Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Ault as Consultant/Coach?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm 
NET Veteran

I have heard that Chris Ault has said he would like to coach in the NFL, I wonder if he would do a consulting coach sort of thing, since he developed the Pistol. I wonder if PC or another coaching staff (SF) would consider this. Givene that Colin Chickeneck played for Ault...just thinkin'.

Post subject: Re: Ault as Consultant/Coach?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 pm 
NET Veteran

It'd be tough in Seattle because Cable is the running game coordinator. Everything flows through him, so Ault would have to be at least below him in the hierarchy. I'd like to just get those two in a room for a couple of hours talking football. I'd trust Cable to tweak and improve the rest.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 am 
NET Rookie

Interesting idea, but I'd think it would have to be something like a short term consultant rather than a full time assistant. Not sure what he would bring to the table that our coaching staff couldn't pick up through watching tape. In my experience, it was sometimes possible to have too many coaches and consultants on the sideline.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 am 
NET Veteran

Russell Wilson > Chris Ault... Sure, Ault might have created the Pistol, but Russell Wilson is about to PERFECT it.

Besides, Ault's a Kaepernick guy. I'm sure the Niners have been picking his brain about the Pistol since going with Kaepernick.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]