have heard that Chris Ault has said he would like to coach in the NFL, I wonder if he would do a consulting coach sort of thing, since he developed the Pistol. I wonder if PC or another coaching staff (SF) would consider this. Givene that Colin Chickeneck played for Ault...just thinkin'.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It'd be tough in Seattle because Cable is the running game coordinator. Everything flows through him, so Ault would have to be at least below him in the hierarchy. I'd like to just get those two in a room for a couple of hours talking football. I'd trust Cable to tweak and improve the rest.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Interesting idea, but I'd think it would have to be something like a short term consultant rather than a full time assistant. Not sure what he would bring to the table that our coaching staff couldn't pick up through watching tape. In my experience, it was sometimes possible to have too many coaches and consultants on the sideline.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Russell Wilson > Chris Ault... Sure, Ault might have created the Pistol, but Russell Wilson is about to PERFECT it.

Besides, Ault's a Kaepernick guy. I'm sure the Niners have been picking his brain about the Pistol since going with Kaepernick.